Jump to content

New ARK annoucement


shadowkyuubi

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is the deal with the count down, ideas and suggestions

so this count down, does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be, i have not solid good ideas so i want to hear u guys. i feel as though it will be either over hyped and then just turn out to be plain and boring, or it could be a decent update yet knowing wildcard will be half hearted, but give me ideas as to what will happen when the timer runs out, will another timer appear, will the forums go down, willl a purge event happen, will ark undergo a major needed reboot/ revamp, fixing everything wrong with it, will they add another map to suck out our cash, will they add new creatures, what could it be?, all ideas are welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it is a showcase of their latest design for embedded countdown timers.  At the end of the countdown, they will give us information about the specialty team of programmers it took to code the special embedded countdown timer.  Because it is a timer, it is likely a team of Swiss coders because they are great at making watches and stuff.

I can't want to meet the latest addition to the ARK dev-team, and let me be the first to say:  Congrats on ascending your countdown timer technology.  It's about TIME (pun intended)!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

what is the deal with the count down, ideas and suggestions

so this count down, does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be, i have not solid good ideas so i want to hear u guys. i feel as though it will be either over hyped and then just turn out to be plain and boring, or it could be a decent update yet knowing wildcard will be half hearted, but give me ideas as to what will happen when the timer runs out, will another timer appear, will the forums go down, willl a purge event happen, will ark undergo a major needed reboot/ revamp, fixing everything wrong with it, will they add another map to suck out our cash, will they add new creatures, what could it be?, all ideas are welcome.

They’ll wipe you, specifically, from the forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Valguerro was just released  this summer makes me think it cannot be another map so soon.

Unless it is of course announcing a new map for Christmas/New Years time period.

 

My guess is that they are implementing some of the game suggestions or a popular mod(s) into the vanilla game.  Nothing major, nothing ground breaking.  Just some QOL enhancements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

The fact that Valguerro was just released  this summer makes me think it cannot be another map so soon.

Unless it is of course announcing a new map for Christmas/New Years time period.

 

My guess is that they are implementing some of the game suggestions or a popular mod(s) into the vanilla game.  Nothing major, nothing ground breaking.  Just some QOL enhancements.

I'm no PR/ Marketing specialist but I've seen enough and played enough games to know that when the developers of an old game that they haven't touched in ages suddenly pipe up and start giving out free content it means only thing - they want to arouse interest in the game again to help sell a DLC or a sequel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I'm no PR/ Marketing specialist but I've seen enough and played enough games to know that when the developers of an old game that they haven't touched in ages suddenly pipe up and start giving out free content it means only thing - they want to arouse interest in the game again to help sell a DLC or a sequel.

Annnnnd, I'd also like to point out that the HMFIC Chris doesn't jump into a forum post to set the record straight unless money is at stake.  

Note to coders everywhere:  When your boss tasks you with creating a countdown banner for a huge product reveal worth $$$ - It's okay to reuse a banner skeleton but DETAIL DETAIL DETAIL!  lol  The marketing team will pin your hide to the wall bruh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a rough guess on the date and time figured in my chicago illinois timeline.  USA bro!

Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 1:09:41 pm  (Central Time)

It's probably a dev trying to keep track of the day it's his turn to take the kids shopping and buy them school supplies.  Wife prob yelled at him, "then write it down somewhere where you wont forget to look at it!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ark 2 (despite the coded message) would be surprising but not unexpected. From all the informations we have right now, I'd be more inclined to to say it's a new DLC.

Among what we know so far :
- Rockwell is "coming for us".

- Plenty of mentions of Arat Prime accross the Sanctuary.
- Coded message mentionning AP today on the web page => Possibly Arat Prime.

My own interpretation here :
I do see a lot of inspiration from the Halo franchise as well as from plenty of sci-fi books regarding the setting of this game. Just look at how element is pretty much sentient, but also corrupts everything it touches, like floods in Halo. The music on the countdown page is very reminescent of said game franchise, but also fits the tek theme recently seen with Ab + Extinction.

The main line of that possible DLC could easily follow this :
- Reseed Protocol is yet to be completed completed. As implied by Helena in the cutscene, ARKs will handle it over time.

- Rockwell most likely got his tentacles on infos regarding said protocol and most likely wants to stop it (or use it to his advantage).
- Will Helena guide us through this journey? (Cortana style)
- Final show will obviously happen at Arat Prime.
- DLC name : Ark Genesis

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SwitchDLCpls said:

(Fingers crossed) Nintendo updates lol pls WC

I could be down for this.  Got the Switch version for the kiddos and am impressed with how full-code ARK runs on the Switch, without a ground-up rework like the mobile version.

 

EDIT:  Based on stuff I have read here, I am now a bit worried that it is a VR thing.  Especially since the /G page has a VR-mode (I just noticed it, I'm slow), and most companies have been trying to lead gaming markets to what they want us to buy instead of what we want (the push for microtransactions and Phone-Ablo from Blizzard, to name a few).  VR would be the newest angle on leading consumers around by the nose, and while VR is certainly fun, a lot of people don't have a spare 800 bucks burning a hole in their pockets to drop on a VR headset-setup alongside whatever ungodly $10,000 computer it would take to run a serious version of ARK (not ARK Park, real, serious ARK) in smooth VR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...