Breeding beginner

Breeding beginner

Hey so i'm trying my hand at breeding. My friend made a server that increases max dino spawn lvl to 300 and lvling goes another 150 or something like that. I'm breeding Ptera's for some reason (guess I just like the idea of a pteranodon tanking an alpha rex on the ground.) Anyways I have some questions.

1) Say I breed 2 dino's with one having all the stats I want except 1, and the other having the missing stat. The child gets most of the stats from the good parent and the missing stat from the other.

I usually decided to then breed that child with their better off parent (incest is a necessary evil?) as that would theoretically give me a higher chance of getting all the proper stats for the next gen. Usually that worked out fine... that was until mutations came.

Here is the problem, I believe i've noticed that if the parent had a mutation, and I bred them with the child who inherited that mutation, the offspring from that would act like it only received 1 mutation, but in the mutation counter, it would act like it got a mutation from both parents. And if I then bred him with one of his parents, the offspring of that one would increase the mutation counter again by 1. Is there anyway around this? Or do I just have to teach my dinos that incest is bad? 

2) what is the level cap exactly? Not the number but like, is it connected to the max wild level+lvl up? Does that mean that if you get a breed dino that comes out at 450 on an official, you can't level them up anymore? Or is it seperate like wild level+Tame level+level up. 

Thanks!

If you want to avoid "mutation-counter-stacking" you need to only breed unmutated ones together till you have all stats in and then start to look at mutations if you choose to do so. The counter is always the sum of both parents so if you breed 2 mutated together the counter will get really high very quickly. Maybe have a read through the following post i made a while back. https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/206999-breeding-101/

In regards to level cap - unless your friend explicitly activated it unofficial servers have no cap. On officials the cap works in a way that any dino that is lv. 450 or higher gets deleted at server restarts - regardless if its born at that level or leveled up past 450 - both would get deleted. (Server parameter for this is DestroyTamesOverLevelClamp which is set to 449 on officials and 0 on unofficials per default).

Archived