Best expansion

KACHOW

28 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Val has promise, Rag is beautiful, I also have a fondness for SE but Aberration is like a second game and that makes it more unique.

So I think that's what makes it the best expansion.

I wish I could agree but I just hate the ab map from my previous experiences being tethered to host I get dragged and snapped to them every time the host leaves or loads a new area. It's quite a sickening feeling being pulled about like a rag doll.

I am yet to try ab on server where this is not an issue, I recently joined one so may change my mind when I do get chance to play on it again. I am looking forward to trying it again though.

I dont like The Center, because of personal reasons.

Rag is beautiful, but i think its just too easy. There are resources everywhere and its not very challenging to get them.

Extinction was the worst map imo. It was supposed to be the last official part of ARK and it would be crap and totally unsatisfying. But i cant say anything, because the game always sends me back to the store to buy an installed game expansion.

Scorched Earth is something I really want to try out, because it looks very promising, but after the disaster with Extinction, i might leave it. Otherwise i spend twenty bucks for nothing again.

Valguero is still very new to me. So i cant say if it is my favourite or not. yet.

Aberation. Is. Great. Probably the best expansion. There are just two things that annoy me a bit. Starting is hard af and the lack of performance. Might be the spot of my current base. Otherwise it is a masterpiece.

Abberation is amazing, beautiful map but very challenging. Its so different than the other maps and has a lot of unique features,  and valgueros abberation zone doesnt capture all it has to offer. I personally don't like SE, its a unique challenge and fun starting off but the map itself gets boring for me due to lack of biomes/places to explore. Not much late game content other than wyverns. Maybe its just because half the other the maps have SE's content now.

Archived