New ARK annoucement

shadowkyuubi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

My guess is that they will repeat the Chronicles with monthly small content additions until the full Arat Prime DLC launches later in the year. I’d be happy with a repeat of the Chronicles if it means a nice long event to go with it.

That was one of my favorite colour events yet. So many nice combos

22 hours ago, TheDonn said:

I could be down for this.  Got the Switch version for the kiddos and am impressed with how full-code ARK runs on the Switch, without a ground-up rework like the mobile version.

EDIT:  Based on stuff I have read here, I am now a bit worried that it is a VR thing.  Especially since the /G page has a VR-mode (I just noticed it, I'm slow), and most companies have been trying to lead gaming markets to what they want us to buy instead of what we want (the push for microtransactions and Phone-Ablo from Blizzard, to name a few).  VR would be the newest angle on leading consumers around by the nose, and while VR is certainly fun, a lot of people don't have a spare 800 bucks burning a hole in their pockets to drop on a VR headset-setup alongside whatever ungodly $10,000 computer it would take to run a serious version of ARK (not ARK Park, real, serious ARK) in smooth VR.

I mentioned the VR mode earlier, but everyone seemed to ignore it. I highly doubt they’re releasing a VR version of the game. My bet is that the VR mode shows hidden clues that cannot be seen on the regular page, given the design and interaction components. I think it’s just being used as a “cool gimmick” to add complexity to the puzzle players are supposed to solve. 

We can tell more surely if anyone who plays ARK has a VR set to check it out, I’m sure there’s gotta be at least one player who has access to one. 

EDIT: I just noticed they added more rings. I wonder if VR allows you to move around the outside or through the rings, giving an unfixed perspective opposed to what we have now. Anyone have one or a friend with one?

Just in case no one noticed, there are now 7 separate strings to decode. Two permanent ones on the pylons that don’t have the timer on them, and 4 separate ones blinking in and out of existence in the space between pylons. They are not mirrored strings or reflections. 

EDIT: the dodo profile picture has been replaced by what looks like some sort of essence or void. 

one of them is saying something like "Decrypt incoming datastream" but the image quality is too low for me

ark1.thumb.jpg.3e331c43967125c53f3fc26cf2643a9f.jpg

53 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

What kind of decoder can decode hexagonal line ?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Ascension#ARK_Code

EDIT:

strings to the right are insane, because of symbols are overlapped with deco lines. it says " Verify UID fingeRPRift 724EA9458ED44B", but I'm not sure in last 5 chars and that second "f" in fingerprint

ARK2.thumb.jpg.265bea3bdde88938daf6febd6187b366.jpg

18 minutes ago, Utlagi said:

what if ab corrupted the earth beyond repair. the new dlc could be a new ark that will take us to a new planet which could be yet another dlc ?

I think it's a Space Station orbiting Earth. Not an Ark, but an actual giant space station where the surviving Ark engineers live(d).

It would make sense to have some sort of a space station in orbit with the Arks. In the event something went wrong on one of the stations, they would need a crew to repair it.

Plus, maybe we'll see where Extinction's Orbital Supply Drops came from.

12 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

I think it's a Space Station orbiting Earth. Not an Ark, but an actual giant space station where the surviving Ark engineers live(d).

It would make sense to have some sort of a space station in orbit with the Arks. In the event something went wrong on one of the stations, they would need a crew to repair it.

Plus, maybe we'll see where Extinction's Orbital Supply Drops came from.

The final ARK engineers all uploaded themselves into the system and became slaves to their system routines millennia ago, losing their humanity. All but one, and that one was the one who solved the resurrection problem (and helped Helena ascend or whatever it is she did) so that we could come back after death to overcome the broken loop the flawed ARK system had fallen into and defeat the purpose for its initial existence.

Each ARK contains a command center and process for proceeding through the system. There would be no need for a master center as each can function as one connecting to the greater array from any terminal and can act as command in the event of a catastrophic loss at any individual installation. There is no “crew”; overseers are responsible for things such as repairs along with previously stated digitized human consciousnesses. 

Pretty sure the supply drops come from the ARKs themselves once human presence is detected on the surface. 

