Ab. zone too small for Reaper Queens?

NoblePigeon

So I'm going to be hosting an unofficial PvE server and was idly considering if I should put a Reaper spawner (via mods) in the radiation zone of Valguero's Aberration zone. But after giving it a once over, it seems like its almost a bit too crowded to plop down Reaper Queens. What do you guys think?  Would it be too hard for aspiring embryo hosts to get impregnated down there without too much of a fuss?

The PS4 server I play on has them added to the spawns, supposedly anyway, I've not been down there yet to check as the majority of the Aberration area still hasn't been fixed and is mostly empty, great for crabs, spinos, bary's etc but the fertile areas have little spawns and I've yet to find a bulbdog so sod going down there without a lightpet when there's reapers & nameless added, lanterns could be an option but glowbugs to charge the batteries are like hens teeth as well

From experience on the PC version I don't think it would be that bad, the toughest creatures in there are crabs, unless you added drakes, so at most you'd have to fight off a few crabs, snakes, scorpions, seekers & spiders, once an area is cleared nothing tends to respawn as long as you don't leave render range so a high level reaper will survive while you kill off the rest of the crap then you just need to do your stuff to get pregnant, there's no megalos, purlovias, spinos etc to worry about like on Aberration, I'd say it would give people a reason to go in there as apart from the artifact there's little reason on official/unmodded

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2019 at 3:07 AM, NoblePigeon said:

So I'm going to be hosting an unofficial PvE server and was idly considering if I should put a Reaper spawner (via mods) in the radiation zone of Valguero's Aberration zone. But after giving it a once over, it seems like its almost a bit too crowded to plop down Reaper Queens. What do you guys think?  Would it be too hard for aspiring embryo hosts to get impregnated down there without too much of a fuss?

So I realize my answer is about 2 months late, but my cluster added Reaper Queen spawns to the Valguerro radiation zone.  It makes getting Reaper Queens and getting pregnant really easy, as you can easily kite the Queens out of the radiation zone and into a trap build in the safe area next to the radiation. This way, even if your suit is broken, the bay doesn't die.

My (BOOSTED PS4) cluster added the Reaper Queens last Thursday morning, (today is Tuesday) and in that time, I have kited and been impregnated by dozens of Queens. 

The hardest part, is that the Reapers often get stuck on rock formations. So on my way in, I often harvest the rock formations to remove those obstacles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived