processing completed COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD 427A6F2B

Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

The whole thing that Helena says is related to specimin implants as in we're limited to the the constraints of the system (Arks and within the limits of extinction). Like when you go outside the limits of extinction you get the whole implant logo come up and you start to die. Arate Prime is based on the dark side of the Earth from what I've been reading. So shes gonna help us bypass the limits of our implants to travel to Arat Prime hence the better to teach you new tricks than convince your host system you should be allowed in places you're not.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Shkeiru said:

Let's come with a theory : if it sound like extinction and aberration , does that mean that aberration crashed right on Arat Prime ?

Well, I’m not sure about that, but I do think it has something to do with all that. Do you have a discord? Maybe we could talk about it more on there.

Well, we know that the Aberration Ark did in fact fall to Earth considering when we were transported to the land of Extinction (and once time had passed to where the Earth wasn't just fire and ash as seen in the ending cutscene of Aberration) there were already corrupted Rock Drakes and Reapers. However, keep in mind that Extinction was supposedly on the opposite side of the Earth from Arat Prime. That doesn't mean that the creatures of Aberration didn't travel far, but they were here for quite some time in order to become victims to the corruption and find their way to Extinction. Or at least that's my personal take away from the story and visual evidence.

That looks like a key for some piece of data in a database on their backend, used in the GET request made to populate the RSS feed on the site when you load it, given the look of the request itself. If something really is hidden in the source of page, it will likely have something to tie it to what we've seen before, otherwise we're just grasping at straws.

8 hours ago, AnotherDisappointedPlayer said:

Do someone remark there is a reminecence of a code i the background of the pillar?

523578825_decode5.thumb.gif.5c151b8ff2b91d62926e293432965580.gif

I just dont know if its a new on or a reflection of the others.

Another tough ... 

image.thumb.png.fb6201968f6473c3a51de368f94d8d90.png

The message is not encrypted, just letters being replaced, is there any way to decode it back?

The first line into the red circle is from the Helena reply

Have you tried decoding the ghosting images? I have noticed them but haven’t been able to figure out if they are independent of the code they surround or an extension of it. Or if they are just artifacts in the image. I’m going to attempt it both ways.

If it’s just letters being replaced, wouldn’t there have to be a pattern or some consistency? Like the first “X” replaces an “O” in LOG, but the second “X” replaces the “L” in LOG on the 4th line. 

7 hours ago, VulpineKitsune said:

I'm pretty sure The Once Who Waits is Helena herself. In her notes, we learn that there are other Homo Deus, but they are old and have lost their sence of self, their memories. She notes that she is afraid of the same fate. 

In note #6 she described how she managed to ressurect Diana. In the note it says 

"It was a happy accident, borne of desperation. Death, that inescapable hunter, closed in on its lonely prey and I couldn't bear the sight. I tried to pry its jaws open, but I had no hands. So blindly, I thrashed and cried for help until I stumbled upon her, one who could be those hands. One who could give that person more than I ever could."

One who could give that person more than I ever could

That means that the writter of the notes personally knew the endangered person (Mei). Note the past could. And it makes sence, Helena, no matter how good of a friend she would be, couldn't replace Diana who Mei loved. 

Time becomes a bit wacky when you are a Homo Deus. There's a time progression but it's not the same we Humans feel. 

I’m sorry... this is hard to believe because the One Who Waits is from the time before... it makes several references to a time and era Helena herself never belonged to and would have no knowledge of. The One Who Waits was the last consciousness to be converted into an entity within the ARK system, as part of that system. It also was solving the respawn problem while Helena was making her journey, and I think it only solves it because of Helena completing her journey. Helena undergoing that conversion process, I believe, is what allows the One Who Waits to figure out the solution of respawning consciousnesses and subsequently bring Diana back. Because it tried to save others from before anyone made it to Earth. Her transcending couldn’t have possibly sent her back in time inside the system eons before her own existence... It just isn’t feasible and doesn’t fit with the thematic elements used in the lore thus far, unless I’ve missed something. 

7 hours ago, Warrior7 said:

@jammyjade, did you mean running them through outguess? And yeah, I concur that we've cracked the puzzle and now have to wait for more clues. Everything about this puzzle was done fairly logically, with one action leading to another; there's seemingly no massive logic leaps or lateral thinking puzzles like some random unrelated number being a set of coordinates in a lot of ARG-esque games.

