ten tips for new official valguero players Top Ten Tips for Valguero on PVE official

CamCam123

Top Ten Tips for Valguero on PVE official

Hi my fellow Arkadians. After a few months of playing Valguero on official pve for PC i have come up for 10 tips to help new players who are starting in the map as I see a lot of new players coming and always asking , "where can i build? where are the resources? how do i make a trap if there are pillars everywhere?" and etc. 

I my self found those same problems but after 11k hours in this game on pve and about 200+ hours on valguero on official pve server 545 i will tell you how i survived these issues.

1. First tame make it a PTERADON. You need to know where you are in order to see where to build. Forget about traps just make a bola and tame a high level pteradon with regular meat. it might take 4 hours or more but once you have that dino it will change how you see the map.

2. I like to start new characters with every new map. I feel like is a nice challenge to start alone and from 0 level. Best way to level up is make your crafting speed 300 and just play regularly without grinding for levels. Having crafting speed on 300 makes everything about leveling up easier and you dont need to sit next to a grinder or just crafting unnecesary thatch foundations for hours and hours. After a month of chilling and just playing on Valguero i am back to level 95 without having to grind for levels. Also, if you are already high level to the point that you can get a wyvern egg and raise it you can level up even faster by trapping wyverns hurting them to they are nearly dead. Unmounting your dino and shooting them DEAD! XD about 20 of those are 1 level after level 90. on 2x days is only 10 or so. Something to keep in mind!

3. Finding a home is not easy. IF you are new or just started Valguero you will find your self in a sea of pillars. I know your first reaction is sending a ticket but i am here to tell you that there is a better way to find a home. Most people dont like to build in regions where extreme weather happens. Check the snow biomes and the high dense forest. Those are two places where people avoid to build.

Pluses on living in these biomes in Valguero: More resources near you and no one will bother you with pillars.

4. Don't worry about the new dino too much. The Deinonychus is fun and powerful however the most useful cave mount is still the RAVAGER (the king of aberration). These are easy to get. 20 or so narcotic arrows and 15 mutton on 2x days. No narcotics needed for this tame. This map is full of sheep so you can gather mutton easy. Even with a pteradon!

5. Loot drops are nice outside of caves. There is a bit higher chance of getting things on regular red drops. So don't stress too much about asking for bps for sale on the map.

6. Bosses are difficult at the first stages of a new map. However, if you are just starting today or in the past week try to buy rex eggs from an already stablished tribe. Stats that you need for this bosses are 400 base melee on rexes and 13khp or so. You also want Rhinos. They are the way to go if you want to beat it early in the game.

7. Do not build to stone! It is actually easier to make metal foundations. Nevertheless, one of your early tames should be an Anky. To make matters easier there are beaver dams everywhere on the map. So just gather metal, cook it, and gather cementing paste. Your base will last longer and it will be less effort.

8. New maps can be a pain starting from day 1. If you see that the map is toxic or just bad mojo CHANGE SERVER. I find it weird when people stick around in a map with bad people and rather than just changing map they stick around to complain and add to the negativity. I always look for how the chat looks in the first 2 hours in a new map. If i see cool people i stay. If i see terrible people i leave without even saying hi on the global chat XD 

9. DOWNLOAD DODODEX! App that helps you tame and find recepies and tips on your cellphone.

10. This map is big so if you cant build traps dont stress! there are plenty of natural traps. Holes between rocks, or excessive amounts of stones that get wild dinos stuck. So dont panic. I have tamed most of my dinos the Wild Way. No traps needed. 

I hope this helps new people. It is important to keep a healthy server. Just keep in mind that there are no perfect servers so try to have fun and join with people that are cool! 

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived