Dinos on aggressive inside the dino leash circle

Gr3t3

2 hours ago, Gr3t3 said:

Dinos on aggressive inside the dino leash circle

Heya!

Can dinos run out of the red dino leash circle when they're agroing a wild dino? I set 3 wyverns on aggressive&wandering inside the dino leash circle and somehow they got out of it. Ideas?

Cheers!

Did you make sure you deactivated and reactivated the leash? You cant just have a leash going and put dinos in there to hope for the best. Every new dinos added you need to deactivate and reactivate to get the lock icon

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Did you make sure you deactivated and reactivated the leash? You cant just have a leash going and put dinos in there to hope for the best. Every new dinos added you need to deactivate and reactivate to get the lock icon

On top of this, any server restart often deactivates the leash. So if there was an update or server crash, it needs to be activated again.

17 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

On top of this, any server restart often deactivates the leash. So if there was an update or server crash, it needs to be activated again.

And yet Wildcard designed the leash to prevent any dinos locked in from leaving when you whistle follow. Logic is a bit flawed. Took me several times whistle following a dino to realize they are locked in for good until you ride them out or server restarts/crashes. 

The restart glitch is why we have 35 gigas roaming the swap now on aggressive lol

1 hour ago, flamron said:

And yet Wildcard designed the leash to prevent any dinos locked in from leaving when you whistle follow. Logic is a bit flawed. Took me several times whistle following a dino to realize they are locked in for good until you ride them out or server restarts/crashes. 

The restart glitch is why we have 35 gigas roaming the swap now on aggressive lol

I was always perplexed. Outside my base I left 2 Rex's on a leash on aggressive, I stored my Giga over at Obsidian Island on Rag at my farming base and also had my snails/beetles leashed inside my base but after every update/server restart the leash outside was fine. I only needed to reset my snail/beetle leash inside my base and the Giga leash at ob island. ?‍♂️ #Featurenotabug

Or do it the old fashioned way that we used to use before leashes - put a high health stego fully loaded with stone on neutral (this helps stop it getting eaten if something attacks it while the aggressive dinos are "busy" & as it's fully loaded it can't run off after an attacker) where you would place the leash & set the aggressive ones to follow the stego, don't use wander.

Archived