processing completed COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD 427A6F2B

Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

26 minutes ago, EmkioA said:

The red ball look like the moon!  It look like the exploded moon from Extinction. at some point in the video we dont see the ball, but just the exploded parts...  Are we going to have an explanaition of this events?

b5df7ae4aa0a7c61470d64131393adb9-full.jp
c76e8189d276a3854aae31f636556449-full.jp
It looks like the moon, but it’s not damaged... I have a different theory, perhaps the AI responsible for the Arat Prime protocol is located on the moon. As I wrote earlier, when flicker on the Moon ceases, then the barrier at the Earth disappears...

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ayzix said:

It looks like the moon, but it’s not damaged... I have a different theory, perhaps the AI responsible for the Arat Prime protocol is located on the moon. As I wrote earlier, when flicker on the Moon ceases, then the barrier at the Earth disappears...

can you use a more reliable site to upload images like imgur? none of your images work right.

8 minutes ago, Ayzix said:

Wouldn't that mean that the AI on the moon is destroyed?

What i've gathered from all of this is that it looks like that Helena is trying to give us the ability to go to Arat Prime and not get killed, since we can't leave Extinction normally. The countdown looks like it shows the systems process, at first it connected to Arat Prime (Init AP Uplink) then it asked for a fingerprint which is now done. It processed everything and now after that it's checking if everything is OK.

2 hours ago, wardem0n said:

I’m guessing we’ll get new info relating to more puzzle things.  Seems like every 2 days arkjesse on Twitter is dropping new stuff relating to it and today would be the 2nd day from the last tweet.

Most of the activity involving anything related to the countdown in the last few days has been posted here not via Jesse on Twitter. You are right in that the countdown site does seem to update every two days. However, this latest update came about 13 hours before the 6th day mark, so they aren't necessarily releasing new teasers on the hour. With that being said, we may or may not get any new material for another two days. Not related to the countdown site, anyway. We could get more code or messages via that e-mail address, though. It's hard to tell.

I just want to slide this into the whole Helena Walker debate, What if The One who Waits was the original Helena Walker before the Ark's launched, she was elected to the Homo Deus program for whatever reason and ascended. The Helena Walker we know is a clone of the original Helena Walker, the clone ran around on the arks and was able to experience regular humanity once again, companionship, awe, depression, loss, grief, gratitude, etc. On extinction when she finds a special white artifact and inserts it into her implant and she's taken to the tomb of ascension, what if Old Homo deus helena and the clone merge, resurrecting her identity by merging her base humanity  to her ascended form once more? Sort of like a fountain of youth effect. At that point Homo Deus helena re-awakens as a being with intellect, memories of the old Helena, Memories of the new, one who has lived in both past and present, memories that aren't very well sorted and so she can't remember if it's 2008 or 2008+x amount of years that have gone by?

This would both allow her to have knowledge and participation of the ark program at its inception, as well as to have a personal relationship with Mei and Diana, and Rockwell.

Hey Guys, I just found this thread but have been following the text in the countdown for a few days... I just had a couple observations to answer some questions that were posed a few days ago.

1. The `Hash: sha256` is a required part of the PGP signature. It is only there to tell you what algorithm was used to hash the contents to create the signature so you can reproduce it and verify the signature is correct. (btw did anyone verify that the signature is valid for the contents it was sent with?)
  2. If you read all the Explorer notes it is pretty obvious that Helena is The One Who Waits. It also says that Diana's respawn was a fluke borne out of desperation because death was closing in on Mei Yin and Diana could not bear it so when her thoughts brushed against one who could help (Diana) " My thoughts grasped her thread and tugged. Without knowing how, I pulled her back into the world for a second chance, and death lost its first tooth. " and then in the next note she talks about how she kept experimenting with all the subjects in orbit and " So I tested. Endlessly, I tested. So many trials, so many failures, but out of them rose another success. Then an entire generation of them. Then at last, you. " Also " But it's not free. Each time you return from death's clutches, there's a toll. Not for you - for the System. It takes resources, and resources can't be created, only converted. 
    You see those islands in the sky are seeds, and when they fall, they'll need what's left of the System's energy to bloom. So when the barren garden is fully revived, you'll lose the ability to revive yourself.
    "
  3. The 2 balls in the image...
    1. The blue one looks like the grid of ARKs that we see in the cut scenes after ascension both times
    2. The Red one to me looks like a status of Earth, which would fit with the message that is beside it.
  4. The C2I is correct (as a capital i) as far as I can tell, and most likely refers to Command and Control Infrastructure based on the context of the message.

I'll keep an eye on the countdown throughout the day and would be happy to help decode if it changes.