Figuring out what the name actually means, if anything, would be neat though. I can't figure out if it's encrypted, or someone just typed gibberish from Unicode. If it were encrypted, and the key fingerprint were the public key to decrypt it, I don't know what algorithm to use.

And the highlighted/italicized number thing in the original post still nags at me, too. Part of me wonders if it's the forum screwing up the formatting; doesn't typing a letter flanked by two asterisks cause text to be bolded in non-richtext mode, and something similar with underscores for italics? The extra characters appear to be s, b, and F7, but they may just be a victim of poor forum formatting.

Anyway, I look forward to trying to solve whatever comes next, it's a neat little puzzle.

Has anyone tried running the still, flat views of the banner link through outguess?

I’m trying to figure out the name now, but I don’t think it’s encrypted because I don’t think encryption typically uses accented characters. However, if we convert them into their unaccented forms, we get: “EEUR2S(?EIY” and “zLonSA[J” (with hex codes “454555523253283f454959” and “7a4c6f6e53415b4a”, respectively). Without removing accents, we have hex codes “c38ae282ac32c5a028c2a5c38bc38c59” and “207a4ce280a2c3b1c5a0c3815b4a” respectively from the bot name and group. Maybe the hex color code of the group (if same as the admin group) could play a role? Anyone know how to extract that?

Has anyone tried taking the original “wasd” code for only the UID characters (72...) and converting it to hex and trying that as a key?

EDIT: Yes, the original post key characters are still bothering me, too. If it’s poor formatting why does the background highlight disappear on only those characters when directly copied and pasted? These are the key symbols that don’t have the color highlight when you copy and paste directly from the OP into a reply (the ˟ symbol is also included in this, which no one else seems to notice. It is different than every other character used, being a superscript or something. It is a nonstandard character not found on a conventional keyboard unlike every other character in the string, PLEASE SOMEONE ELSE recognize this?!) :

OUTs˟GUESSbF7

[LXG_2qANfeIT] HtafP... suboa^;
[ cyq-ut..OUT> tes2\ $hU6pte
[At:_R;C'1V˟] Alk...S1d7Nd  <GUESS..jbeGV cb(...9bF7oLs ]e(Uz
[XOG_xRGNS:Ip* Enl s5mlaJ?r e^c...tНd Go"V ]us:9

6 hours ago, LordKelbor said:

I have limited knowledge of 90% of how people decrypt things, i'm not as smart as many of you in that aspect. I may be grasping at straws, but there was someone's post and I wish I could find it right off.  They were saying somethin about the original bot poster's name.  What struck me as odd is that the group the profile is attached to has a color to it.

image.thumb.png.3d3bbfa893ec749340c9bb785da60960.png

each group has a specific color, this one is blue, as you see below Wildcard Admin posters are the same.  obviously this could easily be just a coincidence because that's how they created the account for the original bot poster.  But then I thought, why would they make a new group named zL•ñŠÁ[J if they were going to just make it an admin account.  Seems like they specifically made a second admin group/renamed a group.  what if the garbled name zL•ñŠÁ[J was or is an encrypted form of Wildcard Admin.  if so, could that be used as a key to unscramble the user profile name?

image.thumb.png.63512944ccae5c0a287341d5c413fe8f.png

As I said I know very little about encryptions and i'm not good at puzzles, I just thought it was a bit odd and thought i'd feed the community.

I brought this up on the bottom of page 4 a little bit. I had similar thoughts in that post, but I don’t have the knowledge or skill necessary to go further down that path. 

6 hours ago, LordKelbor said:

Per my previous post, I found another coincidence. when converted to ascii

zL•ñŠÁ[J

becomes

122 076 226 128 162 195 177 197 160 195 129 091 074

which is the same amount of letters as Wildcard Admin

just wanted to add that

I also did this already in my post at the top of page 5, along with the hex codes and a nonaccented conversion which I’ve converted in hex here above, as I don’t think ASCII is part of the puzzle. 

3 hours ago, Parzival01 said:

all of this is way beyond me, but when you look at the source of the page, it continues to reference a web address: https://cdn.survivetheark.com/somethingbig

not sure if that leads anywhere

I’m interested in seeing what if anything this could lead to... good eye! I don’t know if anyone has explored this at all. 

EDIT: this is nothing. It’s a dead end and only concerns the Venetia monitor font. 

