processing completed COMMUNICATIONS TEST RECORD 427A6F2B

Ê€2Š(¥ËÌY

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Start sublayer encrypted communications test.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Verify receipt.
[LOG_TRANSMIT] Confirm full fingerprint ID of 724EA9458ED40FBF in user profile.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Message receipt confirmed.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Future communications using fingerprint ID 724EA9458ED40FBF only.
[LOG_RECEIVE] Host System Directive: Null
[LOG_RECEIVE] Host System Status: Hibernate
[LOG_RECEIVE] End sublayer encrypted communications test.gpg: Signature made Wed 31 Jul 2019 03:51:38 AM DST
gpg:                using RSA key 724EA9458ED40FBF
gpg: Good signature from "Helena Walker <HLNA.WLKR@gmail.com>" [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: C3FB C832 2297 5EF0 27C2  46D7 724E A945 8ED4 0FBF

Since the forums apparently have some sort of daily post limit and mine is very low, I ran out and couldn't post, so I apologize that I couldn't update you all when it happened. The mods have lifted the restriction on me, so I can post this now!

If you look at the message, it says to confirm full fingerprint ID in user profile. Well, ironically while trying to figure out how to send private messages to alex overcome the posting limit, I took a look at my "Edit Profile" options. At the bottom there was a strange option that said "terminal uplink". On a lark, I put in first the fingerprint ID from the message, then the actual primary key ID that alex found. Nothing seemed to happen at first, but then all non-custom avatars on the site including my own turned into the same as the original poster, and a little while later, the message popped in.

Thanks for the decryption Alex, I don't have access to a system with GPG on it at the moment. I've been going a little stir crazy trying to tell all of you about the GPG stuff; I'm glad someone figured it out too! I'm curious how you decrypted the GPG file alex; you'd need the private key or password used to encrypt it, unless I'm misremembering how PGP works. What did you use?

8 minutes ago, Warrior7 said:

Since the forums apparently have some sort of daily post limit and mine is very low, I ran out and couldn't post, so I apologize that I couldn't update you all when it happened. The mods have lifted the restriction on me, so I can post this now!

If you look at the message, it says to confirm full fingerprint ID in user profile. Well, ironically while trying to figure out how to send private messages to alex overcome the posting limit, I took a look at my "Edit Profile" options. At the bottom there was a strange option that said "terminal uplink". On a lark, I put in first the fingerprint ID from the message, then the actual primary key ID that alex found. Nothing seemed to happen at first, but then all non-custom avatars on the site including my own turned into the same as the original poster, and a little while later, the message popped in.

Thanks for the decryption Alex, I don't have access to a system with GPG on it at the moment. I've been going a little stir crazy trying to tell all of you about the GPG stuff; I'm glad someone figured it out too! I'm curious how you decrypted the GPG file alex; you'd need the private key or password used to encrypt it, unless I'm misremembering how PGP works. What did you use?

Hi im alex32434 on reddit, that info can be obtained by decoding the GPG signature message just with the GPG tool, and checking the ID in ID's database, with the gpg tool too.

Nice finding in the user profile btw, I did not guess it was referring to that.

re: Alex/arkark:

You, mauve on reddit, and Jammy helped just as much as I did; I lucked out on that one. I don't have access to a system with outguess or gpg at the moment, so I'm glad other knowledgeable people were around with the right tool for the job!

I figured you had to process the signature, I.E. the original message had to give you something to use. However given the phrasing of the message I figured that would only give you the public key, which is used to encrypt messages, not decrypt them. Unless that key fingerprint ID is for the private key, not the public one.

6 minutes ago, arkark said:

Well it says:

I tried sending a message with the fingerprint in subject and body but it did not work.

made a gmail account called    724ea9458ed40fbf@gmail.com

Password: Arksurvival

people can login in and out if they find something they think would trigger a bot repsonse

1 minute ago, Warrior7 said:

PGP can be used to encrypt email. Why don't you try encrypting an email message that way, and sending it?

I think we now have that:

[LOG_RECEIVE] End sublayer encrypted communications test.

The first part is the first message decoded, it says "Confirm full fingerprint..." that is what u did, then the next message it says the receipt been confirmed (maybe its you?) and that the future communications will only use the fingerprint of the ID 72..

I think we have to understand well what do this mean to continue, will only use the fingerprint, where? and how?

8 minutes ago, arkark said:

I think we now have that:

[LOG_RECEIVE] End sublayer encrypted communications test.

The first part is the first message decoded, it says "Confirm full fingerprint..." that is what u did, then the next message it says the receipt been confirmed (maybe its you?) and that the future communications will only use the fingerprint of the ID 72..

I think we have to understand well what do this mean to continue, will only use the fingerprint, where? and how?

Could be the subject part of the email if were trying to trigger a bot response

or it could be a google message using google+

Also it could be a name were missing

Could be any of the Ark Survivors and the subject has to be 724EA9458ED40FBF

Like Diana Altaras@gmail.com or Diana_Altaras@gmail.com or Dana_Altras@gmail.com

Then in the subject line use 724EA9458ED40FBF

This was pretty well thought-out; no corners were skipped in the encryption and everything had to be done properly, thus I would say given the content of the message we may need to wait for messages in the coming days. But who knows; don't let me stop you from seeing how deep this goes!

I just noticed that apparently I also got a forum trophy for it, "Crypto-Hunter". If the devs are listening, if at all possible I'd like @arkark, @RomanPort, and @jammyjade to get it as well, since I knew what to do, but didn't have the tools for a lot of it. They were invaluable in getting this far.

Just now, Warrior7 said:

This was pretty well thought-out; no corners were skipped in the decryption and everything had to be done properly, thus I would say given the content of the message we may need to wait for messages in the coming days. But who knows; don't let me stop you from seeing how deep this goes!

I just noticed that apparently I also got a forum trophy for it, "Crypto-Hunter". If the devs are listening, if at all possible I'd like @arkark and @jammyjade (sorry mauve I don't know your forum account!) to get it as well, since I knew what to do, but didn't have the tools for a lot of it.

Dont worry man, you finished the puzzle you deserve the achievement :)

this is insane! Congrats to all involved on the amazing sleuthing work.  I don't know if this means anything at all, but if you take the numbers from the alphanumeric string and use them as map coords on Extinction, it brings you here, which looks alot like the final cutscene from Aberration. You can also off map here, past the red zone into mountains and what looks like a tundra off in the distance.  Coords 42.7 x 6.2

extinctAP.jpg

• Chris unpinned this topic

Archived