@JasonTheCTM Helena doesn't have knowledge of things before the System, she only has access to the information that is currently in the System. There are several explorer notes from The One Who Waits that make it pretty clear that it is a very new experience (in terms of millennia) and that she (Helena) is only still able to communicate with us because she wasn't a part of the Homo Deus before she ascended in the forest cave.

Also... I'm not convinced that the voice at the end is Rockwell. The One Who Waits pretty clearly says we killed him...
At least death is a natural end. They didn't suffer when they found the void. Not like him, he who thought down was up and descended a ladder into madness. I could see him in those depths, that twisted place where torment and euphoria are reversed.
He brought that fate upon himself, but even so, I'm glad you put it to an end. Thank you.
 "

But she also says " I'm neither omniscient nor omnipotent.  " So maybe there is something she doesn't know that would allow Rockwell to come back...

1 minute ago, DustyP said:

Also... I'm not convinced that the voice at the end is Rockwell. The One Who Waits pretty clearly says we killed him...
At least death is a natural end. They didn't suffer when they found the void. Not like him, he who thought down was up and descended a ladder into madness. I could see him in those depths, that twisted place where torment and euphoria are reversed.
He brought that fate upon himself, but even so, I'm glad you put it to an end. Thank you.
 "

But she also says " I'm neither omniscient nor omnipotent.  " So maybe there is something she doesn't know that would allow Rockwell to come back...

Rockwell became part of the "System" but took partial control of it, Aberration is still carrying out the Ark program but on his terms for his own rules. As a "boss" of the Ark, Rockwell is now tied to Ascension and so will be resurrected as many times as need be as mandated by the Ark's programming, one of the things Rockwell can't alter (yet). If Aberration crashing didn't Obliterate the computer systems inside, it would've resurrected him yet again. And then there's always a chance the sentient Element could've resurrected him by itself since it needs a new "king titan" after the defeat of it's primary champion.

6 minutes ago, JasonTheCTM said:

Rockwell became part of the "System" but took partial control of it, Aberration is still carrying out the Ark program but on his terms for his own rules. As a "boss" of the Ark, Rockwell is now tied to Ascension and so will be resurrected as many times as need be as mandated by the Ark's programming, one of the things Rockwell can't alter (yet). If Aberration crashing didn't Obliterate the computer systems inside, it would've resurrected him yet again. And then there's always a chance the sentient Element could've resurrected him by itself since it needs a new "king titan" after the defeat of it's primary champion.

I disagree. There isn't anything in the explorer notes about the overseers resurrecting (a flaw in the lore as far as I am concerned). When Diana and crew defeated the overseer of Aberration it did not come back. But I'm not sure if any of this applies to the current challenge...

5 minutes ago, DustyP said:

I disagree. There isn't anything in the explorer notes about the overseers resurrecting (a flaw in the lore as far as I am concerned). When Diana and crew defeated the overseer of Aberration it did not come back. But I'm not sure if any of this applies to the current challenge...

That wasn't a simple defeat though, the force of the tek nuke annihilated the entire control tower. Even if the overseer did come back, its command center has been decapitated from the rest of the Ark, rendering it useless. In addition if you look at the top of the tower, you can't even see the overseer's command center, like it jettisoned or blew itself to bits.

As for boss respawning mechanics, Scorched Earth. Helena talks about how Raia had the keys to leave the ark from defeating the manticore in times prior, and the chief of the raiders Rockwell was with slayed it during their stay as well.

7 hours ago, CJ62 said:

i have no more text masseges to add then i can only edit this   

nintendogamer7

shield is in red circle because this macine can be like TEK SHIELD GENERATOR but you cant see anything from inside and can't get out of this bubble

Ahhh, okay I understand what you’re saying now. Gotcha. 

7 hours ago, LordKelbor said:

Ah ok, I must admit I don't know near the lore as many of you folks.  Wasn't trying to head the wrong direction, just want to state things I see and similarities to a lot of scifi stuff I've read and watched.  The other part of that, that I did not post last night was that it seems like we are inside of a machine looking out.  Kind of what I'd imagine it'd look like if we were inside of a tek sleeping pod, the readings seem backwards like you're looking at your monitor/screen from the other side of it.  The 'vital stats' as well as what I perceive as a wave file being played, are going in reverse as to what I would expect.  These things in my experience travel from the right side to the left.

ETA: Could ascension to a higher plane of existence be assisted via teknology?

