Spino needs an overhaul!

Mahiira

Suggestion

Spino needs an overhaul!

So ever since I started playing Ark and saw my first Spino, I have wanted one. Well I now have several and I’m in the process of breeding them. I got this Dino in the hopes of it becoming one of my main mounts but aside from some decent dps, that’s all I can really use it for and even then I have to be careful since it isn’t even in the same league for health as a Rex. Mining for oil or pearls is annoying as it rises to the top on dismount, but creatures such as the sarco, Baryonyx and Carb can all breathe under water? If the Spino isn’t going to be useful for farming then at least make it more formidable. So my suggestion is either make it a better farming mount or make it more hardier like the Rex. I mean look at it! It’s meant to be a very formidable and dangerous Dino. I won’t argue if it’s more dangerous then a Rex, I’ve seen that argument a billion times on these forums, my only point is they were an apex predator when they roamed this earth and should be a force to reckon with.

P.S. Give the Spino Tek armor! Unless does anyone know if there is a mod for it? I haven’t seen one but would be awesome!!!

3 replies to this server topic

To get them to stay with you underwater, put em on high range follow and they wont rise to the surface.  It doesn't solve all your issues with it, but I just wanted to offer that piece of advice!

About making them stronger:  They got an overhaul with one of the TLC passes, and it really pepped them up!  They got a model update, bipedal mode changing transit and combat, and a water affinity bonus that increases their health regen, speed, and damage when they enter the water.  They are a bit limited because of their size and their HP pool, but have a lot of versatility and power.  They grossly outclass the 3 mid-tier theropods (Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, and Baryonyx) also.

They have advantages for tribes built on the water.  They have an o2 stat, but they throw out damage and are pretty damn strong mounts!  Just keep in mind, they used to be much more limited and wonky, not to mention uglier.

Archived