New ARK annoucement

shadowkyuubi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im gonna go out on a limb here and its more of somthing i would like to see rather than a prediction.

At the end of Extintion we see all the arks returning to earth to reseed. What if some Atlas tech comes into play and make it possible to travel across arks without uploading. My best guess of how to achieve this would be to slightly revamp extinction and make all other ark types border it on the edges. You would just set a server as home or just choose which one you would like to visit as you reach the boundary from extinction. There would be alot more to work out but the idea of riding a wyv from my place on the center over to extinction without uploading would be neat. Possibly even a new map just to serve that purpose would get my interest.

3 hours ago, Jokov said:

yes, but what  about the "launch center of the osd"? they come from where in ext?

I’m not sure if there is a “launch center” as it seems each ARK is fully equipped and able to deploy OSDs, except for the damaged, corrupted ARK called Aberration. 

I’d be interested in seeing an explanation of the Scorched Earth ARK’s programming and why it demolishes any civilization that grows beyond a certain size or level of advancement. 

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

Im gonna go out on a limb here and its more of somthing i would like to see rather than a prediction.

At the end of Extintion we see all the arks returning to earth to reseed. What if some Atlas tech comes into play and make it possible to travel across arks without uploading. My best guess of how to achieve this would be to slightly revamp extinction and make all other ark types border it on the edges. You would just set a server as home or just choose which one you would like to visit as you reach the boundary from extinction. There would be alot more to work out but the idea of riding a wyv from my place on the center over to extinction without uploading would be neat. Possibly even a new map just to serve that purpose would get my interest.

You could implement a sort of fast travel...? There are thousands of ARKs and we have no idea how they will land, the density in which they will be arranged or the location or pattern of landing each specific ARK will take. Do they have a predetermined landing place or sequential ordering? 

Maybe a Tek phasegate structure will be introduced? They might only incorporate such things as a single player perk, though. 

Good question for SE (note)But in AB you can find some loot on the surface and underground.So the control centre of "loot" is working (there is some light in the high part of destroyed pillard, maybe still working )

Dont forget , SIr Rockwell and Santiago "communicate" with ARK , maybe sort of overseer? And he find in the ground a DNA room ,so i dont know  ^^".

39 minutes ago, nintendogamer7 said:

I’m not sure if there is a “launch center” as it seems each ARK is fully equipped and able to deploy OSDs, except for the damaged, corrupted ARK called Aberration. 

I’d be interested in seeing an explanation of the Scorched Earth ARK’s programming and why it demolishes any civilization that grows beyond a certain size or level of advancement. 

You could implement a sort of fast travel...? There are thousands of ARKs and we have no idea how they will land, the density in which they will be arranged or the location or pattern of landing each specific ARK will take. Do they have a predetermined landing place or sequential ordering? 

Maybe a Tek phasegate structure will be introduced? They might only incorporate such things as a single player perk, though. 

Like I said there would be alot of stuff to work out lol. Mostly i like how on atlas i can see and spawn on beds that are technically on another server. So even fast travel via beds from server to server would be a massive QOL feature, making it much easier to upkeep and manage different outposts on different arks.

21 hours ago, Ocicat said:

--snip -- hostile ... they ... don't want all these new survivors showing up taking their area ... --snip--

lol we already have that in the real players

Here is my wish if we are going the NPC route - NPC servants that do basic stuff like pick up poops and feed plants - like in Fallout.  Lol but I'm imaging using a bola to catch these guys and it's giggles city here.

1 hour ago, Jemcrystal said:

Here is my wish if we are going the NPC route - NPC servants that do basic stuff like pick up poops and feed plants - like in Fallout.  Lol but I'm imaging using a bola to catch these guys and it's giggles city here.

yeees, that would be one step closer to the stereotypical fantasy version of a british Big Game Hunter ... we have safari hat skin, the curly mustache, the longneck and of course all sorts of big game to hunt ... an Umbubu-NPC to carry my ammunition and guns would be a perfect addition ?

1349227182242.jpg

OK, so the newest change to the timer cycles through 4 different "elemental" symbols and a corresponding pic to the symbol in place of the beam. Perhaps different biomes, or boss arenas.ljybNyo.png?1

Poison/Swamp (Broodmother?)

9TqFEYd.pngFire/Lava/Volcano  (Dragon?)

p0ib1BT.pngSnow/Ice (Megapithacus?)

tD4U41m.pngWater/Ocean (New Aquatic Boss?)

ALSO, Is this a new WASD string? Or has this one been decoded already? I can't get a clear enough screenshot to accurately decipher this one. Can anyone help? 

MqhlKYJ.png

2 hours ago, PANICinc said:

OK, so the newest change to the timer cycles through 4 different "elemental" symbols and a corresponding pic to the symbol in place of the beam. Perhaps different biomes, or boss arenas.ljybNyo.png?1

Poison/Swamp (Broodmother?)

9TqFEYd.pngFire/Lava/Volcano  (Dragon?)

p0ib1BT.pngSnow/Ice (Megapithacus?)

tD4U41m.pngWater/Ocean (New Aquatic Boss?)

ALSO, Is this a new WASD string? Or has this one been decoded already? I can't get a clear enough screenshot to accurately decipher this one. Can anyone help? 

MqhlKYJ.png

Just a theory, what it instead of a new map (assuming thats what this countdown is about) we are getting 4 smaller single themed maps. Each with its own different challenges. 

The biggest thing I can think of that would make this not feasible is the additional servers to accommodate more maps even if there are less of them per type.

Just a thought.

Archived