No worries, man. I hope I didn’t come off as being harsh or anything. You have to remember we all have implants in our arms linking us to the system, which is constantly monitoring us (hence the implants status changes as we defeat bosses and such). The readings might also seem backwards because I believe our point of view on that page is from the inside of a sphere and that data is displayed in a sphere facing outwards (you see this better if you switch to flat view within the page). I don’t think it has any significance, though, in relation to anything or than maybe hinting at Helena’s current/most recent efforts within the system. 

I think ultimate ascendancy is just your consciousness being uploaded to the system.

4 hours ago, SpinoDestroyer13 said:

What do you mean by 'this puzzle'? If the whole thing, then definitely not! The last thing she emailed said something along the lines of 'stay posted, will send another email soon'. Also, I agree with you (nintendogamer7) about the helena-TOWW thing

I think there is more, but it’s centered on the standby component of the email as you mentioned. 

Everybody wants it to be Helena because it’s easy, takes less thought, and is less depressing. However, it makes more sense that it’s a separate entity because her mind would never interface with the system quickly enough to do the things that happened immediately after her transcendence. She wasn’t a superhero, just a regular scientist with no prior computer interfacing experience. 

2 hours ago, EmkioA said:

The red ball look like the moon!  It look like the exploded moon from Extinction. at some point in the video we dont see the ball, but just the exploded parts...  Are we going to have an explanaition of this events?

I agree, but as someone recently said it could be Earth after its failed state scaled down. 

1 hour ago, Ayzix said:

Your images aren’t appearing for us. It looks like a damaged celestial body when the red is present. It actively shows a debris field cloud and large chunks of debris. But it could also be a scaled image of Earth when the initial directive failed as someone has recently mentioned. 

15 minutes ago, JasonTheCTM said:

I just want to slide this into the whole Helena Walker debate, What if The One who Waits was the original Helena Walker before the Ark's launched, she was elected to the Homo Deus program for whatever reason and ascended. The Helena Walker we know is a clone of the original Helena Walker, the clone ran around on the arks and was able to experience regular humanity once again, companionship, awe, depression, loss, grief, gratitude, etc. On extinction when she finds a special white artifact and inserts it into her implant and she's taken to the tomb of ascension, what if Old Homo deus helena and the clone merge, resurrecting her identity by merging her base humanity  to her ascended form once more? Sort of like a fountain of youth effect. At that point Homo Deus helena re-awakens as a being with intellect, memories of the old Helena, Memories of the new, one who has lived in both past and present, memories that aren't very well sorted and so she can't remember if it's 2008 or 2008+x amount of years that have gone by?

This would both allow her to have knowledge and participation of the ark program at its inception, as well as to have a personal relationship with Mei and Diana, and Rockwell.

Sorry to kind of shoot you down, but there is no way that would be possible. Helena Walker was from a time period before the Tek era and would not have been incorporated into the building of the ARK system because she didn’t exist at the time it was built. Element hadn’t even come to Earth at the point in time her implanted memories refer to... and she’s a botanist, not an engineer or geneticist. 

6 minutes ago, DustyP said:

Hey Guys, I just found this thread but have been following the text in the countdown for a few days... I just had a couple observations to answer some questions that were posed a few days ago.

1. The `Hash: sha256` is a required part of the PGP signature. It is only there to tell you what algorithm was used to hash the contents to create the signature so you can reproduce it and verify the signature is correct. (btw did anyone verify that the signature is valid for the contents it was sent with?)
  2. If you read all the Explorer notes it is pretty obvious that Helena is The One Who Waits. It also says that Diana's respawn was a fluke borne out of desperation because death was closing in on Mei Yin and Diana could not bear it so when her thoughts brushed against one who could help (Diana) " My thoughts grasped her thread and tugged. Without knowing how, I pulled her back into the world for a second chance, and death lost its first tooth. " and then in the next note she talks about how she kept experimenting with all the subjects in orbit and " So I tested. Endlessly, I tested. So many trials, so many failures, but out of them rose another success. Then an entire generation of them. Then at last, you. " Also " But it's not free. Each time you return from death's clutches, there's a toll. Not for you - for the System. It takes resources, and resources can't be created, only converted. 
    You see those islands in the sky are seeds, and when they fall, they'll need what's left of the System's energy to bloom. So when the barren garden is fully revived, you'll lose the ability to revive yourself.
    "
  3. The 2 balls in the image...
    1. The blue one looks like the grid of ARKs that we see in the cut scenes after ascension both times
    2. The Red one to me looks like a status of Earth, which would fit with the message that is beside it.
  4. The C2I is correct (as a capital i) as far as I can tell, and most likely refers to Command and Control Infrastructure based on the context of the message.

I'll keep an eye on the countdown throughout the day and would be happy to help decode if it changes.

