processing completed COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD 427A6F2B

Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

The red globe may be the damaged/nonfunctional moon (hence the red often used in computer displays to signify damage/danger/etc) as it has a debris field and large chunks of debris orbiting it. 

The ARKs landing back to the surface would explain the shield dropping. The other OK statuses probably represent system security  or sectors. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nintendogamer7 said:

@arkark @Ayzix

Do we know if the integrity one is C2 L or C2 i? And what could it stand for?

Isn’t there a letter or two after system idle and directive runtimes? They are in a form of scientific notation but without a specified unit of measurement we can’t determine the exact time amounts.  

What is Previo? Image editing/enhancing to decode the blurry parts?

Previo is the first of the last message, "Previous Directive Result: Fail". Is the message near the red glowing thing.

There is no letter, I just re-checked the Privous DIrective Runtime last part of message and it ends with: e+52. I assume the measure unit is seconds.

Dont know what C2I stands for.

7 minutes ago, arkark said:

Previo is the first of the last message, "Previous Directive Result: Fail". Is the message near the red glowing thing.

There is no letter, I just re-checked the Privous DIrective Runtime last part of message and it ends with: e+52. I assume the measure unit is seconds.

Previous Directive Runtime 6.0485183048e+52 Tp
System Idle Time: 1.08159553106e+5 Tp

What does Tp mean?

20 minutes ago, Ayzix said:

What does Tp mean?

Maybe tp stands for Planck Time (tP)Presumed to be the shortest theoretically measurable time interval (but not necessarily the shortest increment of time - see quantum gravity)

Just guessing.

15 minutes ago, arkark said:

was wondering what c2I is too... found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_and_control

24 minutes ago, arkark said:

Ok I was omiting the tp part. Idk what Tp means.

Maybe tp stands for Plank Time (tP)Presumed to be the shortest theoretically measurable time interval (but not necessarily the shortest increment of time - see quantum gravity)

Just guessing.

2 characters are missing, message is not complete

3qHV5tT.jpg

0-0.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ayzix said:

What does Tp mean?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_time

This is what Tp means most likely, considering we are dealing with E52 lmao. So the previous directive runtime is like 2500 years.

Also came to this conclusion without seeing arkark's post, so I guess this might be the correct answer.

That's what we have at the moment

AP Secure Connection
ComSec: OK
OpSec: OK
PhysSec: OK
Power Core: OK
C2I Integrity: 89%
Specimen Viability: 52%
AP Secure Connection
System Idle Time: 1.08159553106e+52 Tp  (AW??)
Previous Directive Result: Fail

C2I - Command, Control & Intelligence / Command, Control & Information
AP - Arat Prime
Tp - Plank time (tp)

1 hour ago, arkark said:

Ahhh, gotcha. Thank you. I’m going to assume years instead of seconds since the one with +5 would calculate to a very short time in seconds. 

E notation doesn’t normally include plus signs so I’m not entirely sure if it means addition or that it’s a positive power 10 is being raised by (normally on the negative is signified with a symbol). In that case, before failure the previous directive ran for... get ready for this... 60,485,183,048,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 units (60 sexdecillion 485 quindecillion 183 quattuordecillion 48 tredecillion years), although I suspect that maybe, just maybe, it isn’t supposed to be to the power of 52 but instead 5 (604851.83048 units or 604,851 years, 303 days, 3 hours, 17 seconds, and 280 milliseconds).

The system has been idle for 108,159.553106 units (108,159 years, 201 days, 21 hours, 12 minutes, 30 seconds and 816 milliseconds). 

I think C2I may refer to Command, Control and Intelligence integrity being at 89%.

