Increased Melee on Babies?

So originally I thought that the baby dino’s stats could cap at whichever parent’s were the highest. I also thought that imprinting bonuses weren’t visible or even noticeable until you ride a dino (which is also why I THINK its useless to imprint non-ridable dinos. Correct me if wrong please). So now I got those assumptions, wrong or not, out of the way, I can say what I experienced. So I got a Deinonychus level 150 (nice, I know) that had 263% melee (notice I said had) and a 170-ish Pterra that SHOULD cap at 304% melee (also nice, I know). Right now they are at 286% and 336%. Now assuming those assumptions at the beginning are true (if not then again, please correct me), then something weird might be going on. On the wiki it said imprinting affects rideable dinos and well, they aren’t rideable yet. Also it affects every single stat except stamina and oxygen yet nothing about these two dinos has changed (I don’t think anyways) except the melee. So what the heck is going on? Even though I am a seasoned breeder there is still so much technical stuff that I don’t know, especially on imprinting so please help.

4 hours ago, DaInsaneHurricane117 said:

So originally I thought that the baby dino’s stats could cap at whichever parent’s were the highest. I also thought that imprinting bonuses weren’t visible or even noticeable until you ride a dino (which is also why I THINK its useless to imprint non-ridable dinos. Correct me if wrong please). So now I got those assumptions, wrong or not, out of the way, I can say what I experienced. So I got a Deinonychus level 150 (nice, I know) that had 263% melee (notice I said had) and a 170-ish Pterra that SHOULD cap at 304% melee (also nice, I know). Right now they are at 286% and 336%. Now assuming those assumptions at the beginning are true (if not then again, please correct me), then something weird might be going on. On the wiki it said imprinting affects rideable dinos and well, they aren’t rideable yet. Also it affects every single stat except stamina and oxygen yet nothing about these two dinos has changed (I don’t think anyways) except the melee. So what the heck is going on? Even though I am a seasoned breeder there is still so much technical stuff that I don’t know, especially on imprinting so please help.

I'll preface my reply by stating I am no expert in breeding but I have been breeding plenty and have researched much so I am not unlearned on the subject.

Baby dinos can inherit the stats of the parents. They can gain mutations to a stat which will increase the stat level by 2 points and assign a color to 1 of 6 regions(not all dinos have 6 color regions and a color mutation may not be seen because it was assigned to a region that doesn't exist). Imprinting bonuses appear on the base stats of the dino, raising the health, food, weight, melee damage and movement speed(non flying dinos only) but the damage bonus and damage reduction is not applied to the dino unless the rider is mounted(indicated by an icon in top right of two fists bumping each other), this value is not shown but if you press H it will show text over the fist bump icon stating how much bonus is applied capping at 30% for 100% imprinted dino.

Long story short your assumptions are wrong. The base stats are increasing with each imprint and most of the time the melee increase will not appear after a successful imprint until you leave render distance of the dino and return. Here is also something you may encounter if you breed quite a lot. Sometimes the melee damage will increase without gaining a mutation(i.e. Both rex parents have 381% melee damage but baby has 384% melee and 0 mutations). The game is taking the value from a tamed dino and when the egg hatches it rounds up giving you a higher melee damage than was present on either of the parents.

You can test the stat increases yourself by adding folders in the baby dinos inventory as soon as it hatches and as you complete more and more imprints take note of how the stats are increasing.

46 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Flyers as well get movement  speed bonus:)

The only case where this is possible now is if the server you are player is using the classic flyer mod. Official servers have removed that function long ago for the sake of PvP balance.

42 minutes ago, gudmugly said:

I'll preface my reply by stating I am no expert in breeding but I have been breeding plenty and have researched much so I am not unlearned on the subject.

Baby dinos can inherit the stats of the parents. They can gain mutations to a stat which will increase the stat level by 2 points and assign a color to 1 of 6 regions(not all dinos have 6 color regions and a color mutation may not be seen because it was assigned to a region that doesn't exist). Imprinting bonuses appear on the base stats of the dino, raising the health, food, weight, melee damage and movement speed(non flying dinos only) but the damage bonus and damage reduction is not applied to the dino unless the rider is mounted(indicated by an icon in top right of two fists bumping each other), this value is not shown but if you press H it will show text over the fist bump icon stating how much bonus is applied capping at 30% for 100% imprinted dino.

Long story short your assumptions are wrong. The base stats are increasing with each imprint and most of the time the melee increase will not appear after a successful imprint until you leave render distance of the dino and return. Here is also something you may encounter if you breed quite a lot. Sometimes the melee damage will increase without gaining a mutation(i.e. Both rex parents have 381% melee damage but baby has 384% melee and 0 mutations). The game is taking the value from a tamed dino and when the egg hatches it rounds up giving you a higher melee damage than was present on either of the parents.

You can test the stat increases yourself by adding folders in the baby dinos inventory as soon as it hatches and as you complete more and more imprints take note of how the stats are increasing.

