Why the free red crates WC?

Moonie1

Why did you remove resources and dinos from the Valguero map before making it official, yet you left in the cave that has the Artifact of the Crag in it, along with a blue cave crate, a yellow cave crate and a red cave crate with NO dinos in it. Its completely safe to get these crates on a 45 minute timer in a very short cave. Meanwhile all the other red loot crates are deep inside the other caves with tons of hostile dinos in the way. Remove those crates!!! These crates have blueprints that are normally fairly hard to get for the average player, like tools, crossbow, rifles, fur, etc. Its an even bigger joke than Ragnarok, which at least has cold weather as a minor inconvenience, along with the polar bears that rarely agro. But at least Ragnarok only had blue and yellow crates, not the reds for free (other than the desert).

On 7/16/2019 at 7:42 PM, Moonie1 said:

Why did you remove resources and dinos from the Valguero map before making it official, yet you left in the cave that has the Artifact of the Crag in it, along with a blue cave crate, a yellow cave crate and a red cave crate with NO dinos in it. Its completely safe to get these crates on a 45 minute timer in a very short cave. Meanwhile all the other red loot crates are deep inside the other caves with tons of hostile dinos in the way. Remove those crates!!! These crates have blueprints that are normally fairly hard to get for the average player, like tools, crossbow, rifles, fur, etc. Its an even bigger joke than Ragnarok, which at least has cold weather as a minor inconvenience, along with the polar bears that rarely agro. But at least Ragnarok only had blue and yellow crates, not the reds for free (other than the desert).

Oh nice, I need to check that out thanks!

On 7/16/2019 at 10:42 PM, Moonie1 said:

? but thanks for the heads up. ?

Lol *points us to the free loot while complaining about the free loot* MOST helpful member ever!
Btw you can loot the crates TWICE if you stay in the cave a couple extra seconds to let them respawn, after that it's around a 45 minute wait..... and then go loot them twice AGAIN! And yeah you can get some REALLY nice stuff out of there..... I scored a 357% Longneck on one trip and a 436% Crossbow on the next trip!

11 hours ago, Blolfenegergamagarner said:

Lol *points us to the free loot while complaining about the free loot* MOST helpful member ever!
Btw you can loot the crates TWICE if you stay in the cave a couple extra seconds to let them respawn, after that it's around a 45 minute wait..... and then go loot them twice AGAIN! And yeah you can get some REALLY nice stuff out of there..... I scored a 357% Longneck on one trip and a 436% Crossbow on the next trip!

Its a tactic used often to hopefully light a fire under some butts. The cave is off limits on my private server, I have spawned a bunch of microraptors and alphas in there to dissuade anyone from visiting. I am hoping Wildcard will fix the cave to be more dangerous fitting a cave with 3 loot crates all in close proximity.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I believe OP is talking about the cave at 34.2, 51.4. Not sure why the complaint as you get mostly trash from these drops either way.

Mostly trash isnt the issue. Its when its not "mostly trash" for no risk. Im complaining because after playing for just under 5000 hours, I enjoy doing caves where you have to blast your way thru tons of dinos, jump and swim across obstacles, etc. for a reward. I dont enjoy simply flying into a cave and looting 3 cave crates that have better loot than the outside crates along with the artifact.

You are also downplaying the value of the loot from the crates. You get items from them that you cannot get anywhere else outside of cave crates. If it was just green or blue level items, then perhaps I wouldnt have much of a complaint, but yellow and red level cave crates are where the best stuff comes from.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:59 AM, Moonie1 said:

Its a tactic used often to hopefully light a fire under some butts. The cave is off limits on my private server, I have spawned a bunch of microraptors and alphas in there to dissuade anyone from visiting. I am hoping Wildcard will fix the cave to be more dangerous fitting a cave with 3 loot crates all in close proximity.

WORST.SERVER.EVER ?

