Unsolved Mysteries

nintendogamer7

Unsolved Mysteries

Heya all, mysteries I can currently think of that are still unsolved:

• Evil cuddle bears (my theory is they reduce food consumption more than normal/pink bears)
  • New creatures added/coming we haven’t seen and any special abilities they may have (already know daeodon, Noctis; we know troodon, megatherium, and possibly pegos and jerboas coming). This totals 6 new creatures of the original 4 redactions in the release post seen here: 
  • Also from the linked post above... there is an ADDITIONAL 4th entrance to the dungeons besides the three obelisks (red, blue, green) which NO ONE has figured out or even talked about. Hell, I bet most people didn’t even notice it. Anyone got any ideas? 

Anything I’m missing? Please let me know so I can include it here! Thanks! Hoping to resolve these mysteries!

Off topic EDIT: I’ve figured out the disappearing eggs from flying/bird tames when breeding if anyone is interested, since it seems the issue hasn’t been resolved yet. 

9 minutes ago, KodahWomble said:

I’d love to know what you’ve figured out about the disappearing fertilized eggs cause it’s really pissing me off.

Have you noticed it in any species besides those with wings? I’ve only been breeding winged creatures lately so I don’t know how accurate my idea may be, but I’ve noticed it may be linked to unfertilized eggs/poop in the immediate breeding area, especially if there’s a considerable concentration of dinos. I’ve seen it in argies, archaes, griffins (rarely), tapes (very rarely), and dodos. It is by far most common among my argies and occasionally my archaes (I breed them both in the same 3-story hatchery building).

It has never happened to me after I’ve gone round and picked up as many eggs and poos as I can around what I’m breeding (including any incubating ferts), unless the female decides to poop at the exact same time. Otherwise, I’ve noticed it happens more frequently when there are many other eggs and poos on the ground. I’ve had it happen to 3 separate birds and breeding groups at once. Fair warning though, the immediate area I’m breeding in has upwards of 70+ dinos within rendering distance.

You can tell immediately from a distance because there’s no cry/male gesture when the hearts stop. Up close you get the same thing with the added info of an immediate max/very high cooldown timer when the egg should be lain. I think it only involves decaying/expiring creature “dropped” objects and not structures/player dropped materials (eggs/poo from player drops contribute as they do for creatures).

How does this compare with what you’ve noticed, if anything?

3 hours ago, Oranin said:

I saw posts of a fire unicorn that was obtainable the first time dungeons launched and was tamed with carrots..

I remember seeing one in a video but this could be a fake secret dungeon boss

they added sarco skin, possible adding items to level up dungeons to alpha level?

@Oranin yes, the hell horse thing is not fake but is the Noctis I mentioned above. Something like 1 in 1000 chance to replace normal dungeon boss. Although for the Blitz event they just mentioned coming the week of August 3rd the will chances drop to 1 in 500. 

That’s a good point! I noticed the sarco skin being added but had no clue why. I thought it was just part of the original tlc code. You may be on to something though. They may have plans for it to do something like that. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, SpinoDestroyer13 said:

According to one of the dev interviews (pretty sure), they other way to get into the dungeons is a new tek item

You mean like a mobile exclusive Tek item? Besides the implant chamber? They’ve made no mention of it, but what could it be?

EDIT: Do you know the source so I can check it out? Like which interview?

New mystery: are the pegos and jerboas coming to the island? I have looked for the daeodon and megatherium dossier locations and they’re not there, but the pego and the jerboa do have dossiers. I know the devs said most creatures in the near future will be released in the dungeon, but i am really confused about the dossiers. 

EDIT: another mystery: the line in the megapithecus pt note about the element turning the small large and the large small? Tiny giga theories??

@SpinoDestroyer13 Wardum initially stated that ALL future creatures in the game would be introduced through the dungeons. Dossiers will all be on the island even if the creature is only released in dungeon. They might change their mind, so who knows. They still haven’t added any of them in. 

Okay, so that brings up a theory I formulated from the boss notes after the first dungeon. This new character initially made me think she is Rockwell’s niece. The notes are obviously older and describe the interaction of element with the creatures (possibly explaining the boss origins, although the frog boss has been biologically operated on and potentially infused with eery element). It is the eery element causing creatures to be eery and change size. No tiny Gigas will be in dungeons any time soon anyway. But the notes are tendrils into new original lore for the ARK Mobile game. The bosses and eery creatures could be the results of this niece’s experiments with eery element. 

Oh, yes, I know that you are right about the dossiers. I was just saying that any dossiers released will be on the island. You’re right that there isn’t a daeodon dossier that we know of as yet anywhere on the island. 

I believe there will be eery gigas eventually, maybe as mini minions in a boss room or something. Good idea, it’ll just take them a while to scale the meshing and hit boxes appropriately so they don’t send us flying through the map. 

I play only on mobile, but for the coordinates, sorry, I can‘t remember where, since I found it when the Daeodons are being released in the first Dungeon.

I have all the dossiers, and I apologize that I can‘t help you on this dossier.

Look, I will roam around the island a bit, perhaps it would come in mind where I have found it.

Perhaps this can help if the dossier is on the island and not in a cave, just start the Exploring Notes Trivia, and it will show you all the notes missing one after another.

If it shows no coordinates or tells there is no note, than this dossier can be found in a cave, but I‘m sure that I haven‘t found it in the Southern Cave, or the Snow Cave, or the Middle Cave.

Archived