lostsave Single player Save/map/dinos completely lost :o( [The Island - Windows]

eljbee

Single player Save/map completely lost :o( [The Island - Windows]

My saved single player map (The Island), which I have been playing for 7 months, has completely gone.

When loading the game the other morning (Windows 10 app - via Host/Local option), it went to the map spawn screen. My Level 100 character does appear intact, along with engrams and explorer notes. My tribelog is there. 

BUT I've lost all my bases, loads of high level dinos, all my materials and inventory, and several artifacts ?

I also loaded the game on xbox under the same gamertag as I do crossplay/Play Anywhere with my daughter that way - and the map was gone on there too.

I've logged a Support ticket.  It being the Windows app, there are no mods or anything like that, and my PC runs fine with all drivers up to date etc. 

Has anyone else had this issue, and is there ANY way at all of getting any of our stuff back?  My daughter is devastated :0{

Wild card screwed all of us over.  When you restart your save, weather it be a dedicated or single player is overwrites your map data.  Your player data is saved still.

its because they disabled Xbox transfers and their software engineers are morons.  It’s a joke.  They haven’t warning people or anything.  I guess if I were that bad at my job I’d stay silent too.  

10 hours ago, Dudeman said:

Wild card screwed all of us over.  When you restart your save, weather it be a dedicated or single player is overwrites your map data.  Your player data is saved still.

its because they disabled Xbox transfers and their software engineers are morons.  It’s a joke.  They haven’t warning people or anything.  I guess if I were that bad at my job I’d stay silent too.  

So that's it? Bang - 7 months and hundreds of hours gone???!!  I read somewhere they can give you your dinos back (or at least the same type and level)?

Archived