processing completed COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD 427A6F2B

Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simples: ARK GENESIS

Encontrei explorando o código fonte da página, há um arquivo de áudio e dentro dele quando aberto em texto aparece a mensão "ARK_Genesis_Countdown3_ALTERNATE_V2.wav"

I found exploring the source code of the page, there is an audio file and inside it when opened in text appears the message "ARK_Genesis_Countdown3_ALTERNATE_V2.wav"

13 minutes ago, matheusrp11 said:

Simples: ARK GENESIS

Encontrei explorando o código fonte da página, há um arquivo de áudio e dentro dele quando aberto em texto aparece a mensão "ARK_Genesis_Countdown3_ALTERNATE_V2.wav"

I found exploring the source code of the page, there is an audio file and inside it when opened in text appears the message "ARK_Genesis_Countdown3_ALTERNATE_V2.wav"

In firefox just open the link:  "view-source:https://survivetheark.com/g/Music3.mp3"

I can't seem to find the post now, but in a thread on the r/playark subreddit, a user mentioned that he thought it was odd that this post was pinned, and there was something odd about it, like why repost the same picture that had already been posted? Someone from Wildcard replied that they "might be onto something". I can't seem to find the thread now, but if I do, I'll edit this post to link it.I don't think we should get very hyped given the track record of these sort of ARG-esque things, but it seems like a fun little puzzle to solve. Either that, or it's complete nonsense and its purpose will be gradually revealed without any intervention.

But assuming it is actually a puzzle of some sort: I do notice in the image the text is prominently displayed. We all know by now it says "Init AP Uplink", but there appears to be some sort of text on the other side of the panel, underneath it. Unfortunately, it's too blurry to make anything out. The picture's quality appears to be insanely bad; perhaps some sort of steganography. As for the text itself, people have mentioned the fact that the words OUT and GUESS are visible and bolded. If it is encrypted then it's anyone's guess as to what the cipher is. However, the text itself looks almost like a chat log, with the fact that each line starts with [.

No, it had a Wildcard reply.

However, one of the posters in your thread had a novel idea: they pointed out that the words OUT and GUESS are bolded. OutGuess is apparently a tool, used for extracting steganographic data from images. That poster seems to be trying to get something out of the text, but if anything it would be hidden in the image. That would explain why the image is attached.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:51 AM, Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY said:

427A6F2B

ok so with help of my ratbags and reddit user mauve-midnight we have more teases and clues 
OUT & GUESS led us to the tool outguess. We used the 32-bit version of cygwin and made sure to have it install outguess And the key to decode from the image was AP
this is what came back
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA256
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Start sublayer encrypted communications test.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Verify receipt.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Confirm full fingerprint ID of 724EA9458ED40FBF in user profile.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2 iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJdPUtAAAoJEHJOqUWO1A+/gJQP/0t6bbn7ECOybQn2YWO7TVVN gfcgSQvfBp+Zxp+efdwQe9mK6MHalrFQIbpazdJYA6vnDx99Il86WvVbjOoQZxEw DdVfesW4fboqqX0rMB+zUo+aIll4ekfCHcEyC2/YCAaYP/5cjFmFa7hx/VsBwrNs DxRrg9vjTkiC6LcW3sCuP1YX5jKQXQLa4i2nmDCzx101F7GdGZ8jFHWvsrPx98rk isGrEzBk42ygN75/YFjnKq+q5D4L4AEkf9s6MRTR/0NTJ8QREOoWroAsvo+J+JsK Ta9gb1hRbeT2MRr47OoG7rB9yfV1DDPsu1Hj8CrFYti4Yl+qIxSXF3Reiob+nzwD 2zo5VT/QAwN8yMtcRJrgWsb2BtPDV/QaRq8K7YjVIQ3VXw8/4f88u2OxbmDXLr6H jjKNx4f6aUUra8xMFi7btWrQCDf0QcuFklJsFMiAOgmEZOSo5dDVy2ah8nA5mWma ftfpbj956KRchJ3gOnX4M2IPp4c3Y0as4c9q4jVtFBxsgisCaEphn71AOK3QnUKE b57N21fvKbzkFofmnMLzdtEMAKvW+iD/bDGxxMmruIl2DWXQqsltp13A2VowFrhe cAZW/c+9HlSRsBHJYJJx5ejkSGDAs0FS2pa/8P40YkD/ZYSmaQTCEG+cPxwFuFd+ wuyYJHzkM05VFgWwDIHq =2DQu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
not sure yet what next???

Nice find! Could you format that a bit better though? I'm not sure what part of that is the decrypted text. I couldn't try outguess myself because I can't figure out where to get it.

However, are you sure the decryption key is AP? Is that what was hidden in the steganographic data in the image? There's a single bolded "s" in between the OUT and GUESS in the text blob.