I'm no tech wizard or genius like the rest of y'all but I do know ARKs lore inside and out. I've read through every explorer note and every bit we can get out of the game and compiled it into four parts, but only Extinction's is truly relevant here: 

TL;DR- Element came to Earth from space (likely on an asteroid) and the Sanctuary City in Extinction was founded on top of that vein (or one of to be more precise indicating more of a meteor shower.) Santiago stated that Element based technology (TEK) emits small pieces of Element back into the air like pollen to grow and spread, but for Element to have consumed Earth as much as it has, would require a hundred years of TEK-based warfare. Element is alive and corrupts living creatures or creates them (Titans) to be its proxies. Much like the Ascended on the ARKS, Element cannot directly intervene. 

We don't know what caused Earth's Extinction, but we do know at some point the Sanctuary came under siege and locked up tight. Arat Prime, a testing facility on the other side of Earth, had gone silent. Shortly thereafter the ARKs launched into space: their goal to create new life and then land and cleanse the Element corruption. They malfunctioned and stayed in orbit for millenia, as the Titans kept the Element toxicity too high for the ARKS to land. Only after the player defeats the Alpha King Titan can the ARKS come home. 

Also, the biggest point of debate: Helena is She Who Waits. But to the Ascended time and space are beneath them. Read the Extinction Chronicles notes and you'll see. Helena Ascended and tasked Mei Yin and Diana with saving the world. She guides the player to defeat the Element and return the ARKS to Earth.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

49 minutes ago, aStonedLlama said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_time

This is what Tp means most likely, considering we are dealing with E52 lmao. So the previous directive runtime is like 2500 years.

Also came to this conclusion without seeing arkark's post, so I guess this might be the correct answer.

Measuring in Planck time makes no sense whatsoever as it’s the measure of the distance light travels in a vacuum on incredibly small scales... and we measure time much more practically, even within computerized systems. Additionally, the point of e notation is that there are no superscripts otherwise they would have used scientific notation. You can’t assume it’s a t with subscript p to make Planck time if they didn’t use superscripts for the other notation. It’s more likely to mean time periods or something more practical for a future survivor to understand. Planck time makes even less sense when the in game lore hints at the system’s operation extending back much farther than 2500 years...

ADDITIONALLY, do not forget that the Tek era was far ahead of our own current time and with that advanced technology and knowledge base the Tek era humans probably devised new systems for all units of measurement. “Tp” is most likely one of these newer units of measurement from their advanced society. 

I think the 604 thousand and 108 thousand year time frames match up more with the game’s lore. The countless survivors before Diana who couldn’t be saved and the countless who could be afterwards. The One Who Watches and Waits gives the image of a much longer time frame than 2500 years before Diana’s resurrection. An element totally infecting the Earth would take much longer than that anyway. Plus, there’s quite a large amount of time between Diana’s resurrection and our arrival on Earth in Extinction. The condition of the Island and Scorched Earth containing only the smallest shreds of evidence from Helena’s time there point even more towards a longer time frame. Rockwell’s Manor is almost totally nonexistent which wouldn’t happen in only 2500 years. 

21 minutes ago, RedStorm8616 said:

I'm no tech wizard or genius like the rest of y'all but I do know ARKs lore inside and out. I've read through every explorer note and every bit we can get out of the game and compiled it into four parts, but only Extinction's is truly relevant here: 

TL;DR- Element came to Earth from space (likely on an asteroid) and the Sanctuary City in Extinction was founded on top of that vein (or one of to be more precise indicating more of a meteor shower.) Santiago stated that Element based technology (TEK) emits small pieces of Element back into the air like pollen to grow and spread, but for Element to have consumed Earth as much as it has, would require a hundred years of TEK-based warfare. Element is alive and corrupts living creatures or creates them (Titans) to be its proxies. Much like the Ascended on the ARKS, Element cannot directly intervene. 

We don't know what caused Earth's Extinction, but we do know at some point the Sanctuary came under siege and locked up tight. Arat Prime, a testing facility on the other side of Earth, had gone silent. Shortly thereafter the ARKs launched into space: their goal to create new life and then land and cleanse the Element corruption. They malfunctioned and stayed in orbit for millenia, as the Titans kept the Element toxicity too high for the ARKS to land. Only after the player defeats the Alpha King Titan can the ARKS come home. 

