Upcoming Changes (August 2019)

GroveStreetJordan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/31/2019 at 11:24 AM, WarDrumJordan said:

We’d like to take a minute and talk about some upcoming changes to the game. Our next update is focused entirely on Quality-of-Life improvements and bug fixes. Many of these changes are influenced by community feedback that we’ve received across social media, our Discord suggestions channel, and even a particular shared Google Doc. 
Below are just a few of the changes coming in the update which we’d like to give you advanced notice on now. This update is currently targeting mid-August and contains almost two dozen various fixes & improvements. We’ll discuss more of its contents as the release date gets closer.

OBELISK BUILDING RADIUS

In order to ensure that all players can access the Obelisks for tributing & Dungeon access, we are expanding the no-build radius around each one on all Multiplayer Servers. Please consult the map below for visualizations of the areas where you will no longer be able to build. Note that this restriction covers the airspace above each Obelisk as well.
Once the mid-August update drops, any structures within this area will automatically be wiped. If you have a base in this area, please take the next two weeks to move your base outside of this radius.

2037989167_Islandmapzoomins-text.thumb.png.1026e3b9f274a019949c6eff03977f0f.png

FLOATING STRUCTURES

Starting with this update, the building exploit which allows you to build “floating” structures will no longer work in any game mode. Any pre-existing structures will remain untouched, however you may find that they will be destroyed once you remove or change a piece of the structure post-update. 
If you currently have “floating” structures built, our recommendation is that you remove anything valuable from them before the mid-August update.

TEK STRUCTURE RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS

We’ve heard your feedback on the high Eery Element cost of crafting TEK structures, and we agree. A successful Dungeon run should allow you to craft more than one TEK structure.
As such, starting with this next update, the Eery Element requirement on all core building structures (ie. Foundations, Walls, Doors, etc.) will be reduced by 50%.

See you in the Dungeons,
WarDrumJordan

this should be around our bases too. it sucks other players can put turrets inside our base or outside of our walls. needs to be a boundary line so many feet from each base..

22 hours ago, SANCUBETV said:

Need ingame Voice Chat and  add singleplayer host i have a friend we both play on single player and we need to play together make a host so he can join in my single player pls do it thanks

And make 3 amber per ad for pass holders thats it THANKS for this wonderfulgame

Yeah that’s never going to happen. The stability issues for however many different devices they support on a free mobile game is never going to happen. Just use discord voice chat with your friend or a phone/computer. Same with the host thing, too many stability issues would occur. Plus, it’s single player. It defeats the entire purpose. 

Pass holders ALREADY DO GET 3 AMBER per ad watched lol. They have for a while. 

Rather clear the servers of the bugged tames. 55k hp Quetzals 10k hp tapejaras. It would help to make the game more attractive for newcomers. Anytime is the person able to build a base with turrets. These creatures can handle and soak the 10 turrets in one area easily. I stopped play because of this unfair behavior of some tribes which easily changing their names after somebody tells they were reported. 

Thank you very much. 

I have being playing on mobile for only two months now and the update to floating structures is a bit disconcerting (if not dam right annoying) for several reasons.

- Forgive the lack of understanding but it’s not clear to me what exploit you are referring to. Are you telling me I can now longer snap a foundation to a raft, or I can no longer snap a storage box or bed to it either? If two objects are designed to snap together then the game is working as designed. When I snap 3x3 foundations to a raft and work within the designed limit of objects connected to that raft, the game is still working as designed. I can tell you from experience, every part of by floating structure is subject to every environmental and player interaction as is any other structure within the game world.

- As a noob (and proud of it) on a well established pvp server, there is literally no other way to secure sufficient resources long enough to get a foothold in the game. And getting passed around the tribes like some cheap trick or as canon fodder is certainly not my idea of fun nor any reasonable survival game. Building a mobile base (in this case a raft with 3x3 foundations two walls high and a giant hatch on top) has been the only way to get some benefit from all that time spent grinding (and before you say anything I am talking about resources and now my short stint as a tribe cheap canon fodder trick) and keep at least one arg from being killed.

