processing completed COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD 427A6F2B

Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

image.thumb.png.cc89b87382d5c81325baaf2519c4f234.png

Yep , it would make sense, because when you run the game in french (don't know if it's a fan based translation or an official one) The notes belonging of "The One Who Wait" in Extinction are translated to "Celle Qui Attend" Where "Celle" is a female designating word. The only problem of this solution is that Helena, transformed into an Homo Deus, have to be  present long before Diana die, which is an event prior to her ascension... this implie a kind of time travel... but it is so far the only plot that fit for me. I'll wait until the next message from that (mysterious antenna ? pretty like the one you stand over in the extinction cutscene) blue glowing thing.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not saying she was the unnamed one, I’m saying that one helped her become the newest one. And now they are working together within the system, shown by the email dialogue discovered decoding all the hints since Sunday. 

All survivors are homo deus once they’ve “ascended” down to earth (passing all the necessary tests), are they not? System records show Homo sapiens as extinct and homo deus as endangered. 

Thanks for your support ?

Do someone remark there is a reminecence of a code i the background of the pillar?

523578825_decode5.thumb.gif.5c151b8ff2b91d62926e293432965580.gif

I just dont know if its a new on or a reflection of the others.

Another tough ... 

image.thumb.png.fb6201968f6473c3a51de368f94d8d90.png

The message is not encrypted, just letters being replaced, is there any way to decode it back?

The first line into the red circle is from the Helena reply

I'm pretty sure The Once Who Waits is Helena herself. In her notes, we learn that there are other Homo Deus, but they are old and have lost their sence of self, their memories. She notes that she is afraid of the same fate. 

In note #6 she described how she managed to ressurect Diana. In the note it says 

"It was a happy accident, borne of desperation. Death, that inescapable hunter, closed in on its lonely prey and I couldn't bear the sight. I tried to pry its jaws open, but I had no hands. So blindly, I thrashed and cried for help until I stumbled upon her, one who could be those hands. One who could give that person more than I ever could."

One who could give that person more than I ever could

That means that the writter of the notes personally knew the endangered person (Mei). Note the past could. And it makes sence, Helena, no matter how good of a friend she would be, couldn't replace Diana who Mei loved. 

Time becomes a bit wacky when you are a Homo Deus. There's a time progression but it's not the same we Humans feel. 

3 hours ago, jammyjade said:

427A6F2B i have tried running the various profile pics the pic that defaults are changing too (that was the first pic we tried) and the achievement hunter one! no joy with either, am guessing we keep emailing helena now and that the countdown will reveal more info or codes? i swear the countdown has a new code, was added to one of the gates, was completely empty but now has 2 strings, for purpose of explaining and records! i have been making vids of code breaking progress! anyone else finds anything let me know! il be keeping eye on the forum post but might not have time to cover or wrap up stuff. ps if i got anything wrong also let me know.

@jammyjade, did you mean running them through outguess? And yeah, I concur that we've cracked the puzzle and now have to wait for more clues. Everything about this puzzle was done fairly logically, with one action leading to another; there's seemingly no massive logic leaps or lateral thinking puzzles like some random unrelated number being a set of coordinates in a lot of ARG-esque games.

Figuring out what the name actually means, if anything, would be neat though. I can't figure out if it's encrypted, or someone just typed gibberish from Unicode. If it were encrypted, and the key fingerprint were the public key to decrypt it, I don't know what algorithm to use.

And the highlighted/italicized number thing in the original post still nags at me, too. Part of me wonders if it's the forum screwing up the formatting; doesn't typing a letter flanked by two asterisks cause text to be bolded in non-richtext mode, and something similar with underscores for italics? The extra characters appear to be s, b, and F7, but they may just be a victim of poor forum formatting.

Anyway, I look forward to trying to solve whatever comes next, it's a neat little puzzle.

I have limited knowledge of 90% of how people decrypt things, i'm not as smart as many of you in that aspect. I may be grasping at straws, but there was someone's post and I wish I could find it right off.  They were saying somethin about the original bot poster's name.  What struck me as odd is that the group the profile is attached to has a color to it.

image.thumb.png.3d3bbfa893ec749340c9bb785da60960.png

each group has a specific color, this one is blue, as you see below Wildcard Admin posters are the same.  obviously this could easily be just a coincidence because that's how they created the account for the original bot poster.  But then I thought, why would they make a new group named zL•ñŠÁ[J if they were going to just make it an admin account.  Seems like they specifically made a second admin group/renamed a group.  what if the garbled name zL•ñŠÁ[J was or is an encrypted form of Wildcard Admin.  if so, could that be used as a key to unscramble the user profile name?

image.thumb.png.63512944ccae5c0a287341d5c413fe8f.png

As I said I know very little about encryptions and i'm not good at puzzles, I just thought it was a bit odd and thought i'd feed the community.

My 2 cents:

trophy for crypto has an unecessary  hex code at the end f11c6f303466a2f51ea8c831aa29aa66

32 bits

image.thumb.png.c4a16bb1274d6de5cc8ab3c9f0b06350.png

i work with encryption  and when hashing names of users, we use MD5 hash and it become a number like this one (32b)

i've read about SHA256 that it works with 32bits too but i couldn't find any solution to decrypt it on internet and have a good result without success

the picture by default also have an hex code in it, placed this time at the beginning of the name

84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png

84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c could be then combined into 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3cf11c6f303466a2f51ea8c831aa29aa66

doesn't ring a bell to you ? '.'