Also, the biggest point of debate: Helena is She Who Waits. But to the Ascended time and space are beneath them. Read the Extinction Chronicles notes and you'll see. Helena Ascended and tasked Mei Yin and Diana with saving the world. She guides the player to defeat the Element and return the ARKS to Earth.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Wasn’t it the use of unstable element that lead to those problems? Because the ARKs are made from a stable non corrupting form of element, as is much of the city in Extinction. Tek is made from element which would lead to the corruption of all ARKs eventually if all element behaves how you describe. I think it is just one form of element, it’s raw unstabilized form, that corrupts. Humanity’s reliance on it probably led to shortcuts in processing or just total lack of concern to stabilize it before using it in production (as we see happens today and has in our history). And you can’t just take only Extinction’s lore into account. It is all connected so you have to consider it all, as even on the Island element was studied (obelisks, too, are made of it).

This creates a paradox... because the One Who Waits has been trying to solve respawning for ages and Diana was their first success. Helena’s ascension would have had to transport her back in time many millennia for this to be the case... they may exist outside of the restraints of time now, but that doesn’t mean they can control or manipulate time. However, if the system is keeping track of time, the One Who Waits would be able to still conform to its practicality when dealing with the survivors still bound by it. 

Rather Helena’s transcendence was the key to solving the respawn puzzle for it and allowed the One Who Waits to pass the mantle of trying to fix the broken system and the preparing for its successors on to Helena and itself waiting to be a guide for us towards the path she has been forging. Furthermore, Helena and the One Who Waits speak in vastly different schemes as can be seen from the email messages with Helena and her own journaling styles. 

@nintendogamer7 I genuinely don't get your point about +5. There is no addition in e notation. It just means a power. And in this case the power is signed, which is not abnormal at all. 

And your point about superscripts not being used. It is not possible for them to be used in Thai puzzle. The codes that we decrypted are base 4 numbers representing basic ascii characters, and superscripts are not included in ascii. It is a logical workaround to use E notation in place of superscripts for large numbers, and to use an uppercase T and a lowercase p to denote a common representation of the Planck time unit (tP)

Additionally, under the pretense that C2I does mean command, control, and intelligence, it is illogical to say that it is not practical to measure in Planck times. The Planck Time unit is a universal constant that is derived directly from the physical laws of the universe, and nothing else. C2l is term coined by the US Military, which is something much less objective of a meausrement.

A few people have also agreed that the message does indeed read e+52, so it's likely that whatever the unit is, it is very, very, very small, since 10e52 seconds is many many many magnitudes longer than the universe has existed this far. One of the few measurements that is small enough to actually give is realistic numbers when multiplied with e52, just happens to have the same exact denotation as we saw in this puzzle, so I think beyond a reasonable doubt we can agree that To does indeed represent Planck Time.

28 minutes ago, nintendogamer7 said:

Wasn’t it the use of unstable element that lead to those problems? Because the ARKs are made from a stable non corrupting form of element, as is much of the city in Extinction. Tek is made from element which would lead to the corruption of all ARKs eventually if all element behaves how you describe. I think it is just one form of element, it’s raw unstabilized form, that corrupts. Humanity’s reliance on it probably led to shortcuts in processing or just total lack of concern to stabilize it before using it in production (as we see happens today and has in our history). And you can’t just take only Extinction’s lore into account. It is all connected so you have to consider it all, as even on the Island element was studied (obelisks, too, are made of it).

This creates a paradox... because the One Who Waits has been trying to solve respawning for ages and Diana was their first success. Helena’s ascension would have had to transport her back in time many millennia for this to be the case... they may exist outside of the restraints of time now, but that doesn’t mean they can control or manipulate time. However, if the system is keeping track of time, the One Who Waits would be able to still conform to its practicality when dealing with the survivors still bound by it. 

