Looking for tips on fighting the alpha bosses on Valguero

OmwItsAdam

Looking for tips on fighting the alpha bosses on Valguero

So currently I have 19 Rexes and 1 Yuty, and I'm wondering if 30k health and about 400 damage on the Rexes is enough. I only have primitive saddles sadly, but I couldn't find anything better. I haven't fought bosses before, so was just hoping for some tips to get me going so I don't lose. :)

I think you'll lose.

You're fighting 3 bosses at once and while the Monkey and Dragon are light versions of their Island selves, they can still dish out some damage.

30k hp would probably be enough with 90 armor saddles and 800+melee. 

With primitive saddles, I'd maybe try the easy fight with 35k hp and 600 melee at least. 

Hit the red loot drop in caves. It may take 100 times or more but you'll find a Rex bp soon enough.

43 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I think you'll lose.

You're fighting 3 bosses at once and while the Monkey and Dragon are light versions of their Island selves, they can still dish out some damage.

30k hp would probably be enough with 90 armor saddles and 800+melee. 

With primitive saddles, I'd maybe try the easy fight with 35k hp and 600 melee at least. 

Hit the red loot drop in caves. It may take 100 times or more but you'll find a Rex bp soon enough.

Yes this. You might not need such melee but more than you have for sure. As to the cave - my tribemate went there today for the first time and got an asc rex saddle bp from there! 

Get a better saddle before you do bosses, or start with some island gamma bosses (gamma brood is easy with a few megatherium) 

The gamma boss is fairly easy, we beat it with 23k and 500-550 melee, saddles were a mix of mc & asc from around 80 to 100 armour, with the stats you have I'd start there and see how they hold up before trying the harder bosses, if you're on a cluster then I'd run the island swamp & easy water caves for a rex bp, if not or you're on official then keep hitting the red crate in the free loot cave and any red drops, I've had 3 or 4 apprentice saddle bp's from the drops in white cliffs which should be good enough with 30k hp

7 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

The gamma boss is fairly easy, we beat it with 23k and 500-550 melee, saddles were a mix of mc & asc from around 80 to 100 armour, with the stats you have I'd start there and see how they hold up before trying the harder bosses, if you're on a cluster then I'd run the island swamp & easy water caves for a rex bp, if not or you're on official then keep hitting the red crate in the free loot cave and any red drops, I've had 3 or 4 apprentice saddle bp's from the drops in white cliffs which should be good enough with 30k hp

thanks to everyone for the advice, I'm glad I asked. Also, I play on xbox, and can't handle servers, so I'm on singleplayer. I think I'll just start with gamma and work my way up from there.

I have beat the alpha on rag but not on valguero yet but I would stock up on metal and hide. Find out the best place to get a rex saddle blueprint and hit it like crazy until you get one. Use a mindwipe to get 1000 crafting skill and craft the saddles. The ones i have on rag are about 300-350 armor and are good for doing the alpha. Ill be looking to do this soon myself.

Archived