First I think you bring up a good point about the red sphere potentially being the failed Earth as a scaled down image. That’s a good idea and drives Mars even further from the question because the image is a sphere (which Mars is not, no bulge at the equator and almost same diameter around equator as between poles).

Concerning Helena, given all the evidence, it is just as likely (even more so) to be an outside entity inside the system that has been following them, maybe even initiated them specifically for this purpose based on who they were or could be. It being Helena is just too easy and far fetched to me. She had never interfaced with a computer like that or even been remotely experienced with the Tek era computers or system infrastructure... it would be more likely for Santiago to be responsible for those things because he would at least be more ready for a consciousness conversion into a data system and have a greater understanding and so would recover faster from the initial disorienting effect (think out of body experience but 1000000x worse). Plus, if the system has built in defenses (element is alive), she may have been attacked immediately by security measures being foreign data... unless there was another entity involved granting permissions/clearance and shielding her from the bombardment of the new environment. 

We often see this on a daily basis when new, inexperienced people are immersed into new technologies all at once. They become quickly overwhelmed, and I have trouble believing a botanist from before the Tek era would instantly be able to act and manipulate the system upon initial immersion with millions of new bits of information bombarding her all at once, every sense. She would be deaf, blind, dumb so to speak for a bit and totally paralyzed trying to process exactly what happened... UNLESS there was another entity involved who prepared a reception of sorts for her to reduce the overwhelming nature of what had happened. If it truly was Helena why is it sooo different than she used to be? If it’s because her memories were implants then they would fade upon transcendence as she realizes they are false (along with her emotions) and she wouldn’t be in a frantic state able to quickly locate and extract Diana’s consciousness after months/weeks. An entity who “created” them, followed them, and helped influence their journey little here and there, who was formerly a human (familiar with the system and the last one wanting to fix its flawed loop) might get frantic after all its hard work, efforts, and frantically reach for any and everything (pulling out all the stops) it could do or think to do. That can easily explain a different entity having that experience and it makes more sense because it has more experience.

And why introduce itself as the “One Who Waits” instead of “She Who Waits”? If she retained her identity enough to emotionally and frantically grasp initially as everything changed, it should continue to persist. And given how she writes there should be similarities to her other logs.

From a writing standpoint, Helena being the One Who Waits (at least initially, maybe eventually having the mantle passed to her) would be bad plot and writing because it doesn’t connect in a logical way or similar manner to other elements and thematic plots inside the story. Now, they could pull a Stephanie Meyer and just say “it’s fiction, get over it, it doesn’t have to make sense, leave me alone or my lawyer brother will harass you.” I don’t think most devs capable of pulling off games like this would do that, though. Well, I hope not. Don’t settle for the simple, easy explanation. 

Plus, in our culture Genesis is dualistic in meaning. It means both beginning/birth and has historical context. So... potentially we could be getting the stories of how the new beginning starts and the story resolves PLUS more depth into the story’s origin and the system’s own beginning. That is, if the references containing Genesis are in fact relevant to what is coming. 

I am pretty curious to see if we will be leaving Earth, to go to the moon. I remember a mod, WAY BACK WHEN.. called Ark: Moon Survival. It was perty well fleshed out.. looked great.. and then, POOF, it disappeared from the sponsored mod program! There's no way it was just scrapped.... I thought Wildcard may do something with it, but then, we got Extinction, but what if that's what we have been building up to. Getting strong enough to get to Arat Prime.. a super advanced city.. and escape earth.
WHAT IF Earth is just too far gone.. what if our next mission, Ark: Genesis... is to go to the moon, or a new planet, and start from scratch. One of the lines of code DID state something on the lines of "Launch Failed" What if WE, the survivors and our tames, have to escape earth, (something no one else was strong enough to do) to a new planet, and populate this new frontier. Without element, (People are saying they think tek may be removed) without corruption. say goodbye to reapers and abberant dinos. That could be pretty interesting, and could possibly set up for future dlcs, or so on. Possibly, Rockwell could send minions to the new planet, trying to attack it, and we have to defend this new place. This could be pretty interesting. I am very curious to see what this next DLC brings...

This was typed perty fast, gotta work soon, but all of this just intrigues me... I am hyped to see what is revealed, to be coming soon, of course, come thursday..!!!

P.S. Also, look at the Ark: Genesis Map... this could possibly tie into that, as well... so many questions!!!

Is this helpful at all?
The new code translation: ComSec: OpSec: PhysSec: Power Core: OK C2H Integrit8: Specimen Viability: Previous Directiv RQ &0485183048e+52
ComSec: Communications Security 
is defined as the measures taken to deny unauthorized persons information derived from telecommunications of the U.S. Government concerning national security, and to ensure the authenticity of such telecommunications.