SHA256 is a hashing algorithm. If you're referring to the text in the PGP message(s) that says as such, I believe that's just a header line that displays the hashing algorithm used.

S0DA, I believe that hex string is an autogenerated UUID of the sort seen when creating an automatically resized image through certain programs. However, there's always the possibility it could be something; it would be very clever of them to hide something in the achievement itself. Has anyone tried emailing Helena with that as the subject line?

Also, I'm curious if the original message can in fact be recovered. Looking at it, it's clear someone took a message of the format we've seen before and garbled it, as another user pointed out. However, if it's intended to emulate a network problem garbling a transmission (like say, a parity or encoding issue) then it may in fact be possible to recover it.

encryption is easy btw, decryption need a pool of word that has been encrypted (it's a bit like brute force decoding)

so it may not be usefull to translate, as far as we use it on my side, we hide users names on ftp, which means no one can find the folder where a profile is, without knowing the md5 itself

ex :ftp://doudouda.ark.eu/out/mgr/0bb53358b1d50052efb37c8934a53f79/

i tried with survivetheark.com so far but no result

have fun

1 hour ago, LordKelbor said:

I have limited knowledge of 90% of how people decrypt things, i'm not as smart as many of you in that aspect. I may be grasping at straws, but there was someone's post and I wish I could find it right off.  They were saying somethin about the original bot poster's name.  What struck me as odd is that the group the profile is attached to has a color to it.

image.thumb.png.3d3bbfa893ec749340c9bb785da60960.png

I just dont know why but i keep reading "Ézéquiel" as the poster name

I think that what is need to be done now is generate the correct key to communicate with helena.

If we send the key "6aa6816d-e710-4024-a28e-834315c92fdf" which is an UUID class 4 type 10 (this mean it is randomly generated) we get a response that I think its not good. The response come from the gmail canned replies. This may mean, there is another good canned reply waiting to be discovered.

The UUID is 36 bytes long, 32 plus the 4 dash. The fingerprint of the Helena's GPG key is 40 bytes. There is also another 32 bytes string hidden in the name of the Crypto Hunter logo. Also there is a 32 bytes string in the default logo but this one I think has no relevance, as it seem to be common across IVP (Invision Power Board) installations.

I think we have to mix this somehow to obtain the good Helena's response and continue.

PD: during the night I've used hashcat to md5 bruteforce all that 32 bytes strings in case they contain an up to 7 characters word, with no success.

Now, this may seem like a weird topic to talk about, but the music. Ark tends to have music that definitely matches the environment it’s in. This track on the timer, I have a few things to say about it. First of all, when you get the music by itself, it seems to have a lot of...electronic sounding stuff in it. Not the special effects, the music itself. I’ve noticed that pretty much every time the music has that electronic sound to it, it’s linked to tek. Overseer, ascension, a lot of the music in aberration and extinction. Second, it seems to be “mixing styles.” Let me explain. Every story dlc so far has had its own music style; and what they’ve done with some of the free ones, I’ve noticed, is mix the styles together. The most prominent example I have is the Valguero trailer. It is a song from the original island, but slightly stylized like aberration, i’d say. And then, Valguero is like the island, but with an aberrant area. For the timer soundtrack, it sounds like extinction mixed with aberration style. So it probably has to do with tek, extinction, and aberration.  I’m not sure y’all will find this helpful, or you might’ve figured some of this out, i just wanted to point out the soundtrack.

11 minutes ago, EmkioA said:

i think :

[LOG_TRANSMIT] I'll contact you when it's ready.

We registerd to a mailling list they will mail us at some point.

Nah dont think so, if you read carefully the message she treat us as if we not were the right person that should communicate with her.

That would be also so frustrating for this kind of puzzles, a step being incomplete and we having to wait some days... I dont think it is coded that way, thats not how this kind of games work.

One thing that is unclear to me due to language barrier is if she mean she is gonna teach us, or we should teach by ourselves ([LOG_TRANSMIT] Maybe that's good... better to teach you new tricks than convince your host system you should be allowed in places you're not.)

18 minutes ago, Silverflower1 said:

Now, this may seem like a weird topic to talk about, but the music. Ark tends to have music that definitely matches the environment it’s in. This track on the timer, I have a few things to say about it. First of all, when you get the music by itself, it seems to have a lot of...electronic sounding stuff in it. Not the special effects, the music itself. I’ve noticed that pretty much every time the music has that electronic sound to it, it’s linked to tek. Overseer, ascension, a lot of the music in aberration and extinction. Second, it seems to be “mixing styles.” Let me explain. Every story dlc so far has had its own music style; and what they’ve done with some of the free ones, I’ve noticed, is mix the styles together. The most prominent example I have is the Valguero trailer. It is a song from the original island, but slightly stylized like aberration, i’d say. And then, Valguero is like the island, but with an aberrant area. For the timer soundtrack, it sounds like extinction mixed with aberration style. So it probably has to do with tek, extinction, and aberration.  I’m not sure y’all will find this helpful, or you might’ve figured some of this out, i just wanted to point out the soundtrack.

Let's come with a theory : if it sound like extinction and aberration , does that mean that aberration crashed right on Arat Prime ?

• Chris unpinned this topic

Archived