Alternate Reality Ark.

Countrydude89

Alternate Reality Ark.

I've been having a thought in bouncing around in the back of my mind for awhile now. Have You ever heard of the Multiverse Theory? It basically states that there are infinite amounts of universes out there, each different then our own, with anything being possible. If thats the case, then that means, somewhere, out there, Ark itself is real, and everything we know about it is true. 

Did any of y'all think of something like this? or have i consumed one to many Narcoberrys?

4 hours ago, Countrydude89 said:

Alternate Reality Ark.

I've been having a thought in bouncing around in the back of my mind for awhile now. Have You ever heard of the Multiverse Theory? It basically states that there are infinite amounts of universes out there, each different then our own, with anything being possible. If thats the case, then that means, somewhere, out there, Ark itself is real, and everything we know about it is true. 

Did any of y'all think of something like this? or have i consumed one to many Narcoberrys?

Multiverse isn't exactly a theory, its more a cosmological exercise. The theory you're looking for is called 'Many Worlds Theory' and it has its roots in Quantum Physics, particularly 'Quantum Entanglement'. Quantum Entanglement is fascinating, and there's a lot of exciting work being done around the phenomena. But essentially its a circumstance where a particle of energy (photon) is split into two and the two halves behave as if they are still together (as if one particle still, in two places). In laboratory experiments they have created entangled particles, then physically separated them. After being separated by some considerable distance they can add energy to one particle and it instantly 'teleports' to the other particle. In truth they don't completely understand the exact quantum workings, but it appears as if the two particles share an existence at the quantum level, allowing energy to breaching physical space time of our own existence... OR... that they are the same particle existing in two physical places in our universe. Essentially you have what appears to be the same particle sharing two points in our physical space. Since everything including ourselves and our entire physical universe is made of up of transformed energy, the idea behind 'Many Worlds' is that there could be other versions of our own universe out there. A very far fetched theory, but with some interesting roots at least. 

On this subject, I've often thought that the 'shared storage' of Ark obelisks is based somewhat on quantum mechanics. That is, being able to access your gear from multiple places - same gear just in many places at once.

8 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Multiverse isn't exactly a theory, its more a cosmological exercise. The theory you're looking for is called 'Many Worlds Theory' and it has its roots in Quantum Physics, particularly 'Quantum Entanglement'. Quantum Entanglement is fascinating, and there's a lot of exciting work being done around the phenomena. But essentially its a circumstance where a particle of energy (photon) is split into two and the two halves behave as if they are still together (as if one particle still, in two places). In laboratory experiments they have created entangled particles, then physically separated them. After being separated by some considerable distance they can add energy to one particle and it instantly 'teleports' to the other particle. In truth they don't completely understand the exact quantum workings, but it appears as if the two particles share an existence at the quantum level, allowing energy to breaching physical space time of our own existence... OR... that they are the same particle existing in two physical places in our universe. Essentially you have what appears to be the same particle sharing two points in our physical space. Since everything including ourselves and our entire physical universe is made of up of transformed energy, the idea behind 'Many Worlds' is that there could be other versions of our own universe out there. A very far fetched theory, but with some interesting roots at least. 

On this subject, I've often thought that the 'shared storage' of Ark obelisks is based somewhat on quantum mechanics. That is, being able to access your gear from multiple places - same gear just in many places at once.

Ever think the germs in our bodies are having this exact same discussion while they are splitting our cells painfully in half?

the latest theory is that our 3d reality is a hologram or simulation so basically we are in some powerful video game and quantum mechanics is where realty breaks down which gives us the clue that its all fake

each time the video game is a played a different world is created so this is how u get the multi world universe 

I'd like to think that there's a universe that has a reverse ark situation, where dinos weren't wiped out, evolved to the point of creating video games and they go around killing and taming humans for sport. Would balance things out a bit and make me feel less evil about all the lystros I've murdered in my time playing this game. I mean the scream lystros produce right before death is second only to the sound of an ovis bleating at you as you're murdering it for its mutton. I'm sad now ☹️

On 7/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, DeHammer said:

I'll do you one better!

As far as astrophysicists have been able to tell, our universe may well be infinite in size. However, the portion of it which we can see (the "observable universe") is not, being limited by how far light has had time to travel since the Big Bang (or more precisely, since the universe emerged from the cosmic Dark Ages, but I digress). So, the observable universe is just a subset of the larger universe.

Now, set theory tells us that, for a set of infinite size, any subset of finite size will actually be repeated an infinite number of times. So, our observable "bubble", and with, it, Earth and everyone on it, is actually duplicated over and over again, ad nauseum. Now, consider how many possible "bubbles" might exist where the exact arrangement of matter and energy vary just slightly, and you have an infinite number of Earths where history turned out differently, in ways that vary from subtle to drastic. Earths where the dinosaurs never died out, for example, or where America lost World War II.

But it gets even better! Given a universe of infinite physical size, some scientists speculate that the physical laws may not be 100% uniform across its entire scope, so some areas may have variations on how things like gravity and electromagnetism work. This, together with the ideas in the previous paragraph, may allow for even more radical scenarios for alternate Earths, like ones where people can fly, shoot lasers from their eyes, and lift ocean liners (superheroes, in other words).

All of this, without even bringing in quantum effects like the "Many Worlds Theory"...

15 hours ago, TargetOne said:

As far as astrophysicists have been able to tell, our universe may well be infinite in size....

...Given a universe of infinite physical size, some scientists speculate that the physical laws may not be 100% uniform across its entire scope, so some areas may have variations on how things like gravity and electromagnetism work. This, together with the ideas in the previous paragraph, may allow for even more radical scenarios for alternate Earths, like ones where people can fly, shoot lasers from their eyes, and lift ocean liners (superheroes, in other words).

All of this, without even bringing in quantum effects like the "Many Worlds Theory"...

As far as they are able to tell, it also may not be infinite. There's no actual evidence either way. That's reaching well into cosmology. 

Archived