Transfer Questions

fishslap3

Transfer Questions

Hey there everyone! I’m currently playing on Xbox official pvp on the The Island and I’m lvl 70 with metal bases and lots of tames. I have never transferred my character before because I have been pretty content playing solo on The Island. But since Valguero came out, I have decided I want to transfer my character to Valguero. If I transfer to Valguero, and then transfer back to my old server, will all of my bases still be owned by me, or will they be owned by a player with the exact same name as me? Also, I heard some people lost there characters while transferring. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks for the help everyone!

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

Simple way to go about it.  Back up your save.  Then upload the character.  That way when you come back if it doesn’t work,  you still have a copy with your character still there.

shouldnt be a problem though.

How can I back up a save on the official servers? Forgive me if I’m a little confused about the way things work.

1 hour ago, SnowboundGem said:

There are also console commands to force ownership of the tribe back to yourself if it does go wrong. So either way no harm done.

I’m not in a tribe on the official server, and I don’t believe I could use console commands to force myself back into a tribe on an official server.

My bad I read that wrong.  I thought you were on a single player mode the way you framed the question.  If it’s official,  you can move your character between any server on the cluster.  There’s really no issue with what you want to do.  You can move the character off,  you just can’t take anything with you out of vag.

Your character’s tribe affiliation in a server is unique and independent of a tribe affiliation on a different server.  Your character maintains its status on any tribe you are in as long as the tribe doesn’t kick or demote you themselves.  Leaving a server doesn’t leave a tribe.

Archived