My dinosaurs were stolen in PvE

MaoLv

Not really sure what happened here.  It is not possible for your pets to get stolen on official pve.  Could you explain more?  And if English is not your first language that is okay but you actually just told us that you stole your own pets.  Are you trying to say that you allowed a stranger into your tribe and they took your pets and left?

I don't think you'll ever get them back, but cmiiw if you do later on. That's why I play mostly solo or when i add ppl or join other tribe I'm ready to lose everything that I have before. 

If you are the Tribe Leader you can set limitation so other ppl cannot unclaim dinoes, don't appoint them as admin yet before you play with them for longer to see whether they can be trusted or not.

I ever kicked a person because he ate Lamb Chops lol. I saved leftover muttons and cooked them to LC but this guy was too lazy to cook and ate my LC

3 hours ago, MaoLv said:

I see. they've gone. we'll make new ones. but first, egg dinos. does the arc have anything to do with preventing these types of situations?

What invincibleqc said is true, there are already methods in the game to prevent this kind of thing, In the tribe manager you are able to assign permissions and a rank to each member in the tribe, you can create a permission level with various settings, for example you can stop others being able to destroy structures, you can stop them from riding dino's, make it so they cant access certain box's or even certain doors, there is a ton of stuff and it is all very useful in stopping people you dont trust in your tribe from doing things that they shouldnt be.

Go have a look at the tribe rank settings in the tribe manager and you will see all the different stuff you can do.

This feature was really usefull for me and a friend when we were building a metal base with stacked foundations and walls, super annoying having it demolish instead of using the extra snappoint, so we assigned a "builder" rank that didnt have permission to demolish sturcters and boom problem solved, he could then spam place the structures and it wouldnt let him replace walls etc by accident. made the process a lot faster, then I simply move him back out of that rank and back to admin after and all is right once more :).

So go and play around with them, there is a lot you can do with the rank permissions, goodluck :)

43 minutes ago, HoboNation said:

What invincibleqc said is true, there are already methods in the game to prevent this kind of thing, In the tribe manager you are able to assign permissions and a rank to each member in the tribe, you can create a permission level with various settings, for example you can stop others being able to destroy structures, you can stop them from riding dino's, make it so they cant access certain box's or even certain doors, there is a ton of stuff and it is all very useful in stopping people you dont trust in your tribe from doing things that they shouldnt be.

Go have a look at the tribe rank settings in the tribe manager and you will see all the different stuff you can do.

This feature was really usefull for me and a friend when we were building a metal base with stacked foundations and walls, super annoying having it demolish instead of using the extra snappoint, so we assigned a "builder" rank that didnt have permission to demolish sturcters and boom problem solved, he could then spam place the structures and it wouldnt let him replace walls etc by accident. made the process a lot faster, then I simply move him back out of that rank and back to admin after and all is right once more :).

So go and play around with them, there is a lot you can do with the rank permissions, goodluck :)

No setting to prevent c4 being used on structures or taking a sword to tames. 

Insiding is a legit pvp method so it leaks over to pve since there's almost no way to turn off friendly fire without game breaking results. 

Sadly, for the OP, he can only chalk this up as a learning experience and move on if he chooses.

thank you for your answers. that's the only question I want to ask there. move the dino out. or is there something that requires owner or administrator permission to transfer the Dino to another server? I wonder about him. I have 1 Tribal friend and it's really good. we met at the game. and we've been acting together for a long time. but if we decide to take it again one day( PvP only. we are both not professionals :D) is there a permit to prevent the removal of ownership or the exchange of servers?                                                           

sorry was a bit long.

9 hours ago, HoboNation said:

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Insiding is a legit pvp method so it leaks over to pve since there's almost no way to turn off friendly fire without game breaking results. 

Sadly, for the OP, he can only chalk this up as a learning experience and move on if he chooses.

Nor does it include cryopods. I love the whole cryopod thing (even for trades, here take this pod.. its now yours) instead of claim/unclaim but I feel *something* will be done about this.

16 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This is true but I mean you can still use rank to work around and prevent that stuff. If the benches and chests  that are required to make C4 are locked to lower ranks and the door to the tame pen is also locked to lower ranks in the tribe then they would have to make their own base with their own fabi get their own resources to make the C4, already if they are doing this you have time to be suspicious, and only then they can blow in and kill tames or whatever else. At that point it is very similar to if they were never in the tribe and just did that stuff as an enemy rather than a tribe mate. Sure it would still allow them to get past your base defenses, that part is a bit unavoidable, unless turrets get a new setting that allows them to target tribe members who damage certain structures or that are able to target certain ranking of tribe members.

