Valguero a huge console miss

Whipples

Valguero is a huge console miss

For those of us console players coming back for Valguero, its a HUGE miss.

At first Valguero seemed perfect for the small unofficial group looking to host and play with everything. You had Wyvrens, Golems, and Aberration stuff all on one map. Perfect for small groups of a couple people wanting to just host and play. Sadly, with the stupid ass decision to strip out so much of the unique dino's and tames, its now mostly pointless.  Had the Griffins, all wyvrens, Rock Drakes, and Reapers been left in, it would have given small private hosts months of enjoyment.

Unofficial PC Console hosts have to pay, and that means money for WC. That means more money for future expansions, updates, *cough* bug fixes from your new releases *cough*. Yet the only platforms that can play Valguero the way it was originally intended are PC players with mods. But for past console players looking to come back for simple relaxing play with everything, its a big F-U.

You missed a real good opportunity WC... Please bring in Griffins, all Wyvrens, Reapers, and the rest back to Valguero. Sure its a free map, but you'll get licensing fees!!!

I can't really say I disagree, it was a bad move for them to strip everything out in the first place, anyone who's playing Official PC or console will never get to really experience the map, they'll get to experience some watered down WC interpretation of it, on PC atleast you have the option of using a mod to restore everything back to mostly the way it's supposed to be, but only if you're not playing on Official..... console users have no options at all...... Valguero was given the "S+" treatment and everything good stripped away to become some garbage "homestead" crap, and WC needs to stop doing this.

On 7/23/2019 at 5:39 PM, Whipples said:

Valguero is a huge console miss

For those of us console players coming back for Valguero, its a HUGE miss.

At first Valguero seemed perfect for the small unofficial group looking to host and play with everything. You had Wyvrens, Golems, and Aberration stuff all on one map. Perfect for small groups of a couple people wanting to just host and play. Sadly, with the stupid ass decision to strip out so much of the unique dino's and tames, its now mostly pointless.  Had the Griffins, all wyvrens, Rock Drakes, and Reapers been left in, it would have given small private hosts months of enjoyment.

Unofficial PC Console hosts have to pay, and that means money for WC. That means more money for future expansions, updates, *cough* bug fixes from your new releases *cough*. Yet the only platforms that can play Valguero the way it was originally intended are PC players with mods. But for past console players looking to come back for simple relaxing play with everything, its a big F-U.

You missed a real good opportunity WC... Please bring in Griffins, all Wyvrens, Reapers, and the rest back to Valguero. Sure its a free map, but you'll get licensing fees!!!

You seem to be confused, you pay Nitrado not WC. Sure, WC probably gets a small kickback from this but not much 

Altering the .ini files (which are available through YouTube videos and Ark wiki server configuration) I have Griffins, Owls, and Gacha's on my private server. I have stuff stack modded,  I was even able to alter the green drops to give cryopods, cryofridges, and extraordinary kibble. 

I'm not a programmer/coder but everything you need is on the internet to help you mod your server to your liking. 

Just takes a bit of research. 

PS4 user, running a Nitrado server.

I get why you are disappointed for sure, but if Coka Cola or Redbull made a new taste and I didn’t like it, I just wouldn’t buy it. It’s simple as that, there is no reason to give em a poopshow. It’s their company and they do what they think is best. 

All the info has been out since it launched for PC but for some reason a lot of console players first start to complain now? 

- I really don’t get it.

Archived