OpSec: Operations security (OPSEC) is a process that identifies critical information to determine if friendly actions can be observed by enemy intelligence, determines if information obtained by adversaries could be interpreted to be useful to them, and then executes selected measures that eliminate or reduce adversary exploitation of friendly critical information.

PhysSec: Can't be sure what this is, all I know is there are companies that create programs for technological security.

C2H: Contract 2 Hire. (Could we be being hired for a big job?)

Not sure about Integrit 8.. sadly..

RQ: Stands for Respiratory Quotient: 
The respiratory quotient (or RQ or respiratory coefficient), is a dimensionless number used in calculations of basal metabolic rate (BMR) when estimated from carbon dioxide production. It is calculated from the ratio of carbon dioxide produced by the body to oxygen consumed by the body.

The Aegis/Shield on the Ark.GG/G countdown: The modern concept of doing something "under someone's aegis" means doing something under the protection of a powerful, knowledgeable, or benevolent source. The word aegis is identified with protection by a strong force with its roots in Greek mythology and adopted by the Romans;

These are just finds.. hope it helps out with the decoding, or figuring out of what this all means, before timer hits zero.

4 minutes ago, Pachycephalosaurus said:

I got a theory. Maybe were put inside a beacon or orbital drop. We do this because humans cant go through the forcefield protecting the ark or planet

so survivetheark.com/g/ is the inside of a orbital drop or beacon.

Yeah, I agree with that. I think most people do, too. Which backs my theory.. WHY are we in a supply drop, or beacon? We are being launched SOMEWHERE.. Arat Prime.. what if it's not truly on Earth, or if it is/was, maybe the sentients who inhabited Arat Prime (nicknamed: Noah's Ark) moved off the planet, because they thought Earth was too far gone....

3 minutes ago, WildWyvern said:

RQ: Stands for Respiratory Quotient: The respiratory quotient (or RQ or respiratory coefficient), is a dimensionless number used in calculations of basal metabolic rate (BMR) when estimated from carbon dioxide production. It is calculated from the ratio of carbon dioxide produced by the body to oxygen consumed by the body.

Maybe this is measuring the amount of CO2 were producing inside the beacon or drop

1 hour ago, DustyP said:

"

Rockwell's experiments with element corrupted his mind to the point he injected himself with it and became a monster. Mei fought and killed him. We find out in the Aberration notes that Rockwell was absorbed into the ARK and replaced whatever boss existed beforehand, to be summoned over and over again. Helena is simply wrong about him being dead. 

Once absorbed, Rockwell began merging with the ARK, like an evil Helena/OWW, and eventually became the ARK. When aberration crashes down and the obelisk activates, that's akin to a heartbeat monitor starting to beep again. 

Someone else mentioned Helena being unable to merge with the technology but if you read Santiago's notes he talks about how Helen's compatibility with the MEKS is off the charts. She was biologically predetermined to be compatible with ascension.

Thanks for the support on my Element theory! I believe Helena did maintain her personality thus her remark about seeing the sunset once more (a callback to the Island) and and the awkwardness she can have at some points. 

As far as I understand the resurrection, and I may need to reread, The One Who Waits (you were right, no gender) made a mad grasp and got Diana, then tried for the others. 

"It was a happy accident, borne of desperation. Death, that inescapable hunter, closed in on its lonely prey and I couldn't bear the sight. I tried to pry its jaws open, but I had no hands. So blindly, I thrashed and cried for help until I stumbled upon her, one who could be those hands. One who could give that person more than I ever could." The One Who Waits #6

"Yet in orbit, I had subjects beyond counting. So I tested. Endlessly, I tested. So many trials, so many failures, but out of them rose another success. Then an entire generation of them. Then at last, you.

I don't know how long it took. Centuries? Millenia? Time was especially murky for me then, but I still remember all the souls death claimed - the ones that faded before I could reach them. Even when I tried and tried, I could not make them whole again, no matter the effort. No matter the desire." - The One Who Waits #7

From this and the other notes I get that Helena Ascended and resurrected Diana to save Mei in the Wastelands since Helena could not. After that she tried endlessly before successes began to mount. Helena and Mei were centuries, if not Mille IA, before the player. Look at the states of the ruins on the ARKs. There's little left. 

It was always going to be Helena who would ascend, Rockwell who would fall, and Mei-Yin who would fight on. It only makes the most sense. Helena was the young, hopeful explorer; Rockwell was the old, cynical scientist, and Mei was the lonely warrior. Introducing a whole new character just for Backstory seems a little weird for what we all assumed was the last part of ARKs story. 

• Chris unpinned this topic

Archived