Where to find crystal early game?

Toasterfly

I found some underwater near oil nodes by a passage that goes to inland lake by redwoods.if ypu head south from spawn and keep water on your left  passage is between 2 pointed rocks but crystal was in original water area by where 2 oil nodes were close together. stay by water but just past a couple rocks in the water is where I saw the 2 oil nodes and found crystal when I got to bottom. hope this helps

18 hours ago, Toasterfly said:

Where to find crystal early game?

I just started playing on valguero and spawned on the islands. I don't have a flyer so I'd like to know a place where I can find crystal without getting murdered

If you have a raft you can get crystal in a few spots "nearby" with relative ease.

The first one is straight east at the farm. Literally go straight east from the Small Islands and you will see a concrete dock. That is the farm, there is carrots and potatoes growing naturally just before the ruins on the hill. If you are at the dock looking towards land, on the left hand side you will see a small hill that goes inland. It has a small amount of crystal and some metal nodes. I think its around 52, 52.

The second spot to get crystal will once again require a raft. This time you will go north to the beach at 40, 38. Its a spawn point as well, Beach Zone 1. Facing the beach at the south end of it, you will see a ramp going up to the cliffs above, at the top of the ramp on the right is 4 crystal nodes. There are metal nodes all along the ramp as well.

If you need more than just scraps to build a spyglass with, then I would say the next easiest spot to get a fair amount of crystal while staying near your Small Islands would be at 48, 28. You can find a small stream at the north end of the main lake near that location. The stream leads into another much smaller lake than the main one and can be rafted across. Once you find the stream, on the west side of it is a bunch of redwood trees before a cliff. You are able to run up the cliff and it leads into the Redwoods biome, where as soon as you enter it, there is a hill that runs along the cliff edge. On that hill is a lot of metal and crystal. But there are the usual Redwoods hostiles as well.

Archived