Ark End-Game-Dinos

poorMankind

Ark End-Game-Dinos

Since a friend of mine is starting fresh, he asked me what dinos he will need to go for (in terms of trading - Official PVE) to kill all Bosses  (aka Endgame/Engrams).

So I wanted to hear the opinion from experience people that did it all. He is playing only in a small groupe, consider that it should be possible with 3-4 Players.

In my mind, there are 5 essencial Dinos to do it all (I listed the bosses and the dinos that you could buy right now for the most efficiant kill):

Island:

Broodmother: Rex

Ape: Rex

Dragon: Rex, Megaloceros, Velo

Overseer: Rex, Velo

Explanation:

Broodmother and Ape are like most bosses an easy kill: Get strong rexes and whistle them to attack your target fight (Why Rexes? you can easily use them for 3 of 4 Bosses on Island, they are super high bred and their high base hp&dmg is all you Need)

Since engram changes made the Island Dragon more appealing than just the free kill on Ragnarok, most People seem to struggle with the Alpha kill. My Group (4 Players) did it with Theriz in the beginning, but we changed to the Megaloceros and Velo tactic (since we can kill Alpha Drake with only 4 Players and 4 Dinos (2x Rex, 1xMegalo & 1x Velo). It's far easier than managing a horde of theriz. Plus we don't need to farm a lot (shotgun ammo, Veggi cakes, etc.)

For Overseer we are currently only using Rexes and Velos. Velos only to save ammo. 4 Players, everyone on a Velo with 2 rexes to kill Overseer while in boss forms. 

Ragnarok:

Manti & Dragon: Rex

Scorched Earth:

Manti: Rex

Explanation: The currently bred rexes exceed with over 2k dmg (lvled) every dinos there. Just whistle them on attack & you will be able to kill it solo quite easy.

Aberration:

Rockwell: Rock Drake/Raptor

Explanation: I only did Rockwell with Rock Drakes (High dmg Shotguns are prob. the most important part for this fight), but I have seen Videos of People doing it on Raptors only. (Beta atleast solo?!) So in terms of efficiency they maybe outvalue Rock Drakes, since good ones are harder to get). But Maybe you guys have more insight on this.

Extinction:

Gigas

Explanation: Since you need the Meks to kill king Titan, a Giga is the best way to farm Red and Purple OSD and therefore farming Meks. I also wonder about the least amount of people you would need to manage...

Center:

Rex

I only did Center bosses once. It was quite at the beginning of the game & there was a cave like corner where you should just stand shoot with the Action pump gun, without beeing able to get hit (even from the ape's stone toss). Quite an easy solo kill. But things changed for sure. So for dinos: Rexes (Hands down)

My list would contain:

Rex, Giga, Rock Drake (Raptors?), Megaloceros, Velo

Notes:

Daedons, Yutis and all other supporting dinos kinda got obsolete in my opinion. They are still usefull, but at this point, dinos are so far bred, that not using them, should not decide if you are able to kill the boss or not. But in terms of efficiancy, a Yuti should always be at the Party ;)

If you guys know a more efficiant way, please let me know! I'm eager to hear it ?

9 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Theri. Can kill all bosses. 

Maybe add a Giga to clear out tek cave.

well, not having a dino for mounted combat at Rockwell seems more like a disadvantage to me. Tho I never tried it with theriz! ;)

For Theriz: I agree that they are the only ones that could prob. kill any boss! (since Rexes won't survive Island Dragon without a lot of tank rotations). Altho efficiancy wise Theriz are not bred enough to compare to Rexes. Their base HP & Dmg (because you can buy rexes close to 1k dmg base Right now) outweights the Veggi Cake Advantage  of theriz that hatch with 700+ dmg. If the Theriz would be bred to a Point they could compare with the Rex Damage wise right now, then yes. I also would agree on Theriz. (Plus: farming massiv amounts of veggi cakes if you need the HP-reg Advantage is also something to consider)

2 hours ago, poorMankind said:

well, not having a dino for mounted combat at Rockwell seems more like a disadvantage to me. Tho I never tried it with theriz! ;)

For Theriz: I agree that they are the only ones that could prob. kill any boss! (since Rexes won't survive Island Dragon without a lot of tank rotations). Altho efficiancy wise Theriz are not bred enough to compare to Rexes. Their base HP & Dmg (because you can buy rexes close to 1k dmg base Right now) outweights the Veggi Cake Advantage  of theriz that hatch with 700+ dmg. If the Theriz would be bred to a Point they could compare with the Rex Damage wise right now, then yes. I also would agree on Theriz. (Plus: farming massiv amounts of veggi cakes if you need the HP-reg Advantage is also something to consider)

Theri's hit two times to every one Rex bite though so dps wise a 700 dmg Theri's hitting for 728 vs 620 for a Rex with 1k melee. 

In this case it'd have to be determined on how fast a 16k hp hatch Theri gets to 21k hp and what's left for melee vs all levels into melee in a Rex (since 30k hp seems like it'd be plenty with max saddles and that amount of melee for most fights)

At this point with stats as they are, it's hard to go wrong with either choice.

12 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

ok. I did some testing (live official Server and non dedicated one)

First: it seems the Theri does not hit twice. Atleast the game does handles it damage wise as one hit (or the second hit is a fraction of the main hit). How do i know? First, there was someone who testet dino DPS. It's quite an old post, but he also wrote that the second attack damage was too marginal to even be counted in. 

So I tested this second attack (and Overall dps) on the non dedicated Server. No extra Damage numbers were visible. I also confirmed this (the visible numbers) on actual Dino hit Points. The testsubject always was a Bronto. Visible damage numbers match the missing HP after one hit. Not a single damage more.

