Rafts

MaxGamerflame

Rafts

I've built raft base in the past and would rotate it around ragnarok and would hide it in different spots but after a while so body overnight giga raided my raft base that was metal with plant x.  Would it be safe to park my raft crafting base in the corner of the map? I'm just worried that server hopping greifers would just fly around and find it. Also I've heard that rafts have a tendency to simply vanish! I play on Xbox one and on official  whenever I build a base in tHoes "Top 15 hidden base spots I'm always found within 13h. My best survival time was 2 weeks on a raft. That one was the giga raid. I've tried playing on non official servers like MTS but then I get raided by lvl 200 poison wyverns.

3 hours ago, MaxGamerflame said:

Rafts

I've built raft base in the past and would rotate it around ragnarok and would hide it in different spots but after a while so body overnight giga raided my raft base that was metal with plant x.  Would it be safe to park my raft crafting base in the corner of the map? I'm just worried that server hopping greifers would just fly around and find it. Also I've heard that rafts have a tendency to simply vanish! I play on Xbox one and on official  whenever I build a base in tHoes "Top 15 hidden base spots I'm always found within 13h. My best survival time was 2 weeks on a raft. That one was the giga raid. I've tried playing on non official servers like MTS but then I get raided by lvl 200 poison wyverns.

If there’s a video for the “top 15 hidden base spots”, logic dictates that at least one other person would have likely have seen the same video when hunting for rafts.

Also, a raft base will only work on Ragnarok due to the sheer body of water and Leeds not spawning so keep to that map if that’s your plan, though I’m yet to encounter a Leeds on Valguero.

3 minutes ago, Snipsnip said:

Raft bases should only be a last resort because no matter what map your are on or where you are parked someone with a raft and some thatch structures snapped to it can just D* ram your raft and take everything, even if your raft has turrets. 

This has been nerfed on PC. You can't place C4 on friendly or enemy structures on boats. They can sail up and rocket you boat but that is risky as they damage their boat as well.

6 hours ago, MaxGamerflame said:

Rafts

Rafts are a weak base if found. But are not easy to find. Their best quality is staying hidden.

I live the solo raft life on rag official pvp and have found some degree of success, longest time unraided being around 6 months. 

The one thing to bare in mind is the similar to any base on pvp someone is going to find you and get in while you’re offline eventually. The only way to counter this is only log off with stuff on your raft that you’re willing to lose, basically playing on the basis you’re going to get hit nightly.

Also motorboat > raft so make that a priority. 

16 hours ago, johnm81 said:

This has been nerfed on PC. You can't place C4 on friendly or enemy structures on boats. They can sail up and rocket you boat but that is risky as they damage their boat as well.

You can still place c4 on enemy rafts if the foundations aren’t sunk properly and you can also place c4 on a dodo in your ramming boat and blow that way. 

20 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

If there’s a video for the “top 15 hidden base spots”, logic dictates that at least one other person would have likely have seen the same video when hunting for rafts.

I could just imagine some bank robbers checking YouTube for a video called "Top 15 Places to Hide From NY City Cops When You've Just Robbed a Bank". Sponsored by NY City Police Dept. LOL. 

4 hours ago, Snipsnip said:

You can still place c4 on enemy rafts if the foundations aren’t sunk properly and you can also place c4 on a dodo in your ramming boat and blow that way. 

Yes that is true. IF they sink their foundations too low you can place the c4 on the exposed raft itself. C4 on animals are only good if the boat is unattended as they tend to get glitched out or pushed back into your own boat if you are dog fighting.

Archived