1 hour ago, Blolfenegergamagarner said:

LOL IKR! I make sure to tell people about the cave on my server and suggest they go have a look xD

He's kind of got a point but there's no balance to the loot to start with so we deserve some freebies, blue drops feel like a place holder from before early access "stick a compass & water jar in for now, we'll sort them later" and don't get me started on the red drops on Valguero, 3 moth saddles, 2 oil pumps, a morellatops saddle and 5 canteens, I know one thing, I'll never get thirsty on here ? you don't need a flamethrower ammo bp do you? might have a few of those knocking about as well lol, got a nice 119 primitive sword bp from the broodmother as well

If there was more useful stuff in drops instead of multiple duplicates of useless items then people wouldn't go looking for easy loot in the first place, there's only 2 proper caves on the map because WC wanted to release it before it was 100% complete, I hope the devs just release the rest as a mod and sod it being official

1 minute ago, RageQuitter said:

He's kind of got a point but there's no balance to the loot to start with so we deserve some freebies, blue drops feel like a place holder from before early access "stick a compass & water jar in for now, we'll sort them later" and don't get me started on the red drops on Valguero, 3 moth saddles, 2 oil pumps, a morellatops saddle and 5 canteens, I know one thing, I'll never get thirsty on here ? you don't need a flamethrower ammo bp do you? might have a few of those knocking about as well lol, got a nice 119 primitive sword bp from the broodmother as well

If there was more useful stuff in drops instead of multiple duplicates of useless items then people wouldn't go looking for easy loot in the first place, there's only 2 proper caves on the map because WC wanted to release it before it was 100% complete, I hope the devs just release the rest as a mod and sod it being official

lol he's absolutely got a point, it's definitely broken....... but this is something broken in our favor and I don't really see it as a huge deal myself, I mean if you want to get right down to the brass tacks, no drop in the overworld map has much risk attached to it..... maybe a random yuty that you have to wait till it leaves or something like that, but I just don't see this as *that* much of a game changer, the loot can vary from garbage to a little OP, but so can loot in the overworld.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

Mostly trash isnt the issue. Its when its not "mostly trash" for no risk. Im complaining because after playing for just under 5000 hours, I enjoy doing caves where you have to blast your way thru tons of dinos, jump and swim across obstacles, etc. for a reward. I dont enjoy simply flying into a cave and looting 3 cave crates that have better loot than the outside crates along with the artifact.

You are also downplaying the value of the loot from the crates. You get items from them that you cannot get anywhere else outside of cave crates. If it was just green or blue level items, then perhaps I wouldnt have much of a complaint, but yellow and red level cave crates are where the best stuff comes from.

What's the difference between these crates and the dune crates on SE or Ragnarok that actually have better tables with higher quality?

9 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Ya artifact of crag cave xD asc tool bps only place I've ever found them is valguero in this cave out of my 10k hrs in game xD

I've found ascendant tools blueprints in regular yellow beacons before.

11 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

What's the difference between these crates and the dune crates on SE or Ragnarok that actually have better tables with higher quality?

I don't know if the loot tables are better ... it's good is all I know lol 

20 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

The desert crates are not higher quality in terms of %. They are crappy % high level items/bps. Scuba, Giga saddles, Ghillie and other crap that gets redundant fast. Yes there are some nice finds once in a blue moon like riot gear but really, how many 50ac giga saddles do you need? The desert crate loot table is not the same as what comes from the red cave crate since they are deep sea crates. While the dino/worm threats in the desert are easy to avoid and almost non existent, there are some threats. The cave has none.

Ascendant tools bps in regular yellows??? On officials??? First ive heard of it. You got really lucky, but you could have got them a lot easier in this freebie cave.

To be honest, I just want some dinos in there to make it a little harder to get the artifact and the crates. Dont give stuff away so easily, some people actually like earning things like that, and when they are given away without much effort, it dimishes the value of said items. Hell, even if they made the cave so you couldnt fly in it, that would at least be a step in the right direction.

Archived