What should I be doing for Kibble?

Keegangs

Like above, just tame Yuty's, grab Wyv and Deino eggs when you can and just make Extraordinary kibble. 

Higher tier kibble is accepted for both taming and imprint. 

This new kibble system/imprint system is great in that regards.

Lots of sheep so tame a Ptera or Argy with mutton to raid the deino nests and use mutton to tame lower level Yuty's. 

They pop out eggs fairly fast. 

Can also use mutton to tame bees for hives (better than rare flowers) or a bear to just harvest honey as you need it. 

Yeah dododex is your friend, it will greatly help you decide which dinos you want to farm for kibble.

I went through each of the 6 kibble and picked out a dino that I thought would give maximum egg production at the smallest physical size. For instance with simple kibble you can use both a trike egg and an oviraptor egg to make the kibble but obviously the oviraptor is much smaller than the trike so I'm more space efficient with my kibble farm. This makes sense when you're more established though, if you're on Valguero then you'll probably want to rank them on availability instead of size until you're able to roam around freely.

Again this will probably be later on but if you're in a tribe sometimes you'll luck out if you all have different raising preferences. For instance I love to tame megatherium, which takes superior kibble, which can be made from spino eggs that I get plenty of because my tribe mate raises abb spinos like they're going out of style. My other tribe mate raises theris the same way so we have plenty of exceptional kibble to tame basilos.

Extraordinary kibble is easy to make on Valguero as you can use deino eggs, plus wyvern eggs are easy to get as well, get a dire bear for farming honey and you're set, you'll still need the lower tiers for imprinting but once you've got a good stock of extraordinary kibble it should be no problem getting some low level egg layers

2 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Extraordinary kibble is easy to make on Valguero as you can use deino eggs, plus wyvern eggs are easy to get as well, get a dire bear for farming honey and you're set, you'll still need the lower tiers for imprinting but once you've got a good stock of extraordinary kibble it should be no problem getting some low level egg layers

You can use extraordinary the same way for imprints same as taming ;)

What I do is use whatever kibble I can get that is practical for me personally to get. 

As others have said "Dododex is your friend" - I go down the list to find the best kibble "for me" (I tend to die a lot and lose stuff a lot). 

I have even been known to tame wolves/sabers using raw prime fish meat because it is fast and easy with a fishing pole on Scorched Earth. 

On 7/24/2019 at 6:15 AM, Keegangs said:

What should I be doing for Kibble?

So I'm going solo on a valguero server, and doing well with high level beginner tames, but wondering what dinos I should tame for kibble to move up to higher more powerful dinos. An order/list of dinos for types of kibble would help a lot 

Yuty - get a couple of them (mutton tame) and their eggs-kibble are good for everything (as in they make top tier kibble).

On 7/24/2019 at 5:40 PM, RageQuitter said:

Didn't know that, ffs I've been taming loads of crap I don't need just for imprinting ?

The fella fuming over a couple of easy cave loot crates on Valguero will be having kittens over that ?

Why would the fella be having kittens over information that has been on the wiki since before it went live? Sorry, no kittens were given, and disappointed doesnt mean fuming.

From the wiki, under Usage:
Creatures prefer at least one specific class of kibble, but accept also kibbles of a higher class, e.g. Argentavis.png Argentavis can most effectively be tamed with Superior Kibble.png Superior Kibble and better, but Basic Kibble.png Basic, Simple Kibble.png Simple, and Regular Kibble.png Regular class have worse results than meat.

Archived