Community Crunch 192: Mod Contest Winners and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

14 hours ago, Sputnicker said:

Arat Prime is not someone, it's a place. Probably it's based on the Noah's Ark history, in which the Ark rested on mount Ararat, Arat Prime probably is a command center on Earth which could start the ark's returning to earth procedure. I would guess the one who said "I'm coming for you!" would be Rockwell, since it's coming from the aberrant ark.
That makes me think the new dlc is canonical and post-extinction, since the countdown is a portal system, and on the end of extinction the player ascends.

Well like i said it's a speculation Arat Prime could be anything but we will not know for sure until the reveal.

1 hour ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

Well like i said it's a speculation Arat Prime could be anything but we will not know for sure until the reveal.

My mind always jumps to an overseer type sentinel being when I hear a name like Arat Prime. Prime means first or best typically when used like that (think Optimus Prime, Metroid Prime) in nomenclature. I have a feeling it’s more an object/entity than a place, just because of how naming schemes typically work. 

I think you made a good point the first time. I do think Rockwell is coming because he didn’t technically die, either time he was defeated. Haven’t seen the yellow text, but there are a total of seven strings of code to decipher now. 

47 minutes ago, nintendogamer7 said:

My mind always jumps to an overseer type sentinel being when I hear a name like Arat Prime. Prime means first or best typically when used like that (think Optimus Prime, Metroid Prime) in nomenclature. I have a feeling it’s more an object/entity than a place, just because of how naming schemes typically work. 

I think you made a good point the first time. I do think Rockwell is coming because he didn’t technically die, either time he was defeated. Haven’t seen the yellow text, but there are a total of seven strings of code to decipher now. 

First of all, Arat Prime is a place. Look extnction explorer notes, Diana 29: "I've already started to feel the tugs pulling me towards Arat Prime." In context, it's obvious that she's reffering to a place that she is aware off (Arat prime existed in her time?). 

Those seven strings are a pain in the ass. 

What I've got (In no particular order):

AP Secure Connection

Command elevation request granted

Processing ...

Verify UI (There's something more here that I haven't deciphered yet)

Edited by VulpineKitsune

2 hours ago, VulpineKitsune said:

First of all, Arat Prime is a place. Look extnction explorer notes, Diana 29: "I've already started to feel the tugs pulling me towards Arat Prime." In context, it's obvious that she's reffering to a place that she is aware off (Arat prime existed in her time?). 

AP Secure Connection

Processing ...

Lol yeah it is a pain in the backside but nice job with the decoding it hope to hear the rest of it from you.

PvP cave meta, I think you should start with the dinos that actually spawn in caves, bats are useless but awesome, maybe let them wear chestpieces or allow us to hang onto their feet and fly us around like Legolas in the Hobbit, secondly, spiders should be able to crawl up walls and ceilings like the rockdrake and thylaco, giving us a way to navigate caves better and snipe from ceilings. I love all the cave insects and dinos, just wish some of them had more uses.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VulpineKitsune said:

AP Secure Connection

Processing ...

Everyone is making that assumption, but even in that light it can be read that Arat Prime is an entity and she is being pulled to where it is located. It could be the main converted “consciousness” or AI running the ARK systems. It could be the leader of those who were left behind but began to fade into their routines instead of the one who actively fought to solve the resurrection problem so Helena (and others) could ascend? into the newest of these entities? 

Or we could both be right. Arat could be the place where the Prime (overseer/AI/converted human consciousness) is located/stored/operated. In the context of how the English language is used (which the developers may not be aware of in creating these notes), there is equal evidence for either of our arguments. Just taking all the information from the various storylines and notes all the way through, I think it is very possible AP is an entity of some sort or at least a routine in the ARK system. However, watch it be both an entity and a place named after the location of said entity. 

I just feel Arat Prime is more a thing than a place, even if that “thing” is just a tool, building (although, a facility is and can be both of our ideas) or computer routine, because of the context of all the note information combined with these encodings. The unnamed entity who solves the resurrection issue... I keep thinking Arat Prime is like his main boss mostly because of human naming schemes. Prime is normally used to denote a person, place, thing, or object rather than a place when used as a proper noun. Although, in sci-fi, Prime is often used in naming schemes for the main planet in a solar system... so Arat Prime could be another planet tied to the ARKs? Maybe a replacement for Earth?

I’m probably thinking too deeply into it, because developers rarely employ such imagination, expertise, attention and effort to the relevant fields for making something as elaborately complex as I’m imagining could be possible. Odds are that you’re right, but I can still hope they might have delved as deeply to develop the lore as I’ve contrived to imagine. I think a case can still be made from the information available to us for supporting my points.

I’ll go back and check the lore again along with what you’ve decoded (great job, by the way! It’s pretty tough because of the ripples to get them all) to see if my idea still retains any possibility or credulity. 

Alright. I've decoded them all from ark.gg/g.

Clockwise. Starting from the code on the pillar at the left of the clock:

AP Secure Connection

Decrypting incoming datastream

Verify UI fingerprint 724EA9458ED4 BN (I'm only 90% sure about this one. It's so extremely blurry.)

Command received: syscheck

AP Secure Connection (It's the first one repeated)

Processing ...

https://imgur.com/gallery/3y2jsIs

Edited by VulpineKitsune

32 minutes ago, VulpineKitsune said:

Verify UI fingerprint 724EA9458ED4 BN (I'm only 90% sure about this one. It's so extremely blurry.)

The finger print is

724EA9458ED40FBF

and it is equivalent at the PGP signature of an email send by Helena Walker

209212161_Decode4.thumb.png.4049e67ff28b0a0ce4b060cb98bf1c86.png

More more more infos over here :

39 minutes ago, Silvaeger said:

what website allows you to decode the tek writing?
and saying tek helmet will not help as im trying to decode the tek writing in the countdown

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Ascension#ARK_Code

It’s all been decoded here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/455283-communications-test-record-427a6f2b/