MYTVY

Suggestion

Preserving.

So I just woke up to find my babies dead, yet again. Last thing I did before i went to bed was fill up the troughs with raw, fill the dinos with cooked and give them fresh preserving salts. First thing I do when I wake up is log into ark to check on my babies. 2 troughs full of spoiled meat, 4 bags on the ground of spoiled meat. This game expects you to spend every waking hour playing and even that's not good enough, so here are some suggestions to fix that.

-Preserving salts should stack much higher and/or have a longer spoil timer per salt
-Preserving salts should be allowed in troughs (and refrigerators too because why not? not exactly game breaking)
-Either make the current trough preserve when run on sparkpowder like the preserving bin or a new mid-tier trough which does this (which could also have more slots!!)
-Cryos in the fabby :P

Please, let us solos at least ATTEMPT to have a healthy sleep schedule and make this game even slightly more compatible with a life which does things other than just play this game.

7 replies to this server topic

17 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Since when. Dodos are simple to tame. And lay lots of eggs.

Perhaps growing 'multiple' babies isn't an early-bird game option. 

So you would cook hundreds or even thousands of kibble in a cooking pot? Tame enough dodos to produce that at a fast enough pace? When I say multiple I mean 3 or 4, I'm not even talking double digits. But this is all totally irrelevant to my suggestion, I just think the game would be better with a few more options for preserving, using the ALREADY ESTABLISHED methods of preserving in game.

Raw meat spoils at 40 minutes, so it gives you a good buffer to sleep. You just need to have some more troughs filled with meat before going to sleep. maybe 2 was not enough for the number of babies you were raising. There are calculators for this on the Internet.

Still unless you are on primitive you should just use tek troughs and cryopods, will help you a lot when breeding.

19 minutes ago, arkark said:

Raw meat spoils at 40 minutes, so it gives you a good buffer to sleep. You just need to have some more troughs filled with meat before going to sleep. maybe 2 was not enough for the number of babies you were raising. There are calculators for this on the Internet.

Still unless you are on primitive you should just use tek troughs and cryopods, will help you a lot when breeding.

and to unlock tek troughs you have to do bosses which arguably requires breeding, same for cryos to an extent. Again though, not everyone is able to play all day, not everyone is able to get on before bed and just after they wake up and this halts the progress of those people. Allowing more options to preserve and more accessible cryopods would only balance the game more, at the moment the only solo people who can really get anywhere are the ones willing to spend almost all of their waking hours on the game.

Archived