Mutation stacking question

MidgetMuller

Mutation stacking question

Hello, I just started mutating my Allos and was had a couple of questions based around the mutation counter in the ancestry page. I'm breeding my Allos according to how Syntacs guide explains ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i4UhvvS7ug ). I've gotten my two Perfect Parents (Level 294) with 0/20 on both Matrilineal and Patrilineal sides. My first mutation I kept was a weight mutation and the counter on the Matrilineal went to 1/20. I raised it up replaced her with my Allo "Perfect F" so it could mate with "Perfect M". I then waited a while so I could hatch eggs in bulk, out of the "X" many eggs I hatched I got two mutated Allos that I wanted to keep. One had a color I wanted, the other had a stat I wanted. The Allo I wanted the color from was level 298 like it should be and in the mutation counter it has 2/20 on the matrilineal side and 0/20 on the patrilineal. Then when I looked at the other 298 Allo with the stat mutation that I'm planning on keeping and slotting into the breeding cycle. In it's mutation counter it shows 1/20 on both sides. The questions this gave me are...

1. Should I continue to raise and then slot in the 298 stat Allo with 1/20 on the patrilineal and matrilineal side? Or will this cause problems down the line?
  2. Is there anyway to prevent the mutations from going to either the matrilineal/patrilineal side? Or is it just up to RNG?
  3. Should I only look to breed stat mutations that have a X/20 on either pat/matrilineal and 0/20 on the other?

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm new to breeding/mutating in ARK so some of this might be complete jibberish but I hope I explained it well enough. If anyone has any tips let me know, thank you!

Doesn't matter which side it comes from - it only shows you which parent was the lucky one to provide the mutation. Children of the dino which had 2/20 on one and 0/20 on the other will have 2/20 on the side of this parent. And children from a dino with 1/20 on both parents will also have 2/20 on the side this dino is at. So its exactly the same in regards to further breeding.

In addition getting the mutation counter increased on the father side doesn't even mean that a stat from the father mutated - even if the counter goes op for the father side the child can have an increased stat from the mothers stats.

The only thing you need to care about is that you can only get new mutations if one of the parents has a sum of less than 20 mutation points on it else you cannot get a new mutation. In regards to probabilities you have a 5% chance for a new mutation if both parents are below 20/20 and 2.5% if only one is below so you want to keep both parents below that limit for as long as you can - obviously if you already have 20 dmg-mutations on a dino you cannot get it any lower than 20 but you can avoid to stack the counter before you reach the 20 by only breeding mutated dinos with completely unmutated ones instead of breeding 2 mutated ones together.

Archived