Rarity of Megalosaurus?

Mahiira

Rarity of Megalosaurus?

How rare is the Megalosaurus exactly?! I have managed to tame one, a male, and I am now in search for a female and I have been patiently waiting for one to spawn in the south cave where I tamed my male for the past 3 weeks!!! So how nerfed is the spawn rate exactly? I know they spawn in other caves and there is another Megalosaurus in another cave but it’s a male. Anyone have any info? Suggestions? I’d greatly appreciate it!

31 minutes ago, Mahiira said:

Rarity of Megalosaurus?

How rare is the Megalosaurus exactly?! I have managed to tame one, a male, and I am now in search for a female and I have been patiently waiting for one to spawn in the south cave where I tamed my male for the past 3 weeks!!! So how nerfed is the spawn rate exactly? I know they spawn in other caves and there is another Megalosaurus in another cave but it’s a male. Anyone have any info? Suggestions? I’d greatly appreciate it!

It has always been very low, unless you're on Aberration or Extinction, even Ragnarok has some very predictable spawn points.

35 minutes ago, Mahiira said:

Rarity of Megalosaurus?

See if you can get to where the other Megalo is, and kill it.  On Island, they are indeed rare whereas on Aberration and Extinction they are a dime a dozen, especially on Ab.

25 minutes ago, Mahiira said:

Ah I’m sorry I should have specified I’m on the Island map. 

Well unless you don't own Aberration you would save a lot of time and effort in searching for them by just finding some dead Aberration server and making a little taming hut on there. They are plentiful over there. 

They are so rare on the island I've run into them in the south cave and lava cave but only a handful of times and they were usually pretty low level because you know...island. I would say that you might consider just trying to trade someone for a female, but most people will probably only have abberant megas since they are abundant on there.

If you're after the thrill of the hunt and are dead set on taming one yourself then completely clearing out the cave to respawn dinos wouldn't be a bad idea, just watch out for mega rabies.

Like others have said, their spawn rates on the island are low so if you have abb then the best thing you can do is set up a base over there to tame some. They spawn in the blue and rad zone on abb. The blue zone is  a safer environment to tame them because you don't need haz suits but be careful of other dangerous creatures

Good luck 

As has been said the spawns are very low on the island, I've done 100's of cave runs and seen a handful, the best place to tame regular megalos is extinction, if you don't have it then I've tamed a few in the carnivorous caverns and the odd one or two to the west of viking bay, they're certainly a lot easier to find on Ragnarok than the island

On the island are always 4 WILD megalos, but they are not like the titan. Once you are able to tame one, a new wild one spawns. 

But taming them on the island is not really the best place, because there are only 4 on the whole map. Taming them is much easier on Aberration or on The Center.

The last time i tamed some was the Jungle Cave on the Center. Go to the cave entrance near the pond and build a trap around them during day. Then you can just shoot them. And you can find very easily high level ones on The Center. 

Archived