New ARK annoucement

shadowkyuubi

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Ann1eSpr1nkle said:

is this real? https://survivetheark.com/g/

i’ve been sent this (displays a 12 day timer) but i can’t find it anywhere on the website. is this a real timer or a fake?

https://survivetheark.com/g/ 

It is real. It was tweeted earlier and the decoded message leads to this countdown.

Extinction and Aberration were both announced around this time o' year, so I would hope for a DLC, maybe with Arat Prime?
Then again, this is ARK - they might end up doing a good clean job of letting us all down
I am glad that they've said that it isn't an ARK 2, though, I would hate to loose all of the beautiful mods we've received through the years

2 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

In the source-code it says "Contest_CountdownTimer"... Maybe it just tells us when winners of the mod-contest will be announced. So nothing special I guess. :D 

Good observation, but are they really gonna wait 10days after the finals to announce the winners? 

FINALS ENDING IN

1 : 14 : 24 : 37

ENTRY PERIOD: 05/31/2019 02:00 AM (CEST) - 06/30/2019 02:00 AM (CEST)

PRELIMINARIES: 06/30/2019 02:00 AM (CEST) - 07/15/2019 02:00 AM (CEST)

SPOTLIGHTS: 07/15/2019 02:00 AM (CEST) - 07/22/2019 02:00 AM (CEST)

FINALS: 07/22/2019 02:00 AM (CEST) - 07/29/2019 02:00 AM (CEST)

FINALIZATION OF WINNERS: 07/29/2019 02:00 AM (CEST) - 07/31/2019 02:00 AM (CEST)

• Administrator
10 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

In the source-code it says "Contest_CountdownTimer"... Maybe it just tells us when winners of the mod-contest will be announced. So nothing special I guess. :D 

What you're seeing is an error in the JS for the Mod Contest Countdown timer script. Nothing at all to do with the new 'mystery' countdown banner I put up. But thanks for pointing that out, i'll let Josh know he needs to fix it ;) 

If I remember correctly, there was a big hullabaloo about a countdown timer prior to Extinction that left a lot of folk, who predicted something awesome to come of it, rather disappointed.

So, as for myself, I am not expecting much, but, I am still curious as to what will come of this.

from that twitter image I get the code: dsaddwasdsswaswsdsdwdsdwaswwdsdw

which when put in the decoder tells me "ark.gg/g" 

which really does not shed a lot of light on things for me.

1 hour ago, Rattasaur said:

If I remember correctly, there was a big hullabaloo about a countdown timer prior to Extinction that left a lot of folk, who predicted something awesome to come of it, rather disappointed.

So, as for myself, I am not expecting much, but, I am still curious as to what will come of this.

from that twitter image I get the code: dsaddwasdsswaswsdsdwdsdwaswwdsdw

which when put in the decoder tells me "ark.gg/g" 

which really does not shed a lot of light on things for me.

If I remember correctly you are correct and it was because a lot of people were like "Omg the new ark thing is coming!" but instead it was just the ANNOUNCEMENT that in like 9 months extinction would be a thing lol.

Has anyone noticed you can click on the forum banner for a video loop and interact with it on touch screens? Anyone have a VR device to see what happens when you connect and explore it that way? I don’t have VR otherwise I’d try it myself. It seems pretty interestingly mysterious or it could just be a cool gimmick of the timer with no additional purpose than the “cool factor.”

1 hour ago, OpticallyInsane said:

This seems like an update for SOTF, considering the music used on https://survivetheark.com/g/ sounds like a remixed version of countdown from the ost. 

Reminds me more of one of the intros to Ascension music, possibly the Island Ascension ? I can kinda see the countdown vibes however (also an appropriate title) but I wouldnt say that points to a SOTF revival, its more of a stock music used. Like the 'Let Survival Commence (Survival of the fittest)' OST was used at one point for all the dossier announcements. To me it all points to Ascension and continuing the story.

Archived