Quetz flying to water when Taming?

Sgtbaconese

Quetz flying to water when Taming?

So my tribe and I tried taming a quetz the other day, first a 130. While trying to knock it out, it flew to the middle of the map over water. We tried to steer it  by hitting it only when it was flying in a direction we didn't want, and letting it fly on its own for a few minutes it continued to hover over the center lake/river. Finally after an hour of being fustrated we found another quetz, a 85 and it ended up doing the same thing. Anyone else have the same results? 

Our method:

2 people on argy's each carring a shooter with crossbow.

I have herd of other methods but have not tried them, could anyone verify this?

carrying a scorpion and set him to attack target?

grappling hook to quetz then shoot it?

It's the 50,50 mechanic, Quetzes will always fly to 50,50 when you start tranqing them, we've managed to tame 3 on my server without any going down in the water so far though, so it is doable, you just have to get a little better at steering them in a dryer direction...... it's kinda frustrating, and takes a little time to get it right, but it is doable...... I don't play official, so my method is shooting from the back of a Griffin(have the Valguero dino and map extension mod installed), but it shouldn't be any different with an argy or anything else, you just need to get good at steering it....... and yeah, it's kindof unfortunate that 50,50 on this map is directly over water, lol

20 minutes ago, Blolfenegergamagarner said:

It's the 50,50 mechanic, Quetzes will always fly to 50,50 when you start tranqing them, we've managed to tame 3 on my server without any going down in the water so far though, so it is doable, you just have to get a little better at steering them in a dryer direction...... it's kinda frustrating, and takes a little time to get it right, but it is doable...... I don't play official, so my method is shooting from the back of a Griffin(have the Valguero dino and map extension mod installed), but it shouldn't be any different with an argy or anything else, you just need to get good at steering it....... and yeah, it's kindof unfortunate that 50,50 on this map is directly over water, lol

well dam, i didn't want to believe that without hearing it from someone else. Well the biggest problem for us is not having found any bluprints for crossbow or longneck yet. We have hit tons of the drops but just no luck yet.

Try and tame a low level first, takes less hits to get down, first one I did on Valguero was level 15 and did it by having a wyvern on high follow and standing on it's back to tranq it, got lucky as it fell right on the shore near the dock, might also try having a look around the ruins in the white cliffs as I've seen them there and they have a lot further to run to get to water but risk of landing on allos, deinos, raptors etc, it's pointless trying to KO a high level one with primitive gear as it'll get to 50-50 before you can get it down

Once you've got a low level you can box tame a higher one as long as you can make a platform saddle or are above level 80 and can farm the deep sea crates to find one, if you're on official or a server with stam regen turned off take a ptera up with you in the box and make sure your quetz is on high follow, once the quetz is KO'd mount the ptera and just hover then land whenever you need to give the quetz narcotics, this stops the quetz trying to land and it regains stam while you're hovering on the ptera

I

17 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Try and tame a low level first, takes less hits to get down, first one I did on Valguero was level 15 and did it by having a wyvern on high follow and standing on it's back to tranq it, got lucky as it fell right on the shore near the dock, might also try having a look around the ruins in the white cliffs as I've seen them there and they have a lot further to run to get to water but risk of landing on allos, deinos, raptors etc, it's pointless trying to KO a high level one with primitive gear as it'll get to 50-50 before you can get it down

Once you've got a low level you can box tame a higher one as long as you can make a platform saddle or are above level 80 and can farm the deep sea crates to find one, if you're on official or a server with stam regen turned off take a ptera up with you in the box and make sure your quetz is on high follow, once the quetz is KO'd mount the ptera and just hover then land whenever you need to give the quetz narcotics, this stops the quetz trying to land and it regains stam while you're hovering on the ptera

I thought box taming with the box on a quetz didn't work anymore, if it does that might be easier than chain bola and boxing on the ground

1 hour ago, Sgtbaconese said:

I

I thought box taming with the box on a quetz didn't work anymore, if it does that might be easier than chain bola and boxing on the ground

Yeah it still works you just need a way to regain stam, you could try making a custom food with loads of stims in it. not done it for ages but a level 100+ crafting character can make a food with 100 stimberries which will restore about 1k stam, now I just take a ptera up with me in the box and as long as you and the ptera aren't on the platform the quetz will regain stam, just make sure the quetz is on high/highest follow then it won't move, if not it might try to land if you're not that high up

On 7/24/2019 at 4:38 PM, Sgtbaconese said:

well dam, i didn't want to believe that without hearing it from someone else. Well the biggest problem for us is not having found any bluprints for crossbow or longneck yet. We have hit tons of the drops but just no luck yet.

Look in loot crates at artifact of crag those loot crates are op for tool bp

Archived