Advanced Cooking Question(s)

GeneralShogun

Advanced Cooking Question(s)

Hi Guys,

I feel so inadequate posting this question as a buddy of mine told me something today that i have not known about since beta that is related to cooking in Ark.

Basically, he tells me to have a dedicated "cook" in our tribe that increases the chance to learn special (or custom?) recipes every time he cooks?  I know *nothing* of this.  Is it true, how do you go hardcore with it, do I need to beacon to all different or specific maps, etc?

Thank you in advance for your explanations.

-General Shogun

You can make custom recipes when you put a note in a cooking pot. You also add the ingredients you want for that recipe. If the person that does it has increased crafting speed that improves the product. Once the recipe is created everybody can cook it with same quality. Consuming a vocal chili before making the recipe also improves the quality.

I guess what your friend means is to have a character with all points in crafting skill. You can either create an alt char (you can use the same steam profile or whatever platform you use) or you mindwipe you main character for a day to do it.

I like to use 10 raw meat for an easy burger that heals and refills food quite good. Element dust is also a nice ingredient ;)

Check out this link for more info https://ark.gamepedia.com/Custom_Consumable

22 hours ago, acat said:

You can make custom recipes when you put a note in a cooking pot. You also add the ingredients you want for that recipe. If the person that does it has increased crafting speed that improves the product. Once the recipe is created everybody can cook it with same quality. Consuming a vocal chili before making the recipe also improves the quality.

I guess what your friend means is to have a character with all points in crafting skill. You can either create an alt char (you can use the same steam profile or whatever platform you use) or you mindwipe you main character for a day to do it.

I like to use 10 raw meat for an easy burger that heals and refills food quite good. Element dust is also a nice ingredient ;)

Check out this link for more info https://ark.gamepedia.com/Custom_Consumable

I thought focal chilli doesnt do this anymore?

10 hours ago, Plum28 said:

what do you put with to give recipe extra health and stam? 

If you're talking by weight, and the wiki details are accurate, Auric Mushrooms have the best stamina density and Aggeravic have the best heath density.

On a per piece basis: Kibble gives the best stamina at 15 per piece, and Dino Eggs the best health at 5 per piece. However, since the eggs add so much weight, you are probably better off using other easily acquired sources like raw meat (low hp per piece but twice as  much per unit of weight), or adv crops (not quite as energy dense as raw meat, but easier to mass produce regularly).

If you're going easiest, purely cultivatable sources, Stimberries and Advanced Crops should give a nice balance between weight and stats without hunting for mushrooms or needing to craft kibble.

*Note: numbers are based on 0 crafting skill, while better crafting skill improves the recipe it does not change how much better ingredients are in relation to each other.

Archived