How do you fight Large tribes?

kloudnine

Give them a reason to not mess with you.  Try to buddy up, provide them with flint or something else they don't want to deal with.  Appear to be a waste of time, make the whole server think you're in the poorhouse.  Making your base look already raided can work.   Raidable but a pain in the neck is a good strat, as well.  I've had success with all of these.

Hide your valuables somewhere safe, a vault hidden in the depths of the ocean can work. Make sure you know how to fight back/be annoying. Eventually they'll pick on some other beach noobs

Make your base require effort to crack into with lots of gates and layers. Base defence dinos like microraptors, bats, arthopluera, purlovia, ect. are unreliable but can kill attackers. If you're online while they attack flame arrows are a cheap way to deal a lot of damage (can also be used to kill their dinos if they have lousy defence allowing you to hit dinos in their base). 

Also a good way to make peace is to have dinos they'll want. See if theres anything they're after breed some to trade.

Yeah that parasaur detection is a pain for solo players. My strat for that is to try and get cryos so you can store tames in them inside your hidden base and make sure you kill your character before logging off. That way they can’t detect you whilst you’re offline. When I haven’t had cryos I hide dinos nearby. Not too close but close enough to run to get them. Maybe build a nearby hidden Dino storage if possible to protect them from wilds. 

10 hours ago, kloudnine said:

How do you fight Large tribes?

They can find you with parasaurs ...

You can't hide even in the most cleaver of places..

It's pretty much impossible to cause a large tribe even the slightest inconvenience as a solo player

The answer is to this is complex but basically it really depends on your situation are you in a small tribe <5 players or a medium one >5 <20 and by large tribe do you mean mega tribe or just an alpha tribe? There is a difference basically an alpha tribe controls only the server it is on, while mega tribes control multiples and install beta tribes to govern the individual servers which in turn effectively act as "alpha tribes".

I play in a small tribe of less then 5 players so I can only give really you advice relevant to that. In my experience in a small tribe you have to be realistic you will not beat a larger tribe by taking it on head to head.  It's not realistic they have greater numbers and greater resources and often many allies. Instead you need to play tactfully and use devious methods to weaken their position. Start off by using diplomacy to first establish yourself on the server, this can be obviously quite hard if you have a bit of a "enemy" reputation so my advice would be to either start fresh accounts and a new tribe or if you cannot it the better option is to split your tribe into two entities. The first is the combat/PVP the second is the nice and friendly noob "community" PVE tribe who will be on another server and who everyone thinks are really sweet. You will use the first tribe to attack other tribes and the second one to store the loot and also farm weapons and explosives.

Now my golden rule is establish your PVE/community tribe on a server different to the one you want to attack. This makes it harder for people to track you and also means you don't have to store your loot on the same server which is a good thing since the enemy tribes will be hunting for you.

When joining a fresh server the alpha tribe will probably come to your base and ask why you are here. I always like to say that we are PVE players but all the PVE servers are pillared up and there is no room to build. Its a very generic answer that can be hard to refute. It's important to establish early on that you are friendly, you don't want to sit there building your base not saying a word only for the alpha tribe to come along and blow it up because they didn't know who you were.

Once you have established your community tribe and joined the server work on the diplomacy, you want to be seen as sweet and gentle, just a bunch of noobs that like base building and other innocuous activities. Basically you want to be seen as harmless because if the alpha tribe sense you are not or that you are expert players they will come and delete you. So play it smart act like a PVE player. For instance with my community tribe we do all the roleplayer stuff. We have a community hut outside our base with free tools and the like in open boxes for people to take. It has all the appropriate signage like "Welcome to my base" and the like.  Also if I am out farming meat and someone comes past I'll drop them a few stacks, or if you beat someone to a drop and its worthless junk like building bps then I always offer that to them. It may seem small but every bit helps, you want to establish that credibility that your hapless noob PVE builders.

Also it's important to remain in character, if you say your a noob tribe but then you go onto youtube and watch all the latest best ways to build videos and copy that, people are going to question that a bit. Instead build your base like a retard or a roleplayer. Make it visually unfunctional from the outside while ensuring the inside is solidly strong. What dinos you tame is also important in this regard. I like to tame a bunch of stupid stuff like dilos, raptors, kangaroos. You don't want to tame what I would call threatening or aggressive dinos especially in bulk. If the alpha tribe sees you have 10 high level gigas in your base and a bunch of Brontos they will view that as a threat. For a farming tribe you don't need such creatures, only tame what is needed for farming and a few small tank dinos like Stegos which you explain away as used for berry gathering.

In terms of actually attacking a larger tribe when you are smaller you have to remember that realistically you will not beat them and force them off the server unless you inside them but that's a different discussion. Instead what you can do is make their lives hell and cause them major setbacks.  Their strengths are their numbers and firepower, your strengths as a small tribe (especially if one is properly split up as I have shown above) are that your teamwork and your discipline will generally be much higher then that of the bulk of alpha tribe players. You have to remember the majority of players that joined alpha tribes were first in small tribes and the main reason they joined an alpha tribe was to avoid combat basically. They got attacked/raided and they didn't like it, so they sought safety in numbers. Most of the players in alpha tribes that you encounter will be PVE players for the most part. I've been in several mega tribes and I can say that the majority of players in these tribes rarely did PVP and were mostly interested in building and taming.  You are rarely dealing with seasoned professionals when it comes to PVP, a lot of the players would engage in PVP once a fortnight if they are lucky and then only in a big attacking blob. There are good PVP players in larger tribes but they are in the minority.

What this all means is that 1:1 against an alpha tribe player you stand a good chance of beating him, but he will not voluntarily choose to fight you 1:1 so you have to force him to. The best way to do this is to attack their weak spots. Large tribes love building garbage and bases all over the map. Taming bases, water bases, breeding bases, mining bases, main base you name it. Now even with their numbers they can not typically manage and defend all these bases at once in person this is their weak spot.

As a small tribe you are not realistically going to conquer their main base, you might be able to break a wall and kill some dinos but they stop you fairly fast. Instead focus on hitting their outlying bases especially their taming and breeding ones. I've been in mega tribes and breeders really hate when someone comes along and kills all their baby dinos with the perfect stats. That really makes them mad. You want to make their lives unenjoyable, you want to create fear. For instance this server we were attacking recently was fairly passive. Most tribes on there went about farming naked on their dinos, but after we went our doing our thing they've all started wearing flak and carrying rifles. You want to keep them on edge, if they can't ever feel relaxed out in the wild that means you are doing your job well.

10 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Don’t play lol official PvP

He's not a coward @Joebl0w13

Archived