Rather Helena’s transcendence was the key to solving the respawn puzzle for it and allowed the One Who Waits to pass the mantle of trying to fix the broken system and the preparing for its successors on to Helena and itself waiting to be a guide for us towards the path she has been forging. Furthermore, Helena and the One Who Waits speak in vastly different schemes as can be seen from the email messages with Helena and her own journaling styles. 

Okay, so the Element thing confuses me too, but I agree with you on its devolution which lead to Extinction. I have a theory there is good corruption (blue) and bad corruption (purple) and that processed element is stable while unprocessed is wild and alive - but I don't really have any evidence to back this up except a few instances on Aberration (charge and nameless/bio zone vs radiation zone) so I don't really mention it. 

As far as Diana's resurrection, that was a mad grasping by She Who Waits (SWW) and she explains that afterwards she tried for a very long time before she got it right. So Diana's resurrection was just good luck while our respawning is dedication. As far as their different dialects, that's explained as well - when you Ascend, you become a part of the system, you can see everything all at once. Helena explains it as a tingling sensation (I may be misquoting) but also states that over time it erodes the mind until it is gone. This is what happened to the original Ascended and what is happening to her. 

This is all explained in much more detail in the last part of my summary "They Who Try Again" if you want to give that a quick once over. 

11 minutes ago, aStonedLlama said:

@nintendogamer7 I genuinely don't get your point about +5. There is no addition in e notation. It just means a power. And in this case the power is signed, which is not abnormal at all. 

And your point about superscripts not being used. It is not possible for them to be used in Thai puzzle. The codes that we decrypted are base 4 numbers representing basic ascii characters, and superscripts are not included in ascii. It is a logical workaround to use E notation in place of superscripts for large numbers, and to use an uppercase T and a lowercase p to denote a common representation of the Planck time unit (tP)

Additionally, under the pretense that C2I does mean command, control, and intelligence, it is illogical to say that it is not practical to measure in Planck times. The Planck Time unit is a universal constant that is derived directly from the physical laws of the universe, and nothing else. C2l is term coined by the US Military, which is something much less objective of a meausrement.

A few people have also agreed that the message does indeed read e+52, so it's likely that whatever the unit is, it is very, very, very small, since 10e52 seconds is many many many magnitudes longer than the universe has existed this far. One of the few measurements that is small enough to actually give is realistic numbers when multiplied with e52, just happens to have the same exact denotation as we saw in this puzzle, so I think beyond a reasonable doubt we can agree that To does indeed represent Planck Time.

That’s what I was saying. There’s no addition in e notation so it would have to mean a positive power, which is rarely written in e notation. You usually only denote negative powers by sign in scientific and e notations. 

I can see that, and it makes more sense now. I’m not super familiar with the limitations of ASCII or much of its use. 

Actually, there would be no connection between what C2I means and the practicality of Planck time. C2I are common themes/cores when building infrastructures so I’d say they are fairly objective as the concepts are much older than our military. The abbreviation is the only thing new. My doubts about Planck time sprung from thinking that many people wouldn’t know what it was and it’s obscurity to most might mean the devs weren’t specifically using it and were instead incorporating and in-universe terminology possibly from the Tek level humans on Earth, since sci-fi has a tendency to do that quite often. 

They did not reach those agreements until after I had written and done all the math lol as everyone originally had it being only +5 except for arkark on the one of theirs. And since they responded the quickest I only had that info to go on while typing. Which is why I explicitly asked about letters following. At the time I wrote that, it was 50/50 but only one person had answered so I went with their 50, as they’d been pretty reliable so far in the thread. I still think hundreds of thousands of years fits more into the lore than 2500. 

