Upcoming Changes (August 2019)

GroveStreetJordan

• GroveStreet

We’d like to take a minute and talk about some upcoming changes to the game. Our next update is focused entirely on Quality-of-Life improvements and bug fixes. Many of these changes are influenced by community feedback that we’ve received across social media, our Discord suggestions channel, and even a particular shared Google Doc. 
Below are just a few of the changes coming in the update which we’d like to give you advanced notice on now. This update is currently targeting mid-August and contains almost two dozen various fixes & improvements. We’ll discuss more of its contents as the release date gets closer.

OBELISK BUILDING RADIUS

In order to ensure that all players can access the Obelisks for tributing & Dungeon access, we are expanding the no-build radius around each one on all Multiplayer Servers. Please consult the map below for visualizations of the areas where you will no longer be able to build. Note that this restriction covers the airspace above each Obelisk as well.
Once the mid-August update drops, any structures within this area will automatically be wiped. If you have a base in this area, please take the next two weeks to move your base outside of this radius.

2037989167_Islandmapzoomins-text.thumb.png.1026e3b9f274a019949c6eff03977f0f.png

FLOATING STRUCTURES

Starting with this update, the building exploit which allows you to build “floating” structures will no longer work in any game mode. Any pre-existing structures will remain untouched, however you may find that they will be destroyed once you remove or change a piece of the structure post-update. 
If you currently have “floating” structures built, our recommendation is that you remove anything valuable from them before the mid-August update.

TEK STRUCTURE RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS

We’ve heard your feedback on the high Eery Element cost of crafting TEK structures, and we agree. A successful Dungeon run should allow you to craft more than one TEK structure.
As such, starting with this next update, the Eery Element requirement on all core building structures (ie. Foundations, Walls, Doors, etc.) will be reduced by 50%.

See you in the Dungeons,
WarDrumJordan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm paying money every month for my own server, why should I not be able to build anywhere on the map and block anything I want. It's just me all by my lonesome and if I ever allow people on it, I should be able to block an obelisk if I want. If they don't like it, they can move to another server. This should be an optional thing for unofficial servers. Why would I keep spending money every month if I can't run my server how I see fit?

• GroveStreet
14 minutes ago, HappyRockN said:

If I'm paying money every month for my own server, why should I not be able to build anywhere on the map and block anything I want. It's just me all by my lonesome and if I ever allow people on it, I should be able to block an obelisk if I want. If they don't like it, they can move to another server. This should be an optional thing for unofficial servers. Why would I keep spending money every month if I can't run my server how I see fit?

Unofficial Server owners already have an option to enable building at Obelisks and Caves in their server options settings. This will not change.

• GroveStreet
48 minutes ago, Aeschyl said:

How about them iOS crash fixes tho... that alone is almost making Ark mobile unplayable for iOS users.

If you're having a stability issue on iOS, I suggest you perform a hard reset on your device. Google "Hard Reset" + your specific device model for instructions.

50 minutes ago, Aomineea said:

Regarding floating structures, would mobile base raft be considered as well since things are stored in it?

I would assume the building on rafts will continue since the raft would be useless if that is removed which will make many players lose their cool if their raft bases were taken away

32 minutes ago, WarDrumJordan said:

If you're having a stability issue on iOS, I suggest you perform a hard reset on your device. Google "Hard Reset" + your specific device model for instructions.

A hard reset does nothing to fix the crashes I experience on iOS. I play on an iPad 6 and the crashes are constant. Any help with this issue in the next update would be a great idea.

3 hours ago, WarDrumJordan said:

Мы хотели бы уделить минутку и поговорить о предстоящих изменениях в игре. Наше следующее обновление полностью посвящено улучшениям качества жизни и исправлению ошибок. На многие из этих изменений влияют отзывы сообщества, полученные нами в социальных сетях, на нашем канале предложений Discord и даже в отдельном общедоступном Документе Google. 
Ниже приведены лишь некоторые из изменений, которые появятся в обновлении, о которых мы хотели бы сообщить вам заранее. В настоящее время это обновление предназначено для середины августа и содержит почти два десятка различных исправлений и улучшений. Мы обсудим больше его содержания по мере приближения даты релиза.

ОБЕЛИСК СТРОИТЕЛЬНЫЙ РАДИУС

Чтобы обеспечить всем игрокам доступ к Обелискам для доступа и доступа к подземельям, мы расширяем радиус запрета постройки вокруг каждого на всех многопользовательских серверах. Пожалуйста, обратитесь к карте ниже для визуализации областей, где вы больше не сможете строить. Обратите внимание, что это ограничение распространяется и на воздушное пространство над каждым обелиском.
Как только обновление в середине августа прекратится, все структуры в этой области будут автоматически уничтожены . Если у вас есть база в этой области, пожалуйста, в течение следующих двух недель выведите свою базу за пределы этого радиуса.

2037989167_Islandmapzoomins-text.thumb.png.1026e3b9f274a019949c6eff03977f0f.png

ПЛАВАЮЩИЕ КОНСТРУКЦИИ

Начиная с этого обновления, строительный эксплойт, позволяющий создавать «плавающие» структуры, больше не будет работать в любом игровом режиме. Любые ранее существующие структуры останутся нетронутыми, однако вы можете обнаружить, что они будут уничтожены после удаления или изменения части структуры после обновления. 
Если в настоящее время у вас построены «плавающие» структуры, мы рекомендуем вам удалить из них что-либо ценное до обновления в середине августа.

ТЭК СТРУКТУРА РЕСУРС ТРЕБОВАНИЯ

Мы услышали ваши отзывы о высокой стоимости Eery Element при создании структур TEK, и мы согласны. Успешная пробежка в подземелье должна позволять вам создавать более одной структуры TEK.
Таким образом, начиная со следующего обновления, требование Eery Element для всех основных строительных конструкций (т. Е. Фундаментов, стен, дверей и т. Д.) Будет снижено на 50%.

Увидимся в подземельях,
WarDrumJordan

Почему неофициальных серверах на консоли нет элемента ? Почему админы на неофициальных серверах не могут использовать консоль в лабиринтах? Зачем я плачу деньги за сервер  если не могу использовать консоль где угодно?

I think I should improve the game.  I remember the first time the game was released.  I play on an Ip 6s plus.  It is very smooth, perfect.  but more and more updates made it impossible.  after a while i can't play with that ip6s plus anymore.  and now i have upgraded to ip X. but in reality, fast games heat up my phone.  and it starts lag, delay.  I hope you can overcome this.  I know this is a 3D game.  but you can install it to allow players to put graphics into 2D.  It will help mobile phones play longer.  Hope you understand what I mean.  It is recommended to optimize the game before releasing the dungeon updates, or TEK, but it is not the same as the PC.

4 hours ago, WarDrumJordan said:

Unofficial Server owners already have an option to enable building at Obelisks and Caves in their server options settings. This will not change.

This was my main concern (that we were losing this option), and I appreciate you taking the time to clarify that for those of us with private servers. Thank you!

Archived