The only case where this is possible now is if the server you are player is using the classic flyer mod. Official servers have removed that function long ago for the sake of PvP balance.

Negative. ..pteradon tamed 100 movement speed pteradon breed 136 movement speed same for dimorphodon

48 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Negative. ..pteradon tamed 100 movement speed pteradon breed 136 movement speed same for dimorphodon

Please link a screenshot of a pteranodon with higher than 135% movement speed on official server.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Pteranodon
Look at the basic stat section of the pteranodon page and note the difference between wild and domesticated.

Basic Stats
Attribute Amount at Level 1 Increase per point Taming Bonus
Wild Domesticated1 Add Mult
Health.png Health 210 +42 +3% 0.07 (TBHM: 90%6)
Stamina.png Stamina 150 +7.5 +4%    
Oxygen.png Oxygen 150 +15 +10%    
Food.png Food 1200 +120 +10%   15%
Weight.png Weight 120 +2.4 +3%    
Melee Damage.png Melee Damage 18 / 502 +0.9 / +2.5 +1.275% 9.1% 17.6%
Movement Speed.png Movement Speed 100% N/A3 +0% 35%  
Torpidity.png Torpidity 120 +7.2 N/A4 0.5  

1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpidity increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed. 
6The TamedBaseHealthMultiplier (TBHM) is applied right after taming, before the additive bonus is applied)

Wild and tamed  ptera cannot even have stats applied to movement speed. They get KO and it will show 100% but after you tame them it will add 35% for 135% move speed. Every baby will hatch with 135% move speed as well. 

32 minutes ago, Rogero said:

Reason babys melee can be higher than both tamed parents is that babys melee is with full taming eff even if parent wasnt tamed perfect.

Yes you are correct.

1 hour ago, gudmugly said:

Please link a screenshot of a pteranodon with higher than 135% movement speed on official server.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Pteranodon
Look at the basic stat section of the pteranodon page and note the difference between wild and domesticated.

Basic Stats
Attribute Amount at Level 1 Increase per point Taming Bonus
Wild Domesticated1 Add Mult
Health.png Health 210 +42 +3% 0.07 (TBHM: 90%6)
Stamina.png Stamina 150 +7.5 +4%    
Oxygen.png Oxygen 150 +15 +10%    
Food.png Food 1200 +120 +10%   15%
Weight.png Weight 120 +2.4 +3%    
Melee Damage.png Melee Damage 18 / 502 +0.9 / +2.5 +1.275% 9.1% 17.6%
Movement Speed.png Movement Speed 100% N/A3 +0% 35%  
Torpidity.png Torpidity 120 +7.2 N/A4 0.5  

1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpidity increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed. 
6The TamedBaseHealthMultiplier (TBHM) is applied right after taming, before the additive bonus is applied)

Wild and tamed  ptera cannot even have stats applied to movement speed. They get KO and it will show 100% but after you tame them it will add 35% for 135% move speed. Every baby will hatch with 135% move speed as well. 

Yes you are correct.

No screenshots available atm xD at work but  I'm 100% sure on dimorph get movement spd bonus with breeding ark wiki is simply a website  any Bob can enter info there x,x

45 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

No screenshots available atm xD at work but  I'm 100% sure on dimorph get movement spd bonus with breeding ark wiki is simply a website  any Bob can enter info there x,x

11 minutes ago, acat said:

Snow owls get a boost from imprinting. 0% imprint equals 100% ms, 100% imprint makes for 120% ms

These are the only fliers that get it. Snow owl (dunno why??) And any non-ridable fliers (dimorph / vulture / glowpet)

9 hours ago, DaInsaneHurricane117 said:

You are not a seasoned breeder if you dont know these basic things, sorry ! I suggest you do a bit of googling and you will learn a lot! Also loads of good info here posted (which is why I didnt bother adding to it) 

Good luck :)

45 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

I stand corrected on dimorphodon. They get 1% speed increase per level as do the other shoulder pet flyers. I use the wiki because I am unaware of an official source that not just any Bob can enter info on. If there is an official source for the same information then please share because I do not mind having more resources to find the correct information I am looking for.

This post refers specifically to pteranodon and deinonychus which I have experience with breeding. I have never bred dimorphs and did not know they could have move speed applied to them. Thanks for enlightening me to that. I do not believe that I am incorrect in regards to the ptera as none of the ones I have bred have more than 135% speed nor can I add points to it.

That’s the thing guys, I don’t have it 100% imprint yet and NOTHING except melee is increasing. On top of that the Deinon is a 1st Gen so it’s impossible to have mutations. The Pterra is 2nd Gen but no mutations have been counted. Its a surprise but a welcomed one at that.

Nevermind. I referenced to a screenshot and all stats did indeed increase. I thought imprinting only kicked in when they were ridden though. that’s a surprise.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived