Kibble re work

Highlancer179

Kibble re work

What is with the kibble re work, I left ark before it was put into the game and now that I am back as a solo player it makes no sense now. Like how do you go up in tiers? None of the Dino for extra small egg tame the next tier up and so on and so forth...how the hell is a newbie to get better Dino’s without spending hours on end 

25 minutes ago, Highlancer179 said:

Kibble re work

What is with the kibble re work, I left ark before it was put into the game and now that I am back as a solo player it makes no sense now. Like how do you go up in tiers? None of the Dino for extra small egg tame the next tier up and so on and so forth...how the hell is a newbie to get better Dino’s without spending hours on end 

First off, this game isn’t built for solo players so no sympathies there. Secondly, the tiers are only important for imprinting kibble because the highest tier will tame almost all creatures with the best taming effectiveness.

The old system was better tame a crap Dino get to the next, least then you could actually move up, but in order to tame say a Rex, you would first need to tame a bronto, Rex, or giga....and you say that now but when everyone has to start over due to the duping then what? And don’t tell me they won’t last time duping was a problem they did legacy....bet ur base that it will be the same now 

56 minutes ago, Highlancer179 said:

The old system was better tame a crap Dino get to the next, least then you could actually move up, but in order to tame say a Rex, you would first need to tame a bronto, Rex, or giga

The same pretty much applies here with the new system. Tame a pair of low level crap Rexes and start making kibble for that high level awesome Rex you really want to get 100% taming on.

59 minutes ago, Highlancer179 said:

The old system was better tame a crap Dino get to the next, least then you could actually move up, but in order to tame say a Rex, you would first need to tame a bronto, Rex, or giga....and you say that now but when everyone has to start over due to the duping then what? And don’t tell me they won’t last time duping was a problem they did legacy....bet ur base that it will be the same now 

but now you can spend a little time taming some low level rex hens and be able to tame nearly every animal with their eggs, you dont need 15 scorps to tame rexes and then 20 rexes to get a Q and 10 Qs for a mosa.

I also do not like the new kibble system.  And I hated the old one.  They are both hard to learn and tedious.  Not newbie friendly.  And the first tier, extra small egg, is insanely useless waste of implement.  TOO MANY INGREDIENTS.  If it had been up to me I would have made gigas, wyverns, rexes, and quetzals harder to tame rather than making their kibble harder to make.

23 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

I also do not like the new kibble system.  And I hated the old one.  They are both hard to learn and tedious.  Not newbie friendly.  And the first tier, extra small egg, is insanely useless waste of implement.  TOO MANY INGREDIENTS.  If it had been up to me I would have made gigas, wyverns, rexes, and quetzals harder to tame rather than making their kibble harder to make.

Sorry Jemcrystal, but I strongly have to disagree. I've seen quite a few of your replies on other forums topics come by lately and most are quite negative regarding game mechanics, which alot of other Ark players seem happy about.. 

On topic, they made the kibble system less complicated then it was, improving on new player friendliness, without completely makinging it way too easy. In games like Ark , there is a learning and progression curve. Making it that if you first invest in something, you'll make it easier for yourself in the long run. 

Not every beach bob is meant to have 100% tame efficiency max lvl rexes from the get go. Instead you tame some low lvl rexes, gather some ingredients, plant some veggies and then you can go and get your nice high lvl pets. 

And lets be honest, how hard is it to look up how to make Focal Chili and cook some for the kibble that can tame almost all dinos in Ark.. If someone can't be bothered to look that up (or read the in-game notes on that) then maybe they shouldn't have max lvl tames..

1 hour ago, Jemcrystal said:

There are a lot of sympathies there.  You are the only one who has mentioned being unsympathic.

Where are these sympathies? The game is literally built for group play i.e. tribes and alliances. You can’t demand a game to made easier for you just because you choose to play solo in a multiplayer game mode.

Single player exists for this very reason and is balanced as such. As far the kibble rework, the main people who continue to complain are those playing solo because they don’t have the aid of tribe members.

I understand people wanting a gateway dino into each tier but again that will make the game even easier than it already is since the re-work. You aren’t prepared to to do crap low level tame into the next higher tier.

As for the ingredients, how exactly are there too many? It’s almost as if you want everything right away without the effort. Kind of defeats the point of a survival game.

Actually I think the new kibble system works great for solo and any tribe size. 
Just from experiencing starting afresh on Valguero:

Level up enough to craft narcs/arrow, and to saddle and tame a berry gatherer (for easier narc berries), and a small flier using raw meat.
Next, find where the ovis's are (fortunately plentiful on valg), 
Now can easily tame a handful of rex's using mutton, (or raw meat if you're so inclined), and from those eggs can tame 95% of everything else on the map, without having to tame 50 billion other things to get otherwise useless eggs. 
After you have the rex's you can then build up other tier eggs - if you're so inclined, but without the need for jerky on the top two tier kibbles, you don't need to push tame cap to have a useful egg farm.
ersonally I like to keep out scorps, argies, rex's, and yutis/Deinons; argies cos they are so useful and breeding them is near essential. scorps cos who else is going to eat all that spoiled meat in the troughs, and their egg kibble tame a lot of utility dinos so I can save the higher tier kibble for other things.
And the yuti/Deinons for top tier, cos I love thyla's, and that's really the only way to get them, or anything 'special', and will imprint any kibble request. :)
The 'new' kibble system works well (now), and should have been done a long time ago.

17 hours ago, Highlancer179 said:

Kibble re work

Simple.

Berries, meat and mutton.

Tame low levels on 2x weekends and your problems are solved.

Archived