How do I counter someone who is reporting me to be a jerk?

Jemcrystal

Our bases are next to each other.  They keep asking me to remove more of my pillars and give them more room.  But I put the pillars there for a reason.  When I don't comply they yell at me that they will report me for blocking their base building.  But I got there first so the land should be mine.  However, the Admin seems to side with whoever does the reporting not who is right or wrong.

Official pve

Were you there first or were they? If they can verify they were there first you might have a hard case ahead..

If you were there first just keep steady. Dont lash out to their accusations, they are trying to get a rise out of you to get you to do something report worthy. If they keep doing it just put a counter ticket in explaining the situation in a clear, calm and precise manner. If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.

I was there first but Admin is siding with them and issued me a warning. 

They are building their base fast and big.  They are getting me on the "don't block other player's base building" but they are growing INTO my pillars.  If the admin checked the dates s/he would see my pillars were standing there alone for a long time before this tribe came along. 

I also do not log in as much as they do so they accuse me of "taking land and not playing."  They are trying to work up general chat to get more people to report me. 

The admin gave me a warning not to block their building.  So I removed a bunch of pillars around their base to make sure they had plenty of room.  Then one of their "buddies" not tribed with them built a trap in the spot where I removed the pillars.  He followed me around on his flying mount cussing me out but I did not have my screen recorder on.  They intend for him to claim I block land where they could build traps as well.

4 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

I was there first but Admin is siding with them and issued me a warning. 

They are building their base fast and big.  They are getting me on the "don't block other player's base building" but they are growing INTO my pillars.  If the admin checked the dates s/he would see my pillars were standing there alone for a long time before this tribe came along. 

I also do not log in as much as they do so they accuse me of "taking land and not playing."  They are trying to work up general chat to get more people to report me. 

The admin gave me a warning not to block their building.  So I removed a bunch of pillars around their base to make sure they had plenty of room.  Then one of their "buddies" not tribed with them built a trap in the spot where I removed the pillars.  He followed me around on his flying mount cussing me out but I did not have my screen recorder on.  They intend for him to claim I block land where they could build traps as well.

Edit: Just noticed the tag, so ignore my comment.

If you’re unofficial, move servers. Any time rules show a little grey area, or the admin shows any signs of favouritism, it’s time to go.

Though I find it strange that any unofficial server would even allow the use of pillaring so you’re probably on official and using the incorrect terminology for admin. You must mean GM (game master)?

Interesting topic.

My friend is in constant fear of getting devwiped because 1 in 10 people joining the server want to build on herbi island and it's already taken. Complains vary from nonsense like "blocking player spawns" to more legit ones "resource blocking" and "herbi has no carnivores and is perfect to tame an anky".

Resource argument is just an excuse - herbi island has very few nodes and is far away from mainland. No one sane would farm metal there unless they also have a base at that island.

Safe anky tame makes sense. I agree on that, but building is allowed on that island and doesn't violate CoC, yet entitled players like to whine about not being able to build anywhere they want and encourage each other and newbs to report my friends who live on that island.

Back on topic. So what is there to do in situation like this(OP)? Counter report nasty neighbors once a week and hope they will get warning and wipe sooner than you? is there any way to have a conversation with GM to solve it before they go wiping everything left and right?

22 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Our bases are next to each other.  They keep asking me to remove more of my pillars and give them more room.  But I put the pillars there for a reason.  When I don't comply they yell at me that they will report me for blocking their base building.  But I got there first so the land should be mine.  However, the Admin seems to side with whoever does the reporting not who is right or wrong.

Official pve

First thing in this situation is to screen shot their conversations with you.  That’s gives the gm some reference to how the conversation has proceeded.

your best defense is to screenshot anything they say in local or global.  If you have allies online when you are not have them screenshot them asking others to report you. harassment is against the CoC.  To show harassment you need to show that it’s a constant issue.  Having a gm already come out is a good thing, especially if you followed the gm’s directions.   You can point to that having happened and that the other tribe is just continuing their campaign against you to the point of harassment.

if someone is following you around cursing at you,  then that’s when taking video helps since it’s hard to encapsulate that into a few pictures.  That would also be harassment and is a bannable offense,  but you kind of need that video to show them following you and the chat bubbles popping up with the chatter recorded in order to make a strong case.   Screenshots work fine when you are compiling a constant flow of harassment over time,  dates and times and a package showing it happens regularly and over a long period of time helps to show a campaign of harassment.

Also talking with them and getting them to say something incriminating like we won’t stop until you move this would also help show their motives.  Anything you say to them you should screenshot.  Anything they say you should screenshot.

We just lost all our gates on Official PVE to a similar situation. Three tribes ganged up and faked pictures of us grieving them. GM came in and destroyed every pillar and gate that wasn’t considered part of a structure. 

Once that was done, the three tribes came right behind the GM and pillared straight up to our buildings with pillars and signs basically telling us to F off. 

So now we have to report tickets so we can properly gate off the land we had IF the GM’s ever come back and make it right. We owned all of herb island and a good portion by green. Now we only have what was left from our buildings. They destroyed any pillar/ladder combo and any outer gate. 

Lesson learned for us is that we will kill all spawns with pillars and ceilings/foundations moving forward because they didn’t destroy those when they wiped our gates. So when they build up a strong enough propaganda next time it’ll be a full wipe for us. Which is fine because it’ll be armageddon after that. 

The best part is that the GM’s won’t even tell us how we broke CoC in the first place.  Just came in and wiped and left so the other tribes could pillar straight up to our ramps.

22 minutes ago, mopakarim3200 said:

I had a few people threaten a report. Never heard a thing. If a dev actually does respond as long as you aren't blocking resources, have a pillar in their gate, have 45% of the map pillared, or the complainer is a friend, they'll move on. 

It seems the best strategy to get someone wiped is to gang up with other tribes. It worked on us anyways. Three tribes faked reports against us. Still not sure how. They may have even gone to another server and created our tribe and then built things in “our tribes name” and then screenshotted it showing us breaking CoC. Because the GM that showed up did a wipe all structure command that broke any pillar/ladder or stand alone gate. 

Archived