Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

360 replies to this server topic

On 5/8/2019 at 9:24 AM, Arlie87 said:

I'm sure smalltribes servers are/will be dying. Normal official servers have been dead for a long time thanks to megatribes. The biggest issue at the moment is that any server you see maybe has 35/70 people online, but once you join you wont find any bases. You know why? Because everyone has mesh bases everywhere. There are actual mesh wars going on where people are trying to find the mesh bases of the people who meshed their mesh base. That is how the game is right now. 

We need official server wipes AFTER meshing is fixed to get everyone out of the damn walls, so the game can be played as it was intended OR we need new servers like Classic PvP. I'm confident that ALOT of people will come back to play. I know at least 10 people in my list alone who would be back to play and i'm only 1 person. 

I would love to see classic servers on Xbox we don't have them yet. Yes official is a waste of time at times. Love the game been in Mega alliances, right now it's just mesh wars. I haven't played in a 6 months. I remember on Abb I was getting shot by somone with a tek rifle from in the mesh.  while we were putting up turret towers and etc. And just like you said we had to figure out how he got into the mesh to stop it.

This post is talking about pvp so maybe my understanding is wrong, but....

If one want to start fresh, there are hundreds private servers starting everyday.

I think the isolation of legacy server is not an attempt to start fresh but to remove the effect of baby taming bug. And I think that is a mistake. This game is supposed o "evolve", and evolution happens by fixing mistakes, not by starting a new thing or total annihilation. Some one suggested to wipe the cluster once more mistakes are fixed, but as long as the game lives, there will be new contents; as long as there are new contents, there will be new mistakes. If mistakes justifies annihilation, then everything will just start over and over again with no change and no hope.

Whether  PVP or PVE, I think the point of this massive official cluster is to construct a story in which everyone build their experience upon the ones before them. As a player who had ark since its first appearance (I think it was exactly 4 years ago from now), it kind of surprise me every time (usually when a player scream "why is this game so difficult!!!!!") I realize how easy it has become now. Not because the game had changed (though it is apart of the reason), but because of the work of all the players in these 4 years. 

New players may not understand this, but in my opinion, playing in ark official cluster is like witnessing the rise of a mini civilization. Where even if you come late, you can still benefit from the people before you, and even if you leave, your work can still affect the people after you.

Personally, I don't like the idea of nuking the world just because it has problems. So it would be a shame to see this story end in the way the legacies did. 

Edited by nameless

A lot of people talking about how this is something that casual players want and that a lot of the problems that are giving reasons for a wipe will just come around again as its the nature of those who play.

whilst this is true I feel like a wipe would HAVE to come with some prerequisites 
- breeding rework
- mega tribe abolition
- offline meta
- Titan meta 
are all areas that could do with attention before a wipe is even discussed.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, Bagelbyte2 said:

Dont whine and complain because you died to someone who has invested lots of time and has skill in a game. Dont like it get better.

This post lol, do you want to rephrase that ? because all I am hearing is dudes that may be in a larger tribe trying not to get dev wiped, mostly because they have no skill. Oh lug nuts meshed me, lets mesh back (major skill), oh we cant get in here lets inside him (loads more skill) oh my mate from server 9 million knows how to dupe we can mek rush them wow so skilled. imo and from those who are LEGIT that are in bigger tribes, they agree its stale and have expressed they would love a wipe. in fact that's why most are looking at vaguero for that excitement of beach bashing with clubs, and getting to take the server and establishing who is boss again because their bored with the way things are.

(Hear me out please) new servers or wipe

So hello ark devs and ark players I have something to say.

ark is a great game I love it i play it a lot played it since day 1 but I have come to a conclusion.

its been 3 years since official release and the server wipe and since then if you didn’t get to be a alpha/mega in the first year and continue then you can never build up because no matter how hard you try the Megas who played since day 1 will always be stronger than you and will wipe you eventually even if you are a new player even if you found a dead server they will come and raid you and that makes many ppl leave ark and not play like me and my friends I am a very big fan of ark love the game but this makes me leave I’m fine with getting raided but you can’t build up to be a mega or alpha so many ppl leave ark cuz of this problem so I have a solution.

Option A:you can wipe the servers  

option B: if you don’t want to wipe them I understand that so I have a plan. Make new servers for all the maps and those servers will be placed under their on category like how primitive plus is then that’s where the newcomers or old ppl who left ark go to play it’s like a new world of ark like it just got wiped or just got released oh yeah and you can’t transfer anything into those servers from the old ones and also you can’t transfer stuff out of those servers to the old ones 

I hope you read this ark this would bring a lot of ppl back to the game and you can count me and 20 of my friends in so if you see 21 ppl coming back to ark just so you know that’s us well 20 cuz I still play ark but you know what I mean please take sometime read this and if you have any questions send it to my e mail ark thank you and I hope you think about it. 

I have a solution I made my own topic recently so I will post the solution here.

wild card can make new sets of servers and out it under the category of new ark or something like how primitive plus is in it down category so in the new serves you can’t transfer dinos or characters from the old ones or stuff it’s like ark just started from scratch and before anyone says that I also want a wipe because I am new or something I played ark since day 1 I love the game and currently allied with strong alias across many servers so I’m fine with the game just don’t think it’s fair for others so a wipe would be great but again that years of breeding all gone would not be nice so they should make new sets of servers and that would make the Megas happy for not wiping and the new ppl happy for adding servers. Or they can make new servers where no one can transfer anything in except their characters for like 3 months but ppl can transfer stuff out. That’s what it think I would like to see your opinion 

Considering about the pillaring or claiming the lands of the servers in PVE, there are other solutions without making wipe the whole server, It can be limiting the amount of pillars one tribe can put(Without building) & those who violate the allowable amount of pillars and foundations, only their tribes will be wiped, nothing else in the server.