I will say that if they are going through the effort to make their own little base and craft c4 and such that they would probably have eventually gotten past most defenses if they weren't in your tribe. It would be cool if there was a tribe member rank setting called untrusted or something, where if a player is given this rank and they do a certain amount of damage to structures or tames that it automatically boots them from the tribe so the turrets can go to town. Or even just a setting that allows turrets to target everything besides admins and tribe owners. Then insiding would truly be avoidable. 

In-siding is kind of the cowards art to warfare, People who do it are usually of weak character IRL, but it is part of the game, just the same as trolling a beach on a lvl 500 mana killing freshly spawned nakeds to make oneself feel powerful is part of the game. Ever see a grown man slap a baby in face to feel like he isnt a weakling, thats what naked killing is like. Ironic part is they do it to feel strong but to everyone around them it just makes them look weak and reveals their fragile egos. Especially when that naked is me and I still knock them out with nothing but a boomerang and some bolas :P the salt must flow ?

22 hours ago, Jimoffipc said:

If you steal your own Dinos than report yourself ??

I once stole my own dinos, I logged a ticket and reported myself but they never did anything about it. I got away with it without even a warning. Now I can roam around my base freely and take whatever I want and there is nothing I can do about it. I steal my stuff all the time and all I can do is stand by and watch, no one will help me :( 

3 hours ago, HoboNation said:

I once stole my own dinos, I logged a ticket and reported myself but they never did anything about it. I got away with it without even a warning. Now I can roam around my base freely and take whatever I want and there is nothing I can do about it. I steal my stuff all the time and all I can do is stand by and watch, no one will help me :( 

They rly need to Ban this! The biggest Problem is that he did it while they are Offline! That’s rly big Griefing

6 hours ago, HoboNation said:

In-siding is kind of the cowards art to warfare, People who do it are usually of weak character IRL, but it is part of the game, just the same as trolling a beach on a lvl 500 mana killing freshly spawned nakeds to make oneself feel powerful is part of the game. Ever see a grown man slap a baby in face to feel like he isnt a weakling, thats what naked killing is like. Ironic part is they do it to feel strong but to everyone around them it just makes them look weak and reveals their fragile egos. Especially when that naked is me and I still knock them out with nothing but a boomerang and some bolas :P the salt must flow ?

Now I disagree  with this statement I've never insided anyone myself but this is reality. ..every  military  organization  in the world uses  these tactics  an to the part on the mana situation  doing daily patrols  is a necessary  evil persay. When alpha if not allied\friends your a potential  enemy that naked could have weapons  of mass destruction  in his pockets lol.  

4 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Now I disagree  with this statement I've never insided anyone myself but this is reality. ..every  military  organization  in the world uses  these tactics  an to the part on the mana situation  doing daily patrols  is a necessary  evil persay. When alpha if not allied\friends your a potential  enemy that naked could have weapons  of mass destruction  in his pockets lol.  

Oh don't get me wrong I am not implying it's not effective. And no this isn't reality, thats kind of the difference, this is a game and so it makes said actions slightly less "heroic" than when they are employed in real life. The stakes in ark are much less lol :P. But if we are equating this to reality, I mean dropping a nuke on someone is hell effective at winning a fight and thus could be called a superior strategy over engaging in a long term war were you only target the enemy side military assets, but there are reasons that despite how effective it is people still frown upon such an approach to warfare and often still choose to engage in the latter. You could wait for someone to turn around and then stab them in the back instead of a man to man brawl, but there is a good reason why most people look upon such kind of behavior as cowardly, effective yes, honorable and brave... Not really. Thats more what I was getting at.

Also an alpha that is so afraid to allow a challenge to there reign that they deem nakeds a threat simply because they "could" become a problem if left to grow well... that kind of is supporting my point now isn't it, once again not saying it isnt effective, just that for a game it's kind of weak and cowardly. But hey thats just my opinion, and I'm not going to say my opinion is right. It is a game and you can play it however you find the most enjoyment, just the same as I am free to develop opinions on the way you may choose to play and you are free to do the same to me. But I hope you arent defending that a mana killing nakeds is a brave and bold decision, because I'm not questioning it's effectiveness at all, just the implications it has on the characters employing such tactics.

Archived