Pillars ruined my playing experience

Paxxi

1 hour ago, LordHotPockets said:

Kudos to you good sir, snazzy colors (and the name isn't bad either lol). Way back when I tried the ptera a few times but between the old decrepit PS4 I had then and the amount of structures near the scar I kept getting DC'd or killed by lag so I went the other way with it. Didn't have the same problem on the back of the wyvern. Even without the imprint bonus if you put a healthy amount of levels into stamina you can outrun them as long as you're not overencumbered.

If you prefer to do it with a ptera then more power to you man, milk is milk however you get it but I opt to be on the back of a wyvern in case they get a lucky hit in. Good tips for those that want to do it that way though.

I will say though that in the OP's original post he says he's really in search of a new spot to build his base so while he could use the ptera to get the egg/milk the wyvern could do that as well but would still be a more reliable way of scouting spots and providing security for building so it's kind of 2 birds with one stone in that regard. Of course that's just his situation.

Oh I use wyverns now too. I just meant as 'your first wyvern', pter's work.

Sadly the trap on our server isn't friendly for wyverns so everyone still uses pter and griffins, but with pods, don't even really bother with milk.

At least on our server, most people wouldn't mind tossing you a few free pods.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, Paxxi said:

Pillars ruined my playing experience

I‘ve been playing Ark on for a month on ps4 and i‘m lvl  64. I think i didn‘t do any progress since lvl 20 . The problem is that in my area there are only Pteranodons and Parasaurs and i really want to have the argie which is pretty much impossible for me to catch without building a trap and nowadays all the official PvE servers are full of the Pillars which makes it hard to build one 

i‘ve tried to go a little bit further in the map (Ragnarok) but i‘ll always get killed by raptors whenever i stop to restore my Pteranodon‘s Stamina . 

I also tried to join a tribe so i could use someone else’s help which will make the things easier but it’s impossible since i‘m always not quilified to join any of them 

Any advices ? 

Thx

Build a raft and make a trap on the raft to kite what you need to tame into it, extremely effective for many dinos including argents with several designs out there. Its good exp and unlike the island rag is not littered with leeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived