[pve official] Sick of tribes/vets one up'ing solo'ist/beginners.

Jemcrystal

[pve official] Sick of tribes/vets one up'ing solo'ist/beginners.

I want to see an ark or a map, official not unofficial, that get solo'ists and newbs the advantage over tribal leaders, veteran players, and those that are just good at the game.  I want to see the little dumb guy get ahead of the race.  Without having to kissup to get there.

4 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It amazes me that people can’t fathom that making it easier for the noob, makes it even easier for the experienced.

This comment is pure gold. I don’t know if you have good examples for PvE but every time my thatch base got wiped by the alphas/henchmen, I always asked them how it was possible for someone to get on top of the food chain, without knowing that is was a lot smarter to let the new player at least grind something good for them to steal lol! 

10 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It amazes me that people can’t fathom that making it easier for the noob, makes it even easier for the experienced.

Make it 5% easier for noobs, is like 50-100% easier for experienced players.

I still remember my first ark log in, it didn't occur to me to dodge dilo spit. Ark was my first survival game. But 1000s of hours later, I just laugh at dilos.

Better rates is NOT what I want to see.  Reason I do not go near unoffcial is because they cannot leave it vanilla. 

I do not want an EASY server to play.  I want tribes to have to work harder than solo players.  Giving the advantage to veterans and groupers does not make sense.  Hurting the little guy and humiliating the newcomers - why?   Veterans are not going to leave even if they threaten to.  They are to invested.  It's the newb more likely to rage quit and bad mouth this game on every gaming forum.

Another thing about official rates.   I really enjoy looking forward to events and weekends and charity drive increases.  Even the "ooops we messed up here have some 2x days" as apology.  You have to have bad rates to look forward to good rate days.  It adds encouragement to play.

Better rates do not help newbs.  Your inventory gets over stacked because you have not put points into weight yet.  Managing inventory is the worse a newb faces at the beginning.  Just try to pick a few berries while running from everything and get an inv full of rocks!  Try to run from anything now! 

Seriously are there some of you that never return to newb state to relive what you went thru?  To cozy behind your metal walls in front of your fireplace next to your pretty colorful dragons?  Or perhaps you never tried to solo or never tried it on official.  Your chests burst with pride at your "accomplishments" but you snarked your way thru.  Used newbies to build your kingdom and threw them out when they no longer served your interest.  You have not worked for what you got until you have had to do it ALONE.

28 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

Seriously are there some of you that never return to newb state to relive what you went thru?  To cozy behind your metal walls in front of your fireplace next to your pretty colorful dragons?  Or perhaps you never tried to solo or never tried it on official.  Your chests burst with pride at your "accomplishments" but you snarked your way thru.  Used newbies to build your kingdom and threw them out when they no longer served your interest.  You have not worked for what you got until you have had to do it ALONE.

All this is dumb.

I started with a tribemate who quit before our first boss fight.

After that I did every boss fight, no carries, and hunted and bred Argy's from 325 clean to 361 with mutes. 

It's not that hard to solo the majority of this game while soloing select bosses and making allies to partner with the rest. 

I've done Alpha Rag with one other player. Alpha Dragon with 2 other players. Alpha Overseer  with two other players. 

In a tribe based game, that's pretty good.

So tribe up or make friends. 

If you don't like other people then you can get the same rates on single player.

What you invest is what you get. Stop being salty because you want the best stuff with a fraction of the time investment and can't get it. 

We all started as a level 1 on the beach.

Yeah... No.

There isnt .ini configuration for skill level. Get better and you will do just fine. Many of us have done it all solo. On official. It's entirely possible and quite a good test of your creativity. Why are you entitled to an easier experience just because you can't hack it with the other tribes? If you post like you do here on the server chat I bet I know why you're having a bad experience. Try to be more friendly and less entitled, you will get there!

Never seen such a jealous rant about PvE on these forums before. You're annoyed at players that have put in thousands of hours of graft to get to where they are compared to your Thatch hut on a beach, and think you should be handed all this because what? You can't be bothered to put a couple of years into the game like those you mentioned? 

You do realise that your mentality is wrong, not those you're complaining about? 

14 minutes ago, Val500 said:

Honestly, at least on unofficial servers, people give me TOO much help, like I'm not complaining but I admit I keep thinking 'what would it be like to start with nothing with no help?'

Like one guy gave me three level 300 raptors, beautiful girls too, and a male level 400 trike.

I have seen unofficial servers with rules against helping new players too much. Cause it takes away from their progression and they didn't actually earn anything.

This OP complains a lot about official servers and it seems would be best suited to unofficial servers.

I don't really want to enter in this debate but just give a little feedback of my own experience :

I play solo on official PVE, i died.... many time.. and died again, every time i learnt how the game work, i put hundreds of hours in farm and a lot of them with a simple metal pick and hatchet, if i had to wait 2h to tam a dino with simple meat... i have done so....and i never asked for help.

It's just my opinion but all i have read is just a complain of a lazy man, if you think that "veteran, tribes, etc" reached this point in this game by chance, you're just wrong, they triedhard, spend hundreds or even thousands of hours to obtain what they have....

If you have tough time to collect ressources, tam dino etc here is my advice : abuse of gamepidia, dododex, guides on youtube etc.... searching for informations even the more basics will not make you a noob ;) and will help you to optimize your gameplay and farm time ^^

Archived