Neura husk

KodahWomble

Neura husk

Has anyone found a pattern to getting neura husks? Like using a specific weapon or killing with player vs with a tame? I know there’s a randomness to the drop, but I’ve killed scores of them and I just never get them. Considering the need for wings for the dungeons and the odds of losing them on a run, it’s getting frustrating. I’m hoping there’s some trick I’m missing.

4 hours ago, KodahWomble said:

Neura husk

Has anyone found a pattern to getting neura husks? Like using a specific weapon or killing with player vs with a tame? I know there’s a randomness to the drop, but I’ve killed scores of them and I just never get them. Considering the need for wings for the dungeons and the odds of losing them on a run, it’s getting frustrating. I’m hoping there’s some trick I’m missing.

I think they’ve started including them in all dungeon boss rooms now for this reason. There is no pattern or trick I’ve discovered so far, just random luck of the draw. I know it’s frustrating trying to find them when you need them, so I’ve just gotten really good at not losing mine and using them only when absolutely necessary, since I don’t have the Arketype bp. 

Ah, I really have no use for them at all outside of the dungeons, but we’ve lost a couple sets now and never seem to get them IN the dungeons. ? I managed to find one husk today after a few hours. Considering I had to pay for the engram to make them AND have to use potent dust to craft, it seems like there should be a higher drop rate for the main ingredient.

Random and unrelated, assuming you’re using a shotgun for the dungeons, what’s the damage and which type? I’ve been going back and forth.

56 minutes ago, KodahWomble said:

Ah, I really have no use for them at all outside of the dungeons, but we’ve lost a couple sets now and never seem to get them IN the dungeons. ? I managed to find one husk today after a few hours. Considering I had to pay for the engram to make them AND have to use potent dust to craft, it seems like there should be a higher drop rate for the main ingredient.

Random and unrelated, assuming you’re using a shotgun for the dungeons, what’s the damage and which type? I’ve been going back and forth.

I’ve gotten 2 in one dungeon before, but it is all up to the RNG for each specific type of loot chest. I do infinitely prefer the wings over the cutlasses and crowbars, though, especially because my server owner can make those without any struggle and neura husks aren’t easy to come by. And cutlasses serve no purpose for me whatsoever. As for potent dust, a few swamp cave runs should provide plenty. I’ve never had to grind up amber. I do think the drop rate needs an increase, though. 

I always take my pump action shotty  with me even though I use the compound bow more. The shotty is great for the bosses and my best does 343 damage. My best twin barrel does 449 damage, but I don’t always take this in with me. The rate of fire on the twin is faster but you have to reload more. The pump has a tighter spread, 6 shell “mag” and can be used from farther distances so I prefer it if I only take one. My best sword is 676 damage and spear is 374 damage. I think my cbow is 1082 damage. Apparently these are lower than some hard server damage stats, even though I play brutal. You’d think brutal might give slightly stronger gear and that brutal dungeons would give items with higher damage than 300... sorry if I took the tangent too far lol. 

What about you?

Archived