One thing still with Planck time is just actually calculating things out for the actual values would take a lot of work since it isn’t included in most calculators and converters. Although, funnily enough Planck time is what my mind jumped to when first seeing Tp. However, the negative and positive powers would reduce to a more manageable figure. This leaves only one huge thing. Laws on the quantum level don’t directly translate smalls into laws on the macro level... particle behaviors are based on probability whereas large body behaviors are based on predictability, relativity. And we know that relativity and quantum mechanics often times struggle to mesh with each other. Wouldn’t it be more practical to just use a time scheme that works on the level in which we currently exist? 

I’m tired and was probably thinking way too deeply into it. It just is weird to pull from quantum sources for large objects which are normally governed by relativity, since a firm TOE has not be established yet as far as I know.

26 minutes ago, RedStorm8616 said:

Okay, so the Element thing confuses me too, but I agree with you on its devolution which lead to Extinction. I have a theory there is good corruption (blue) and bad corruption (purple) and that processed element is stable while unprocessed is wild and alive - but I don't really have any evidence to back this up except a few instances on Aberration (charge and nameless/bio zone vs radiation zone) so I don't really mention it. 

As far as Diana's resurrection, that was a mad grasping by She Who Waits (SWW) and she explains that afterwards she tried for a very long time before she got it right. So Diana's resurrection was just good luck while our respawning is dedication. As far as their different dialects, that's explained as well - when you Ascend, you become a part of the system, you can see everything all at once. Helena explains it as a tingling sensation (I may be misquoting) but also states that over time it erodes the mind until it is gone. This is what happened to the original Ascended and what is happening to her. 

This is all explained in much more detail in the last part of my summary "They Who Try Again" if you want to give that a quick once over. 

Something that may further your element theory is that some of the Extinction creatures seem to sport blue element mutations from exposure to stable element specifically within the “safe zones” on Earth (owls, managamrs, gasbags, velds, etc.). I believe those instances on Aberration are also part of this and were meant to be a beginning foundation for this conclusion, although individual nature may also play a role in element’s influence over an entity (see Rockwell vs Helena in their differing experiences). Pure stabilized element versus corrupt feral element. 

That’s my big problem with your thread... I could swear when I first read the Extinction lore it was The One Who Watches and Waits, not “She.” I’m not sure when that change occurred. Diana’s resurrection was a little luck but it had been close before Helena’s transcendence. I don’t think she could’ve come to terms so fast and mastered so quickly her new environment, even with luck, to target so specific a resurrection so quickly, without any force having been involved since Diana’s death like months earlier. I have thought since I read the original One Who Waits that it found a special link and was able to preserve Diana long enough to achieve success after leading Helena to the Tomb. And that seeing her transcend flipped the switch. Plus, she wouldn’t have had knowledge of all the originals like the first One Who Waits did. And weren’t there trials before the first resurrection? Maybe the transference of her consciousness leaving behind fresh living and healthy tissue allowed for the molecular repurposing of Helena’s old shell into Diana’s new body. Making Helena’s transcendence the key that unlocked respawning. This would give her grounds to improve on and build from the One’s ages of work. 

Ascending wouldn’t remove who you are at your core though, regardless of access and knowledge gained, otherwise Helena would instantly mesh with the flawed system loop instead of working to solve the problem. Your consciousness wouldn’t be altered at the core, merely enhanced. But it would still take an adjustment period, otherwise the risk of insanity becomes a huge issue. I think you ENTER the system, not become a part of it. The system is flawed, to become apart of it would only further reinforce its flaws. She’d have to maintain her individual self to fight against the flawed logic the system had fallen into from the dementia of minds of ages past. 

I don’t know, it seems the original lore was changed then. And in the course asking for some further huge suspensions of disbelief knowing how the human mind works. I preferred the original track, as the classifying Helena as the One just has too many holes and lacks some good sense about very definite lore. I mean, if you don’t think about it, I guess it could make sense to most people. Maybe the resurrection happened because of Helena merging the pure stable element? with her implant? I’m tired lol. 

• Chris unpinned this topic

Archived