1 hour ago, GNe said:

The new image on the profile picture resembles a fingerprint. It’s a bad idea to try to make a print of this photo. This is false.

Hmmm... can it be converted into a code or is there a hidden message in it maybe? Orrr.... maybe we need to send the image to Helena?

14 minutes ago, nintendogamer7 said:

all of this is way beyond me, but when you look at the source of the page, it continues to reference a web address: https://cdn.survivetheark.com/somethingbig

not sure if that leads anywhere

Look like that file just tells the website what font to use

Yep looked into it and opened it. Its just the font of the countdown timer.

If anyone wants to look into it more just drop the .woff file into this website.  https://fontdrop.info

I sent Helena 724EA9458ED40FBF in the subject. It used to just say

Standby, please await further outgoing communication on established channels.

now it says

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Standby, please await further outgoing communication on established channels.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=6VqM
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

This is something new

I seem to be doing more to poke holes in others peoples' ideas recently than I'm doing actually solving anything new. Apologies in advance if I seem like I'm stomping all over your ideas! I just want to make sure we don't start chasing shadows.

The PGP signature for all the messages we've gotten so far should be different; this is what a PGP signature is: It's used for integrity checking and verifying the sender of the message. First, a hash is computed of the message plaintext; the "Hash: SHA256" in the messages likely refers to the hashing algorithm used for the message digest. Then, an algorithm is used to digitally sign it using the sender's private key. The end result is not going to be exactly the same every time; check some of the previous messages to see what I mean.

So no new message. Gotcha. Most of this decryption stuff is going over my head, but I am trying to follow along as much as possible, and you guys are doing a really good job at solving these code puzzles and keeping me hooked. I also love that Wildcard is getting really creative with this reveal process. Definitely loads of fun and very suspenseful, in my opinion. The reveal date can't get here fast enough. Lol!

Same for me cabbage, I’m just trying to delve into the seemingly simpler things that may play a role. Like the fact there’s a nonstandard keyboard character used in the original message that may be significant along with the bold s and italicized b and F7, along with the bots Username and group classification. 

I’m fairly certain that Warrior7 is completely correct about the SHA256, as I faintly remember from an old compsec course something similar being involved in processing every message. Case in point: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-2 it is just a “novel hash function used with 32-bit words.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy

Digital signatures[edit]

PGP supports message authentication and integrity checking. The latter is used to detect whether a message has been altered since it was completed (the message integrity property) and the former to determine whether it was actually sent by the person or entity claimed to be the sender (a digital signature). Because the content is encrypted, any changes in the message will result in failure of the decryption with the appropriate key. The sender uses PGP to create a digital signature for the message with either the RSA or DSA algorithms. To do so, PGP computes a hash (also called a message digest) from the plaintext and then creates the digital signature from that hash using the sender's private key.

28 minutes ago, AscendedDodo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy

Digital signatures[edit]

PGP supports message authentication and integrity checking. The latter is used to detect whether a message has been altered since it was completed (the message integrity property) and the former to determine whether it was actually sent by the person or entity claimed to be the sender (a digital signature). Because the content is encrypted, any changes in the message will result in failure of the decryption with the appropriate key. The sender uses PGP to create a digital signature for the message with either the RSA or DSA algorithms. To do so, PGP computes a hash (also called a message digest) from the plaintext and then creates the digital signature from that hash using the sender's private key.

Are you making a point here or...?

2 hours ago, Pachycephalosaurus said:

I sent Helena 724EA9458ED40FBF in the subject. It used to just say

Standby, please await further outgoing communication on established channels.

now it says

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Standby, please await further outgoing communication on established channels.
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=6VqM

This is something new

iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJdQSOPAAoJEHJOqUWO1A+     is matching with the response of Helena to "6aa6816d-e710-4024-a28e-834315c92fdf"

[LOG_TRANSMIT] OK.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Your cognitive profile seems limited to specimen guardianship, you're a glorified patient monitor.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Maybe that's good... better to teach you new tricks than convince your host system you should be allowed in places you're not.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] We'll need to do some tests, so I'm working on a few changes to your programming.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] I'll contact you when it's ready.
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=k1Ih

If memory serves, that portion of the PGP signature is actually a hash of the key used to encrypt it, or some other uniquely identifying bit, which is going to be the same on any message that was encrypted with that key. I can't find a diagram that decently shows the composition of a PGP signature, or I'd be able to illustrate it better.

• Chris unpinned this topic

Archived