I also testet Rex und Theri dps against a Trainings Dummy. Now, this is something thats very interesting and maybe is the source of the belie Theriz would hit twicef: Theriz seem to do more Damage against the Trainings Dummy than on actual Dino (like the Brontos i tested on!). Maybe because it is handled as the Thatch structure (Building) and not as a Dino. 

The Theri DPS was about 40% higher against the Trainings Dummy than agains the Bronto.

If we follow this correctly and account that the DPS given by PuffyPony is correctly (74.4 DPS Rex compared to 62.4 DPS of the Theri), Theriz are far behind the Rex DPS. 

The highest Theriz I'v seen sold so far will hatch at 16k hp and 708% Damage (yea, there my be even better out there now, but so will the rexes). If you imprint it on 100% you only have to spend 2 Levels to get it to 21k hp (this is the max you should go, since you are using the maximum efficiancy of a veggi cake). Leaving you with About 60 Points to put in melee Damage (why 60? to get 62 lvl on a dino is somewhere more realistic than the max lvl cap). This would lead to closely 1700% Damage on the Theri. 

Now, don't Forget that the base damage of the Rex is  higher. So a 1700% Theri cannot be compared to a 1700% Rex. 

In conclusion: a 2200% Rex would outperforme a 1700% theri Damage wise by far. (to visialise that. A Rex with approx. 2150% would hit with about 1300 Damage while a Theri with 2150% would hit for 1100. Testet on Brontos again)

But please prove me wrong. Maybe I have missed something here!

Anyway: two factors that benefits the Theri the most is the Heal from the Veggi cake and their smooth Collider :) But in Terms of efficiency, Rexes would do the Job for most Bosses quite faster.

41 minutes ago, poorMankind said:

ok. I did some testing (live official Server and non dedicated one)

First: it seems the Theri does not hit twice. Atleast the game does handles it damage wise as one hit (or the second hit is a fraction of the main hit). How do i know? First, there was someone who testet dino DPS. It's quite an old post, but he also wrote that the second attack damage was too marginal to even be counted in. 

So I tested this second attack (and Overall dps) on the non dedicated Server. No extra Damage numbers were visible. I also confirmed this (the visible numbers) on actual Dino hit Points. The testsubject always was a Bronto. Visible damage numbers match the missing HP after one hit. Not a single damage more.

I also testet Rex und Theri dps against a Trainings Dummy. Now, this is something thats very interesting and maybe is the source of the belie Theriz would hit twicef: Theriz seem to do more Damage against the Trainings Dummy than on actual Dino (like the Brontos i tested on!). Maybe because it is handled as the Thatch structure (Building) and not as a Dino. 

The Theri DPS was about 40% higher against the Trainings Dummy than agains the Bronto.

If we follow this correctly and account that the DPS given by PuffyPony is correctly (74.4 DPS Rex compared to 62.4 DPS of the Theri), Theriz are far behind the Rex DPS. 

The highest Theriz I'v seen sold so far will hatch at 16k hp and 708% Damage (yea, there my be even better out there now, but so will the rexes). If you imprint it on 100% you only have to spend 2 Levels to get it to 21k hp (this is the max you should go, since you are using the maximum efficiancy of a veggi cake). Leaving you with About 60 Points to put in melee Damage (why 60? to get 62 lvl on a dino is somewhere more realistic than the max lvl cap). This would lead to closely 1700% Damage on the Theri. 

Now, don't Forget that the base damage of the Rex is  higher. So a 1700% Theri cannot be compared to a 1700% Rex. 

In conclusion: a 2200% Rex would outperforme a 1700% theri Damage wise by far. (to visialise that. A Rex with approx. 2150% would hit with about 1300 Damage while a Theri with 2150% would hit for 1100. Testet on Brontos again)

But please prove me wrong. Maybe I have missed something here!

Anyway: two factors that benefits the Theri the most is the Heal from the Veggi cake and their smooth Collider :) But in Terms of efficiency, Rexes would do the Job for most Bosses quite faster.

The Theri fake double tap was a good catch. I've never tested with damage numbers on. 

I wonder if it use to hit twice?

So, yep. Rex definitely stronger. I started using Theri's once they were hitting 9.2k hp, 396 melee and have carried them through all Island and the Rag fight. Never lost a Theri in Brood, Monkey, or Overseer. Lost 2 in a solo Rag attempt. Lost a lot to Beta and Alpha Island Dragon but have definitely lost Rex's so guess I really just like the cake heal and bees are easy tames, sap is plentiful, and vegetables are not much of a chore either so worth that added comfort for me.

Still, I play on PS4 and I did all those fights with no more than 9.5k hp, 431 melee hatches so 16k, 708m isn't even a challenge nor is 29k, 1k. Lol. 

You can't choose wrong.

17 hours ago, poorMankind said:

So I wanted to hear the opinion from experience people that did it all. He is playing only in a small groupe, consider that it should be possible with 3-4 Players.

Alpha Drake on Island will stay a real boss fight for smaller groups. We did it with 4 players, so.. dunno if that would work with 3 players.

Set-up used with 4 Players:

Dinos:

2 Rexes (32k hp, ~2100-2200% damage) 

1 Velonasaur (5,5k Hp, 4,3k stam, 1100% damage)

1 Megaloceros (8k hp, 700% damage)

Stuff used per players:

2x set of (crafted) Flak armor

1x Shotgun with 150 ammo

4x crafted healing Food (+400 Health over time)

25-50 healing brew

aaaaaand thats it. :D 

Last kill with this set-up: 25.07.2019

I can only recommend going with this set-up. You only need 4 dinos... And some expirince tho.

Archived