Fastest egg laying dino

Holalet

43 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I heard once (this was a LONG time ago though) that dodo eggs don't count toward your egg count.

You can very well be right about that. After I posted I had a few doubts about it myself

edit: been searching like mad but google isnt cooperating. Did find this though: "

According to the most up to date dev kit the limit is 6 eggs of a specific dino and 20 eggs total in a given range.

Edit: Just looked again, the range is 50 meters"

• Volunteer Moderator
57 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I heard once (this was a LONG time ago though) that dodo eggs don't count toward your egg count.

29 minutes ago, d1nk said:

You can very well be right about that. After I posted I had a few doubts about it myself

The limits are; 6 eggs of the same dino type in a 22,000 units range and 20 eggs of any dino type in a 5000 units range. By default, all species have 1% chance to lay an egg every 120 seconds or on unstasising. However, there is another egg laying mechanic that is used by the dodo and penguin classes that seems to ignore these limits (or internally scaling them). Every times they poop, they have 13% chance to poop an "alt item" which are set to their respective regular egg for both classes and no other species seems to currently use that mechanic at all. There is of course other factors that can influence the egg laying rate such as mate-boost and the oviraptor. Both of which are not increasing the chance, but seem to rather divide the intervals meaning that they roll a chance to lay more frequently. There is also the region that seems to play a role although I believe this is not an intended feature but if you place your egg farm into a Wilderness (previously named Unknown Region) area, they seems to lay way more frequently when being unstasised.

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

That amazes me. In nearly 4000 hours of ARK gameplay, I have NEVER come across a Penguin egg in the wild. 

They do!

E7D95D2D0F37C004E924B77509A0BF513C85D882

55 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The limits are; 6 eggs of the same dino type in a 22,000 units range and 20 eggs of any dino type in a 5000 units range. By default, all species have 1% chance to lay an egg every 120 seconds or on unstasising. However, there is another egg laying mechanic that is used by the dodo and penguin classes that seems to ignore these limits (or internally scaling them). Every times they poop, they have 13% chance to poop an "alt item" which are set to their respective regular egg for both classes and no other species seems to currently use that mechanic at all. There is of course other factors that can influence the egg laying rate such as mate-boost and the oviraptor. Both of which are not increasing the chance, but seem to rather divide the intervals meaning that they roll a chance to lay more frequently. There is also the region that seems to play a role although I believe this is not an intended feature but if you place your egg farm into a Wilderness (previously named Unknown Region) area, they seems to lay way more frequently when being unstasised.

They do!

E7D95D2D0F37C004E924B77509A0BF513C85D882

The Penguins on my cluster and single player games must have been sterile.

• Volunteer Moderator
23 hours ago, Aushegun said:

The Penguins on my cluster and single player games must have been sterile.

Either that or the majority of the ones you saw were not able to lay eggs as only mate-boosted adult females will lay eggs and most of the penguins spawn as babies.

Archived