Help with an Alpha

Ok guys I need help. Recently me and my friend moved near the Redwood Forest on The Island map. We started a new base with our level 157 Argentavis (pretty weak for an Arge, She has only 4000 hp), my level 97 Tapejara (too weak to engage combat, he hasnt neither 1000 hp) and our level 141 Spino (with only 6000 hp, currently our strongest dino). The problem is that yesterday has spawned a lvl 135 Alpha Raptor near our base, we know that our Spino can't beat it and we have limited resources, what do we do?

easiest solution is probably to kite it off w the arge - being careful not to get pounced off by the raptor. Set the arge on passive flee.

If you want to kill it, you might try surrounding it with metal spike wall ( you may die a few times ). Then kill it with crossbows. You will need a smithy nearby with a lot of materials to repair the crossbows frequently, and 100s of arrows made.

Im sure there are better solutions but im too tired to figure them out.

My usual method to deal with alpha raptors is, I use an Argy to lure them to a nearby rock, then land on top of the rock facing the incoming alpha, walk the Argy close to the edge of the rock (without falling off), and spam the attack button. If you pick a rock of the right height, the Argy will be able to land hits on the alpha, but the alpha won't be able to hit the Argy. Then it's just a matter of wearing down the alpha's health until it's dead.

At some point, the alpha may run away when its health drops below a certain level. Stay put, don't follow it, it'll come back. (Unless it runs into easier prey, in which case you may have to fly over and lure it back to the rock.)

If the alpha IS able to land significant hits on your Argy, or is able to circle around and climb the rock to attack, take off and try a different rock. It takes trial-and-error to learn what works.

Also, watch your Argy's health AND stamina. If either run low, take off and fly to a safe location to recover. (Note, it's a good idea to level up your Argy's stamina and melee when you can.)

Help with Alphas part 2

So guys, I'll try to be quick. Me and my friend moved near the Redwood Forest on The Island with our lvl 196 Argentavis and lvl 144 Spino two weeks ago. Yesterday while I was exploring I found a lvl 70 Alpha Rex (just to clarify, he is pretty far away from our base) on the top of a mountain and I left him there. Just a few minutes ago I logged in my server and found a lvl 65 Alpha Carnotaurus pretty near my base. What should I do with both of them? The priority is the Alpha Carno, but if you can tell me some advice for the Alpha Rex too (just in case he decides to run down from the mountain and come near my base) I would be grateful.

For the alpha carno, you can kill it with your spino quite easily as it doesn't attack as quickly as a raptor.
You can also build a 4x4 stone trap with a ramp and lead it into it with minimal effort as carno IA tends to be less jerky than raptors.

Regarding the rex, trapping it is much more trouble as they move very much like raptors.
Unless you have a solid mount to tackle it, your best bet would be to lure it on a cliff side where it can't reach you. Once he can't bite you (careful as they have a surprising reach), options are countless :  Arrow spamming, shotgun, etc.

Regards.

I'm pretty sure that Alpha Raptors are not able to use the Jump/pin mechanic of regular raptors.

Alpha Carnos are easier to kill than raptors, as they are not as prone to rubberbanding and flying all over the map from moving so fast.  Even a good anky can kill an Alpha Carno.

The Alpha Rex, I always lure these into rocks at the base of a cliff (if I plan to kill it) and try to get it stuck/wedged there and then shoot it with arrows.  It's going to take quite a bit so bring extra supplies and multiple crafted weapons.

You could also lure the Alpha Rex away from your base and get it stuck over a cliff or something in the wrong direction away from you, if you don't plan to kill it.  Just please scout the area first from the air to be sure that you are not luring it to someone elses base.

Alpha dinoes have been nerfed to the ground, I've started killing alphas with a fresh tame lv 95 wild rex tamed to 140 iirc, now lv 180 killing alphas from raptor to carno, highest is level 135 raptor and lv 75 carno iirc, but I bet would have no problem with even 150. There are plenty of alpha spawns on The Island's Redwood along the river, I think there are 3 to 4, but I was using 2x DinoCount the other day. 

Alpha dinoes are good source of XP and higher grade tools/weapons, got my Ascendant pick, MC hatchet, Apprentice sickle, MC xbow, all from killing those alphas.

Also I think they are bugged, sometimes they keep nom nom-ing on a dead dino for a very long time and even if you shoot it with xbow, it will pay no attention and you can shoot it till die. need around 80-100+ arrows to kill using primitive xbow, bring extras, 100+ arrows would wear out the dura.

I ever killed an alpha rex using a 1000% dmg rex with 30k hp on official server, if you play Single Player, dinoes stats are boosted (hp+dmg) so even a normal tame not bred already has quite good stats. Can probably kill the alpha rex with much less stats. Alphas have been nerfed to the ground, but they're still dangerous.

-edit-

i just tamed a 150 rex came out 222, and met a lv 115 alpha rex on the way back home, and I was rekt, lol, this alpha rex 115 is so tanky and hit like a truck, definitely has to level up the rex  first or breed to beat a high lv alpha rex.

3 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

-edit-

i just tamed a 150 rex came out 222, and met a lv 115 alpha rex on the way back home, and I was rekt, lol, this alpha rex 115 is so tanky and hit like a truck, definitely has to level up the rex  first or breed to beat a high lv alpha rex.

You forgot to mention that Alpha Rexes have learned “Parkour” during one of the updates. ?

Archived