PVE capping with clones

devid20

1 hour ago, devid20 said:

did you made the boss with gigas and spinos?

Gigas and spinos aren't "easy to maintain" dinos and don't fit the rule you are stating.

Plus spino drag weight is the same as rex, so they can do boss fights. And gigas can fight the big Extinction boss. So both can be used for endgame content.

Is this in anyway an actual suggestion?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, devid20 said:

PVE capping with clones

Hi!

So in PVE we are not allowed to have "too many" "easy to maintain" animals, but you can have this 

https://imgur.com/WQ7szFb

https://imgur.com/S5drlhs

https://imgur.com/2bij8LN

https://imgur.com/EwkgMYp

Not a game suggestion.

So this does re-raise, yet again, one flogged to death horse question which would help reduce (slightly) the number of 'unnecessary' tames. 
1) Remove the 450 level cap so we don't have to keep low level point breeders
2) Remove the 20 mutation cap, so anything can gain a mutation.

If both of these are implemented, then all we need 'out' are our boss-ready breeding-line dinos, and not the base line/mutation-producers. 
probably result in a 10-25% (guesstimate) reduction in breeding dinos required.

And honestly those 2 aspects to breeding just slighly slow things down at the cost of server performance, ultimately the same final results (at least within the 450 cap) are gained with/without the rules. 

IMO, If you want to solve the overall breeding problem, then there needs to be a point-cap on any one single stat, maybe 150 (birth + applied levels). 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, WitchesTwex said:

So this does re-raise, yet again, one flogged to death horse question which would help reduce (slightly) the number of 'unnecessary' tames. 

If both of these are implemented, then all we need 'out' are our boss-ready breeding-line dinos, and not the base line/mutation-producers. 

And honestly those 2 aspects to breeding just slighly slow things down at the cost of server performance, ultimately the same final results (at least within the 450 cap) are gained with/without the rules. 

IMO, If you want to solve the overall breeding problem, then there needs to be a point-cap on any one single stat, maybe 150 (birth + applied levels). 

3) Cap mutations. People hit the cap and stop with the insanity.

8 minutes ago, WitchesTwex said:

The 20\20 means absolutely  notta xD I'm still getting  new mutations even with both parents  having 3636552/6263673

Weird when I breed parents both with high mutations I don’t get mutations ,  I get regressions.  I’ve had melee pop out that I had before my final clean melee I worked with for mutating. 

On topic though,  a giga farm is always a few days away from turning to dust.  If it didn’t take so long to raise people would use less of them.  But the devs probably didn’t intend for us to breed them like crazy which is why they set the barrier so high.  

Which puts it at being useful to be able to just try and mate as many as you can to get your stat mixes together in one try vs waiting 2 weeks to merge stats again on a second step.

Archived