Edited by RealGamer420

Here is what i had to say during the debate of whether or not the Early Access servers should be wiped when the game had its official launch. This was when wildcard came up with the idiotic idea of creating legacy servers that would only be wiped if they were dead, which obviously was a lie as well. Just like today, all the new players back then were demanding a full wipe and didn't care about all the hard work people put into the game. It was clear they thought if they pushed for a full wipe that they'd then have the chance to be an alpha tribe  and thus become the same "oppressors" they complained daily about at the time.

You think its going to be any different with the new servers? You think the duping, exploits, and other crap is suddenly going to come to a halt and somehow, just somehow you'll have your chance at being an alpha tribe? haha. Alpha tribes aren't staying on Legacy servers. They're going to the new servers where they have the experience, organization, and numbers to be right back on top. And guess what? You're going to be the cannon fodder. 

Posted: August 24, 2017

I hate to brag, but i couldn't have been more right when i said that.

Edited by AndrewLB

On 7/18/2019 at 2:50 AM, ECADDurand said:

This post lol, do you want to rephrase that ? because all I am hearing is dudes that may be in a larger tribe trying not to get dev wiped, mostly because they have no skill. Oh lug nuts meshed me, lets mesh back (major skill), oh we cant get in here lets inside him (loads more skill) oh my mate from server 9 million knows how to dupe we can mek rush them wow so skilled. imo and from those who are LEGIT that are in bigger tribes, they agree its stale and have expressed they would love a wipe. in fact that's why most are looking at vaguero for that excitement of beach bashing with clubs, and getting to take the server and establishing who is boss again because their bored with the way things are.

Lol funny cause im solo 

On 5/8/2019 at 11:47 AM, Gizmo7777 said:

Do you really think people don’t want a wipe after nearly 2 years?? Your delusional 

I’m absolutely sure , I play almost 3 years now , that the only ones that want a wipe , are the crying children that can’t survive 5 full minutes, don’t want to farm and complain that taming is too hard . 

#goplayminecraft

I think a good compariaon to make would be Ark PvP to Rust. Rust, depending on which server you pick, wipes the servers either weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, so when you go into a PvP server you know full well that after a set amount of time everything will be gone anyway, so you focus on the most fun part of PvP, THE PVP. The issue official Ark PvP has is that it takes bloody long to accomplish things that people are afraid of losing their progress, so if wildcard were to start wiping the official servers regularly they would also have to hugely reduce the amount of time necessary to tame stuff

I have nearly 1000 hours on this game so I'm no newbie, and a large chunk of that time was spent on Official PvP. My experience there was one of several large tribes all set up in their own territory not wanting to get into fighrs with each other for fear of losing all their work. Unless a griefer tribe shows up on the server or someone does something stupid and pisses off another tribe things were fairly quiet, and frankly got boring as most of my time was spent grindinf resources to feed all our dinos and keep the turrets loaded. The most fun I had on Official PvP was during a tribe war, when, y'know, I ACTUALLY GOT TO PVP, but again, a lot of established tribes seem to be averse to fighting too much, again, because of how much they have invested in their stuff they don't want to see it all wiped out. If the PvP servers had faster tame times and got wiped regularly I'd certainly play PvP again.

Clearly a huge reason why people are opposed to a server wipe to level the playing field is how much time and effort they have to invest to make progress in this game and they don't want it erased, which is a fair point, it takes a long time to progress in Ark on default settings. Now let's compare Ark PvP to a similar game, like Rust. Rust's servers get wiped either weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on the server, so no one is the "Alpha" forever and there are regular opportunities for everyone to start on a level playing field and see how far they can get before server reset, now Rust doesn't have all the taming and breeding and farming mechanics that Ark has, which take a long time to progress in. Now Ark, without server wipes, DOES have an issue with long-time players having an advantage over newbies, this is of course aside from general experience and skill level, they have all this fancy gear and tames they have been grinding for for literal months or years. Now as much as us veterans (I have nearly 1000 hours in this game on Steam) like to say, the noobs need to "git gud" or go through the same grind we did, what ultimately keeps games alive is an influx of new players, so if the new player experience is bad then less new people come in, which is bad for the game's longevity. Now I would suggest, if Wildcard were to start doing regular server resets, that they HEAVILY reduce the amount of time it takes to tame and breed dinos. I used to play on Official PvP but have since stopped in favor of singleplayer and small private servers with a few friends, because on default settings it frankly takes way too long to progress, and a good chunk of that time is spent just waiting for taming bars to reach 100%, and you have to have people on every single day without fail to maintain the base and reload the turrets and feed all the dinos and keeo watch for raiders so some jackass doean't level your months of work, and established tribes almost never want to do the actual fun part of PvP, PLAYINF PVP, as they don't want to lose their huge time sink of dinos and base building. I play on 50x tame speed in singleplayer so after the time it takes me to gather the resources for a tame and knock the thing out I only have at most a few minutes wait time for it to tame, whereas on official, to tame a Giga for example, even with kibble, takes over an hour of standing there just staring at what is essentially a loading bar. If they make taming and breeding much faster, then we can have regular server wipes and not worry so much about losing all your progress as you can reach that point again, with a dedicated tribe, in a couple of weeks rather than months or a year+.

Edited by GmanPlaysGames

I just got done asking my original tribe mates if they would come back and i got the response i expected but i was surprised about the numbers. 15-58 a resounding NO they would not come back and play. The game they liked is gone.

Either way i hope the majority gets what they want be it a wipe or not a wipe.

Edited by SlipperySquid