The Island Base Locations

HazyMage6

56 minutes ago, d1nk said:

50,50 my friend. Lots near, the most central. Near redwoods for wood, between 3 good mountains (Volcano, Obsidian mtn and Redwoods mtn)

I agree. by far my favorite base location on the Island.  You can build a nice place using pillars along the side/top of the mountain, metal and crystal right there. go down the mountain a tiny bit, and you have wood/thatch, fibre, berries. 

Sure raptors, scorpions, Argies, and rexs spawn in that area, but it is pretty easy to fortify against them, since you will be at the top of the mountain.

Hope on an Argy, and you can go to the volcano for obsidian, crystal, metal.

on your way there, you can stop at the river for water and fish.  Just don't fly too low thru the Redwoods on your way, or you might get Thyla'd.

There’s no one ideal spot really.  Since it’s single player you can really just put up teleporters to all the resources you need so there’s no need to focus much on where you settle.i would settle close to the middle of the map. There’s also a really nice spot up above the water just west of redwoods.  

Then again there’s the wster caves and you may want water animals at some point.....   so that’s why I’d worry less about where your one base is because you may want a few.

Archived