- Also at a loss as to what you would want to remove this dynamic from the single player game on mobile. There are countless aspects in the single player game that don’t translate into the multiplayer game why would snapping a couple of foundations on a raft in single player represent an exploit??

- I also play on an official server and  can not reclaim and building material from any my structures when I  destroy them. So regardless of whether I have used amber or mined resources to build a floating structure this update is will remove the digital assets from the server with no means of compensation for my time or money spent. 

- Whilst I “don’t” want to play devil’s advocate and suggest that a bug in ark couldn’t be fixed so it has become part of game play, some variant of this bug/feature has been in play on mobile servers for a while (regardless of the exploit label). In early July when I changed the name of Rafty McRaft Face  (my raft/floating structure) , I was forced to watch in dismay as the whole thing was destroyed, promptly sinking to the bottom of the sea along with everything on Rafty. Insert any expletive you might like and I can guarantee to I used all them that evening. I trawled the forums and found no mention of this and presumed I had pressed the destroy button as  I was suffering from fat fingers that evening. So whilst I thank you for saving me the embarrassment for seeking help for my fat fingers, I’m really not happy that you have decided not to fix a bug but make it a feature.

Grumpy moan over but what is there for a noob to do now-a-days with the prospect of returning to a game life as a tribe’s cheap canon fodder trick =).

On 8/2/2019 at 1:00 PM, Vrtak said:

Rather clear the servers of the bugged tames. 55k hp Quetzals 10k hp tapejaras. It would help to make the game more attractive for newcomers. Anytime is the person able to build a base with turrets. These creatures can handle and soak the 10 turrets in one area easily. I stopped play because of this unfair behavior of some tribes which easily changing their names after somebody tells they were reported. 

Thank you very much. 

@Vrtak the did a massive wipe like 2 weeks ago because lots of people started complaining that their best dinos were wiped. What difficulty are you playing on? Because 55k Quetzs and 10k tapes are easily achievable without cheating...

@Terafacta like spinodestroyer mentioned, they don’t mean floating as in “buoyant” objects. They mean structures that float in the sky. These have been dubbed floating structures. There are threads and screenshots littering the forums over this issue in PVP related topics. 

On 7/31/2019 at 12:24 PM, WarDrumJordan said:

We’d like to take a minute and talk about some upcoming changes to the game. Our next update is focused entirely on Quality-of-Life improvements and bug fixes. Many of these changes are influenced by community feedback that we’ve received across social media, our Discord suggestions channel, and even a particular shared Google Doc. 
Below are just a few of the changes coming in the update which we’d like to give you advanced notice on now. This update is currently targeting mid-August and contains almost two dozen various fixes & improvements. We’ll discuss more of its contents as the release date gets closer.

OBELISK BUILDING RADIUS

In order to ensure that all players can access the Obelisks for tributing & Dungeon access, we are expanding the no-build radius around each one on all Multiplayer Servers. Please consult the map below for visualizations of the areas where you will no longer be able to build. Note that this restriction covers the airspace above each Obelisk as well.
Once the mid-August update drops, any structures within this area will automatically be wiped. If you have a base in this area, please take the next two weeks to move your base outside of this radius.

2037989167_Islandmapzoomins-text.thumb.png.1026e3b9f274a019949c6eff03977f0f.png

FLOATING STRUCTURES

Starting with this update, the building exploit which allows you to build “floating” structures will no longer work in any game mode. Any pre-existing structures will remain untouched, however you may find that they will be destroyed once you remove or change a piece of the structure post-update. 
If you currently have “floating” structures built, our recommendation is that you remove anything valuable from them before the mid-August update.

TEK STRUCTURE RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS

We’ve heard your feedback on the high Eery Element cost of crafting TEK structures, and we agree. A successful Dungeon run should allow you to craft more than one TEK structure.
As such, starting with this next update, the Eery Element requirement on all core building structures (ie. Foundations, Walls, Doors, etc.) will be reduced by 50%.

See you in the Dungeons,
WarDrumJordan

Archived