Upcoming Changes (August 2019)

GroveStreetJordan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/1/2019 at 4:16 AM, HappyRockN said:

If I'm paying money every month for my own server, why should I not be able to build anywhere on the map and block anything I want. It's just me all by my lonesome and if I ever allow people on it, I should be able to block an obelisk if I want. If they don't like it, they can move to another server. This should be an optional thing for unofficial servers. Why would I keep spending money every month if I can't run my server how I see fit?

You can edit game files to allow building on the obelisk...

EnableExtraStructurePreventionVolumes=false

Oh my goodness, people! Look at the thread location!

This is posted in the General section of ARK-Mobile. Please read before asking questions like this. 

Notice the OP is Wardrum, not Wildcard and the mention of Eery element and DUNGEONS. Just a little extra effort can avoid spamming a post with off topic, unnecessary questions.

@Tomtuffe @DillyDilly @Jadriel30 @Jadriel3535

May I ask? Is this for mobile only, or official console servers too? And if so, what are the exact areas around the obelisks? 

The discussion is real on the servers and people are confused.

Is the "no build zone a square now (after update) and how far do they extend?

Example: the 3 spike hill next to green on rag, is that going to be no build zone? (Has nothing to do with acces blocking).

I do understand the concept and think it's a good idea. But I'm not moving, to find out later we were just outside the area.

Please be more specific :)

Don’t do this @Qualeuri and @BullPei...

It is in the mobile section! This only affects mobile! Please check the thread location and previous comments before spamming! If it affected all consoles, it would’ve been posted by WC, not WarDrum, and would’ve been in the Community Crunch or something, not in the mobile section.

Again, Spinodestroyer. I am asking this for numerous people. Not spamming or anything.

A lot of people were asking. Even started looking for new spots (which is a pain bc certain tribes have pillared a hughe area and WC isn't taking action... even after putting in tickets with pics, vids etc). 

This still is a forum and it's allowed to ask a question, right?

So please don't react like we're spamming.

For the rest of your reply, thank you for making it clear. Have a nice day ?

You should make tek picks and axes and stuff like that for faster harvesting and using 1-100 idek element dust per hit it would cook the metal that you harvest and cook trees to charcoal it would help bullet crafting and stuff late game instead of constantly hopping and traveling to dinos to do so and then bring it back home. Would just save time and be a good attribute to ark @WarDrumJordan

On 8/7/2019 at 4:58 AM, BullPei said:

May I ask? Is this for mobile only, or official console servers too? And if so, what are the exact areas around the obelisks? 

The discussion is real on the servers and people are confused.

Is the "no build zone a square now (after update) and how far do they extend?

Example: the 3 spike hill next to green on rag, is that going to be no build zone? (Has nothing to do with acces blocking).

I do understand the concept and think it's a good idea. But I'm not moving, to find out later we were just outside the area.

Please be more specific :)

Dude, you literally asked this right below me telling 4 other players. Try READING a thread before you ask questions... or at least the words right in front of your face.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:42 AM, BullPei said:

Again, Spinodestroyer. I am asking this for numerous people. Not spamming or anything.

A lot of people were asking. Even started looking for new spots (which is a pain bc certain tribes have pillared a hughe area and WC isn't taking action... even after putting in tickets with pics, vids etc). 

This still is a forum and it's allowed to ask a question, right?

So please don't react like we're spamming.

For the rest of your reply, thank you for making it clear. Have a nice day ?

His frustration probably grew from the fact that you asked that right below me telling every other player in the thread who’d asked exactly what this concerned. It’s not like you couldn’t be bothered to pay attention for 10 extra seconds before posting.

Why would PC players be concerned when this isn’t posted anywhere in PC or console forums?

Using a little common sense and basic reading skill goes a long way in life. 

I should clarify too, there have always been many disconnects. Usually 2x during a game and that’s it. But today I’ve been disconnected 18 times in 2 hours. 

I have cox high speed internet pulling a consistent 160mbps dedicated downstream and 25mbps up. The up fluctuates to as low as 12. But normally over 20.  These disconnects make it impossible to do ANYTHING now. Also there is only 1  Survivor connected   ME!

Legacy PVE server. 

Archived