I would add to the thread on Reddit, but I don't have a Reddit account. Original thread by mauve is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/cjzrkc/weve_found_something_more_in_the_mysterious_post/

After consulting the Reddit thread I understand what the message part is from your post, Jam. If the intent of the text blob in the original message is to look like a "scrambled" version of a message, then the following, which appears to be the message body:

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Start sublayer encrypted communications test.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Verify receipt.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Confirm full fingerprint ID of 724EA9458ED40FBF in user profile.

looks very much like a non-scrambled version of this:

[LXG_2qANfeIT] HtafP... suboa^;
[ cyq-ut..OUT> tes2\ $hU6pte
[At:_R;C'1V˟] Alk...S1d7Nd  <GUESS..jbeGV cb(...9bF7oLs ]e(Uz
[XOG_xRGNS:Ip* Enl s5mlaJ?r e^c...tНd Go"V ]us:9

Out of curiosity, does using "s" as the key give anything? It's one of the characters that is bolded in the original text blob. *EDIT* Also, "b" is italicized, as is the F7 on the third line.

I'm apparently at my post limit for the day, so I won't be posting much more.

*Double Edit*

Since the forums apparently have some sort of daily post limit and mine is very low, I can't reply to share my findings. Update in the thread; if you look at the message, it says to confirm full fingerprint ID in user profile. Well, ironically while trying to figure out how to send private messages to overcome the posting limit, I took a look at my "Edit Profile" options. At the bottom there was a strange option that said "terminal uplink". On a lark, I put in first the fingerprint ID from the message, then the actual primary key ID that alex found. Nothing seemed to happen at first, but then all non-custom avatars on the site including my own turned into the same as the original poster, and a little while later, the message popped in.

1 hour ago, jammyjade said:

Version: GnuPG v2 iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJdPUtAAAoJEHJOqUWO1A+/gJQP/0t6bbn7ECOybQn2YWO7TVVN gfcgSQvfBp+Zxp+efdwQe9mK6MHalrFQIbpazdJYA6vnDx99Il86WvVbjOoQZxEw DdVfesW4fboqqX0rMB+zUo+aIll4ekfCHcEyC2/YCAaYP/5cjFmFa7hx/VsBwrNs DxRrg9vjTkiC6LcW3sCuP1YX5jKQXQLa4i2nmDCzx101F7GdGZ8jFHWvsrPx98rk isGrEzBk42ygN75/YFjnKq+q5D4L4AEkf9s6MRTR/0NTJ8QREOoWroAsvo+J+JsK Ta9gb1hRbeT2MRr47OoG7rB9yfV1DDPsu1Hj8CrFYti4Yl+qIxSXF3Reiob+nzwD 2zo5VT/QAwN8yMtcRJrgWsb2BtPDV/QaRq8K7YjVIQ3VXw8/4f88u2OxbmDXLr6H jjKNx4f6aUUra8xMFi7btWrQCDf0QcuFklJsFMiAOgmEZOSo5dDVy2ah8nA5mWma ftfpbj956KRchJ3gOnX4M2IPp4c3Y0as4c9q4jVtFBxsgisCaEphn71AOK3QnUKE b57N21fvKbzkFofmnMLzdtEMAKvW+iD/bDGxxMmruIl2DWXQqsltp13A2VowFrhe cAZW/c+9HlSRsBHJYJJx5ejkSGDAs0FS2pa/8P40YkD/ZYSmaQTCEG+cPxwFuFd+ wuyYJHzkM05VFgWwDIHq =2DQu

iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJdPUtAAAoJEHJOqUWO1A+/gJQP/0t6bbn7ECOybQn2YWO7TVVN gfcgSQvfBp+Zxp+efdwQe9mK6MHalrFQIbpazdJYA6vnDx99Il86WvVbjOoQZxEw DdVfesW4fboqqX0rMB+zUo+aIll4ekfCHcEyC2/YCAaYP/5cjFmFa7hx/VsBwrNs DxRrg9vjTkiC6LcW3sCuP1YX5jKQXQLa4i2nmDCzx101F7GdGZ8jFHWvsrPx98rk isGrEzBk42ygN75/YFjnKq+q5D4L4AEkf9s6MRTR/0NTJ8QREOoWroAsvo+J+JsK Ta9gb1hRbeT2MRr47OoG7rB9yfV1DDPsu1Hj8CrFYti4Yl+qIxSXF3Reiob+nzwD 2zo5VT/QAwN8yMtcRJrgWsb2BtPDV/QaRq8K7YjVIQ3VXw8/4f88u2OxbmDXLr6H jjKNx4f6aUUra8xMFi7btWrQCDf0QcuFklJsFMiAOgmEZOSo5dDVy2ah8nA5mWma ftfpbj956KRchJ3gOnX4M2IPp4c3Y0as4c9q4jVtFBxsgisCaEphn71AOK3QnUKE b57N21fvKbzkFofmnMLzdtEMAKvW+iD/bDGxxMmruIl2DWXQqsltp13A2VowFrhe cAZW/c+9HlSRsBHJYJJx5ejkSGDAs0FS2pa/8P40YkD/ZYSmaQTCEG+cPxwFuFd+ wuyYJHzkM05VFgWwDIHq =2DQu

Every WSAD in order incuding version:GnuPG v2 and not including it

Mabye somebody can use the Decoder

Including

SAAAdAAAWAW

SdwaadADWw

DdsWaAaasws

DWsaDdWs

sDAsWAss

aDDsSwD

AwWsDawD

aaWDsASdDaAWa

asssaA