23 hours ago, [EG] Comdriver W31 said:

one of them is saying something like "Decrypt incoming datastream" but the image quality is too low for me

EDIT:

strings to the right are insane, because of symbols are overlapped with deco lines. it says " Verify UID fingeRPRift 724EA9458ED44B", but I'm not sure in last 5 chars and that second "f" in fingerprint

Brilliant work! This references your other decodes as well. The vortex/glitch/distortion pylon string does seem to be indiscernible in its entirety. 

It could indeed mean fingerprint... or it could be a data corruption or error code or process interruption announcing “Rift” maybe in reference to the new default forum profile picture, a void/rift. If we can say one or the other with certainty and confirm the number string value for what it is supposed to be, it could mean something in ASCII or hexcode, ԱL or rN�E��K respectively. 

EDIT: what I could decipher of the vortex/distorted string seems to mention “AP Se onnection” maybe AP server connection? Or sever?

EDIT2: the codes on each pylon are identical! Both decode to “AP Secure Connection”

EDIT3: more info accumulated here, there is big data encoded into the image data behind what we can see in the banner loop: 

2780BB14-9CE0-4205-8B7D-C4609EC2F0FC.jpeg

F03D4327-EF25-4916-81B4-0660C0AC36C8.jpeg

It's not Ark 2!

So like everyone else I am intrigue by the last post on tweeter by the ark devs. The message says, "Is not Ark Two", however, I do believe is going to be a DLC which we will have to pay for. It is only fair as we just got a new gorgeous free map. Nevertheless, I think this is good news for the Ark family. This can only mean that there is a lot of new content to come. We already got Tek, Tek dinos, and dinos that are extremely powerful. The only thing we haven't seen in the last years of ark is new content directly invested in character creation and customization. I am hoping that it is new tek things. Perhaps even special abilities to tek dinos included. 

Things we can expect:

1. New map. With every DLC a new map has come to implement new dinos and new items.

2. Pay DLC.

3. New items: New tek, New building parts, and perhaps New armors.

4. a totally new biome. ( so far we have a desert, a forest, a snow, a tropic, and a aberration). We might be lucky an get an Atlantis like biome or perhaps an inferno biome. Something extreme which will allow us to use this new gear. OR at least give new gear a purpose. 

5. Last but not least, the story hasn't ended. It has just began. At least that is how extinction closes. All arks are falling back to earth prime. And extinction was at the heart of that earth. The last scene reveals how we are in the middle of earth. What might be new is us walking in between ark...is a crazy idea but totally possible. Remember they used that new technology with Atlas. Maybe all maps will be connected in clusters of 6. It is a far fetch idea but totally possible. 

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking new DLC. It won't be part of the season pass so we'll have to pay for it (and Wildcard can make some money to keep the game going). There will have to be some new gimmick with whatever biome(s) they give us, whether they're new or older biomes with a new twist. As with every new official map there will likely be new creatures and new engrams. People are speculating it's Arat Prime which was teased in Extinction which is probably a solid prediction.

Here's what I'm hoping for: hostile NPCs. Maybe they're corrupted by Rockwell, maybe they live in Arat Prime and don't want all these new survivors showing up taking their area. Maybe give them a more clever AI to add to the challenge, something akin to the NPCs in the Forest. No matter what they do, if it's a new map, I'll likely buy it. Despite all Ark's flaws it's still one of the most enjoyable games I've played and will continue to play for the foreseeable future.

Keep up the good work Wildcard.

P.S. Fix Aberrant Dimorph breeding to actually hatch Aberrant Dimorphs. 

38 minutes ago, Jokov said:

i like the idea of space station .or a ARK not finished in space /proto ARK .

7 days  guys 7 days , (omg so long  ? )

The ARKs are already space stations... an ARK space station would be like Dead Space without the Necromorphs... just a big, metal shell with not much to do except explore and learn about lore, which would be cool but probably be trashed by the community as crap. 

The proto ARKs are already on Earth... you experience them in Extinction. The ARKs construction process would be interesting to learn because I feel like they were constructed on Earth and launched into space. So, I don’t know if we could find a construction in progress in space. They form a sort of protective shield/network/net around the globe. It is a finished system. 

Archived