Quetzal trap

Melcreif

18 minutes ago, Thyme said:

I find it easiest to just stand on the back of my wyvern or grapple to an argent/ptera if you dont have a wyvern. Pelt it with darts and surround it with spikes where it falls.

Or you could just not tame a quetzal and use the superior argent.

Argent/ptera wasn't working for me last time I tried (PC just after Valguero released) they just flew around in a circle doing their attack animation as soon as you whistled them to attack the quetz

@Melcreif box taming still works, for official or unofficials with stam regen turned off either take a ptera up with you and once you've KO'd a quetz hover on the ptera so your quetz regains stam (make sure it's on high follow so it doesn't move or try to land) or you can make a custom food with loads of stims to feed the quetz to regain stam

1 hour ago, TitiShu said:

Not sure if it works with quetzal, but it is working for tapejera. Fly near the desired quetzal with any flyer, eat some rare flowers and lure him in a simple taming box... 

You can also try with pheromone darts or pachyrhino.

With tek jetpack.... but you need tek... which is an other step

This metod, not works whith quetzal.

23 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Does the in air quetzal trap still work? What's the current best way to get one? Fyi I dont have access to Griffins.

Can't speak specifically to official, but 'yes', the Quetzal trap still works. It has changed somewhat though. While you're mounted the trap walls are ethereal and stuff will just pass through it. But that actually works in your favor. You just fly into the other Quetzal and once its in the cage, you simply dismount. Your Quetzal will instantly stop and the walls of the trap become solid, trapping the Quetzal inside.

On some maps, like Ragnarok, by far the easiest way to trap a Quetzal is to catch one that's flying low to the ground in the mountains, by dropping a gate around its neck, then boxing it in with three more gates.  

Sometimes you can find them already on the ground flying against a rock or tree. In the image below I flew my Tapejara over top of the Quetzal, preventing it from climbing as the hill came up underneath it. I've trapped a few Quetzals this way for other tribe members as well as some mid-air tames. 

The mid-air tames are the most exciting. 

20190316004051_1.thumb.jpg.551230d905fb841f050690fc76999a80.jpg

Archived